ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Plug your link, website, blog post, social media profile, YouTube video, etc. Win ForumCoin!

Vídeo - Emotional impact of diabetes

Postby Allius » 31 Jan 2017, 21:05

Diabetes is, unfortunately, a very common disease. Beyond its physical consequences, people tend to feel some psychological impact.
This our new video is about diabetes and its psychological impact in patients and their families.
The video has portuguese audio, but have english subtitles.

See our video below:

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 436

Re: Vídeo - Emotional impact of diabetes

Postby morgoodie » 31 Jan 2017, 22:13

Great video. It definitely makes sense that the diagnosis of diabetes can have an impact on one's mental health as well. My mother was diabetic and I took care of her in her last few years. I have to say that it was not an easy task. I also went through the mental issues while taking care of her. When I think back to how my mother coped with her disease, I think her mental state was affected greatly. This was some time ago and I don't think her mental state was brought into the process to treat her diabetes.

I had gestational diabetes with my first child and I know it was a crushing blow when I was told even though it went away. It has increased my chances of acquiring this disease more than I already had. I get checked every year and try to stay healthy because I have seen first hand all the things it can do to you.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 527

Postby nela13 » 31 Jan 2017, 23:44

Great video and excellent explanation about the disease. In my family there are several cases of diabetes type 2, my grandma took insulin several years, two of my aunts are diabetic, my uncle died 3 years ago with a heart attack due to his diabetes and my mother is pre-diabetic. It is quite true that food is connected to our emotions and a diabetic person is always on privation, looking if they can eat this or that. I saw some mental issues in one of my aunts but she is trying to take control over the disease.
I think family support is very important, essential to help them to deal with this terrible disease.

nela13

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 343

Postby Allius » 01 Feb 2017, 15:29

Thank you for your feedback!
I'm also very glad that you liked our video. We decided to make a video about diabetes because some people aren't informed about this disease and its consequences. There are so many people that don't do the correct treatment and don't cope very weel with the changes that diabetes demands...

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 436

Postby cmoneyspinner » 17 May 2017, 16:14

* * When I was born into this world, my mind being a blank slate, whatever I learned was just accepted until I knew better. My father was a diabetic. I remember going with him to the clinic for him to get his insulin shots. He managed his illness quite well. So it never occurred to me that it was dangerous. My dad was always a calm-natured sweet gentle man. It never dawned on me that he was suffering from a sickness that could kill him.
<3

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 281

Postby shamzblueworld » 03 Jul 2017, 14:39

My mother has diabetes, and it is very hard on us, she is having health problems for more than 10 years now and due to diabetes, its getting worse. It does take a toll on your mental health as well.

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 274

Return to Link & Video Plugs - Win ForumCoin