New: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

AMA ptrikha21

Postby ptrikha21 » 17 Nov 2018, 18:22

Background
It has only been a few days since I saw the AMA feature here. It has got me glued on, and I have asked some questions from a few folks. I decided why not jump into this myself. I know it could be a challenge answering various questions, but what is life without challenges ! ;)

AMA ptrikha21

So ask me anything, but nothing that is too personal. Also, do not ask me things like repairing an Oil refinery or about the colors of a country's President or Prime Minister's office walls, which I cannot answer at all.
As for other questions, I would try to answer them as much as possible.

Have a great time ahead!

Regards,
Ptrikha21

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 200

Re: AMA ptrikha21

Postby Lushh » 17 Nov 2018, 18:40

Hi @prikha21 thanks for putting yourself in this position to be questioned. :) Apart from cricket (and other sports) what kind of activities interest you?

Lushh

ForumCoin: 2,572

Postby ptrikha21 » 17 Nov 2018, 19:01

Lushh wrote:Hi @prikha21 thanks for putting yourself in this position to be questioned. :) Apart from cricket (and other sports) what kind of activities interest you?

Thanks for asking Lushh.
I am not a very wild football fan, but like this year, whenever World Cup Football comes, I am damn crazy. This year too I followed the cup. I was not on forumcoin then, but I shared posts regarding the cup on another site.
This year, we also have World Cup Hockey starting in a few days in India itself. So keep watch for a few hockey posts from my side.

I also like to read fiction. My recent reads have been two novels by Agatha Christie- "Murder on the Orient Express" and "Death on the Nile" and I also recently read the Bestseller "Alchemist" in September.
Perhaps, I should also bring a post on novels, as I can keep on writing a lot about them.
I like reading about Sports, Politics, economics- world and national.

Then one of my interests is watching Travel shows. I love seeing varied places, cultures and also foods and customs.

Have a great time ahead!

ptrikha21

Postby suny » 18 Nov 2018, 05:47

Hi- ptrikha21 - May I ask about your profession, (my best guess is you're in IT), and the place of job (my best guess is in or around Delhi).

By the way, I can help repair refineries, cement plants and sugar mills (being a mechanical engineer, metallurgist, expert in welding technology. I work in the field of marketing of electronic equipment though) :D

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 921

Postby arunima » 18 Nov 2018, 06:02

I would have asked about your profession but Suny has already done it.
SO let me ask you about your hobby. DO you have a hobby? And are you able to pursue it in a busy and demanding life??

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 388

Postby ptrikha21 » 18 Nov 2018, 11:11

suny wrote:Hi- ptrikha21 - May I ask about your profession, (my best guess is you're in IT), and the place of job (my best guess is in or around Delhi).

By the way, I can help repair refineries, cement plants and sugar mills (being a mechanical engineer, metallurgist, expert in welding technology. I work in the field of marketing of electronic equipment though) :D

Yes I am in IT and I work in Noida. Some of my relatives are Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineers.

-- 18 Nov 2018, 16:42 --

arunima wrote:I would have asked about your profession but Suny has already done it.
SO let me ask you about your hobby. DO you have a hobby? And are you able to pursue it in a busy and demanding life??

Writing and reading are my hobbies. I am not able to pursue them much these days. However, I would get some time around New Year and would devote time to both, and start reading a new novel.
Thanks for asking.

ptrikha21

Postby talkerbee » 20 Nov 2018, 12:46

ptrikha21 wrote:Writing and reading are my hobbies. I am not able to pursue them much these days. However, I would get some time around New Year and would devote time to both, and start reading a new novel.
Thanks for asking.
What's you're favorite novel? Have you write an own novel?

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 284

Postby ptrikha21 » 20 Nov 2018, 16:23

talkerbee wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:Writing and reading are my hobbies. I am not able to pursue them much these days. However, I would get some time around New Year and would devote time to both, and start reading a new novel.
Thanks for asking.
What's you're favorite novel? Have you write an own novel?

It would be tough for me to tell one novel as my favorite. However, if you still insist on one, it would be "The Eleventh Commandment (Thou shalt not be caught)" by Jeffrey Archer.
Coming close to it would be :
"Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie"
"The Sky is falling" and "The Naked face" by Sidney Sheldon
"Murder on the Nile" by Agatha Christie
and
"Five Point Someone" by Chetan Bhagat
I also read a few written by Dan Brown too.

And I have not written a novel myself, but plan to do so, once a few things settle and I find some time from my offline schedule.
But I have written multi-part story series on Literacybase and Blogjob.
One of my last on Literacybase is a War-Action-Thriller and I did not complete it but it has already been 17 parts there.
Some others spanned 6 to 7 parts.

ptrikha21

Postby gugun21 » 20 Nov 2018, 16:32

Hi..!! I wish this was truth and dare game!! But, I have to control my informal side.. So the first question would be for you is that what's the most humiliating/embarrassing incident for you?? And you have to describe it.. And Mention about any awkward date you have been.. :clap: :wave: :lol:

gugun21

ForumCoin: 221

Postby ptrikha21 » 21 Nov 2018, 12:22

gugun21 wrote:Hi..!! I wish this was truth and dare game!! But, I have to control my informal side.. So the first question would be for you is that what's the most humiliating/embarrassing incident for you?? And you have to describe it.. And Mention about any awkward date you have been.. :clap: :wave: :lol:

Well, a tough question. Yet let me try to answer it. I think I can mention a couple of them. One was a couple of years back, when we went for our kids admission to a school, and I did not think of carrying sufficient amount for buying the admission prospectus at the school. So I had to dash off to a nearby ATM to do so. It was embarassing(apart from getting an earful from my wife!).
and another time, I recall an exam of maths in 9th class in second term, where most of my friends got 75+ and 80+ and i just got in 60s.
(And I was pretty good at studies).
And here is one more. I was traveling in a hilly area: from Mandi to Dharamshala in HP in 2001. It was night time, and suddenly I started feeling uneasy. Then, I started vomitting, and the worse part was that a lot of it was on another person's sleepers, who had put it near his seat and was asleep.
During the break, he got it washed with the conductor's help. And before starting, the conductor said aloud "Vomit, but outside an open window, and not on someone's sleepers!"

And I did not had any serious GF during my bachelor days, but I had a mini crush on someone, who wanted to have a car pool with me. However, i had to come up with an execuse as I did not knew driving during those days!

ptrikha21

Postby gugun21 » 21 Nov 2018, 12:54

ptrikha21 wrote:
gugun21 wrote:Hi..!! I wish this was truth and dare game!! But, I have to control my informal side.. So the first question would be for you is that what's the most humiliating/embarrassing incident for you?? And you have to describe it.. And Mention about any awkward date you have been.. :clap: :wave: :lol:

Well, a tough question. Yet let me try to answer it. I think I can mention a couple of them. One was a couple of years back, when we went for our kids admission to a school, and I did not think of carrying sufficient amount for buying the admission prospectus at the school. So I had to dash off to a nearby ATM to do so. It was embarassing(apart from getting an earful from my wife!).
and another time, I recall an exam of maths in 9th class in second term, where most of my friends got 75+ and 80+ and i just got in 60s.
And here is one more. I was traveling in a hilly area: from Mandi to Dharamshala in HP in 2001. It was night time, and suddenly I started feeling uneasy. Then, I started vomitting, and the worse part was that a lot of it was on another person's sleepers, who had put it near his seat and was asleep.
During the break, he got it washed with the conductor's help. And before starting, the conductor said aloud "Vomit, but outside an open window, and not on someone's sleepers!"

And I did not had any serious GF during my bachelor days, but I had a mini crush on someone, who wanted to have a car pool with me. However, i had to come up with an execuse as I did not knew driving during those days!

Aww.. You would be a wonderful dad and I am sure you are!! I did not know earlier, that you were married.. Hats off you manage everything so well.. :thumbup:

gugun21

ForumCoin: 221

Postby ptrikha21 » 22 Nov 2018, 16:44

gugun21 wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:

Aww.. You would be a wonderful dad and I am sure you are!! I did not know earlier, that you were married.. Hats off you manage everything so well.. :thumbup:

Not sure about managing everything well. But yes experience has taught me a lot.

ptrikha21

Postby Fergal » 29 Nov 2018, 07:03

Thanks for starting your AMA ptrikha21.

What type of IT work do you do?

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,916

Postby A K Rao » 29 Nov 2018, 18:00

Doing very well here also as usual dear friend! I am sure you will do great here and I am keeping an eye here on you! keep it up!

For the people reading the post here! he is a noble soul!

All the best dear friend! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 944

Postby ptrikha21 » 30 Nov 2018, 09:39

Fergal wrote:Thanks for starting your AMA ptrikha21.

What type of IT work do you do?

I am into Database Development and Administration, Configuration and Release Management (Builds, Release Notes etc).

-- 30 Nov 2018, 15:20 --

A K Rao wrote:Doing very well here also as usual dear friend! I am sure you will do great here and I am keeping an eye here on you! keep it up!

For the people reading the post here! he is a noble soul!

All the best dear friend! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for your wishes and compliments.
I plan to accelerate after giving my certification exam in December.

ptrikha21

Next

Return to AMAs & Interviews