New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Site news and information.

ForumCoin Reward for up to 25 Posts Per Day

Postby Fergal » 30 Apr 2015, 20:50

You may have noticed a heading appearing below our random links which states something like:

In the last 24 hours you have made 18 posts. You can only earn ForumCoin from 25 posts in a 24 hour period.

This is something we are trialling to see what impact it will have on our community and the quality of posts on the forum. As you will have noticed, members will now earn ForumCoin for their first 25 posts in any 24 hour period. You are very welcome to make more than 25 posts every 24 hours, however you will earn ForumCoin for the first 25 only.

Any feedback or suggestions would be most welcome!

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,988

Re: ForumCoin Reward for up to 25 Posts Per Day

Postby JordanDD » 30 Apr 2015, 21:23

Hey !

I don't know if its a good idea... Some users will quit for sure because they think you just don't want to reward to much.

Personally, I would be here as long as I can. The fact you sre only paying for the first 25 posts in a 24h period is ok to me.

Is there a specific reason to that, we will say it, huge change ?

Jordan

JordanDD

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 20

Postby Cloudlin » 30 Apr 2015, 21:29

Aww, all I can say is that this site was my little goldmine for the short time I've been here, and it still is, but I guess a little less so now.
You gotta do what you gotta do though, and thats fine with me.

Cloudlin

ForumCoin: 37

Postby Raees » 30 Apr 2015, 21:43

This really a bad move at this moment, the forum was picking up but this will bring it down.

Raees

Referrals: 16
ForumCoin: 606

Postby CyberFreak » 30 Apr 2015, 21:43

Hey,

We understand that some users will not like the change however we feel that it is certainly worth a trial. We are facing an issue at the moment with alot of low quality posts with users trying to post as much as they can. This does lead to the overall quality of the posts going down and does create a negative view in some peoples eyes. We are hoping that by limiting the number of posts, users will spend a bit more time on their posts as it is no longer a race to see how many posts they can make that day.

We want to reward high quality posts rather than reward users who post 30+ posts a day just because they want a load of ForumCoin. As we are paying for the posts, we do want good posts to be made. In the same way you would if you were running the site. We don't have a bottomless pit of money so we would rather give it out to users who really put effort and thought into most of their posts.

We will see what happens. We have a few other ideas and we may increase the 25 post limit depending on how things play out. We are certainly interested in hearing peoples thoughts and suggestions :)

Users can still earn a decent amount daily so it is not like we are not paying or cut the rates for every post.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 63,107

Postby Raees » 30 Apr 2015, 21:45

and also I would suggest to disable the counting for forum games, Services and Exchanges sections.

Raees

Referrals: 16
ForumCoin: 606

Postby Sam » 30 Apr 2015, 21:55

It doesn't personally affect me because I basically only make a post when I think I can contribute to a discussion. However it will probably turn some members off ForumCoin. Would there be a way to remove the limit but still ensure that posts made are quality?

I can understand the rational behind the decision. I've been watching the Payments/ Gift threads and they've exploded recently. What I would propose is raising the payment threshold to encourage more memberss to use the Classifieds and Exchange area.

There must be ways of increasing the revenue ForumCoin is generating. Another idea might be to offer more official services which cost little/ nothing but remove ForumCoin from the system. E.G. If you could find a graphics designer willing to take an 80% cut of the charge for the official graphics service.

Sam

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 1,303

Postby Scouten » 30 Apr 2015, 22:17

I agree with you on wanting to increase the quality of posts from members, but I don't know if this would be the best way to get people to post better quality messages. Personally, I do not mind this update as I really enjoy this community and the FC is just a bonus for me, but I do think it will cause some people to leave the Forum.

I think the best way to deal with post quality is to give some sort of incentive to those whose posts contribute well to a discussion. You could limit Reputation points to Admins and Moderators (Maybe get 2 or 3 Moderators, who are on the Forum often, who post nice quality posts already) and give reputation points to the posts that have great quality and contribute to each discussion. These reputation points could then be used towards things maybe like a Forum Rank? (I would love ranks on ForumCoin.)

By limiting it to the first 25 posts only, you will get people that will come here and post 25 times, with low quality and not post anymore than that just to get however many coins they can that day.

In addition,
I wish to propose a new rule for ForumCoin.
Do not post on any boards that haven't been posted on for 2 weeks, unless it is the board posters doing.
This would help prevent people from bringing up boards from April 2013, that no one has seen or posted on for years just to find more ways to get some extra ForumCoin. I mean, my topic about "Fitness Wristbands" got pushed to page 6, when I posted it about 3 days ago, due to someone bringing up old, old, old topics.

Thanks for all you do!
-Scouten

Edit: You could also limit just limit the amount of Forum topics you can make each day for coins. I have seen that if some people run out of ways to earn more coins, from their low quality posts, they will often post a new topic, with a quick one sentence question, not giving anyone a lot to reply to, causing more low quality posts.

Scouten

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 154

Postby Pollex4 » 01 May 2015, 01:25

To be honest, I really like the idea (sorry guys)

It's just that, we keep on posting just to earn Forumcoins without even thinking anymore. I have to admit I did that a couple of times, and well, I'm starting to get embarassed :oops:

With a 25-post limit, we won't go on our edges to type and type and type. We'll be mindful of what we are writing, and therefore, share more quality content. Also, when we have reached the daily 25-post limit, then we relax right? "Enough for the day", thus sharing would be more about US than about the FORUMCOIN.

Good one admin. I really like this move.

May I ask, who came up with the idea?

Quick suggestion: Why not increase the forumcoin received with each post? You know, to slower the transition?
Also, with the increase, newer members would be eager to post. I mean, just a bit, do not make it way too high because it could lessen the posts.

Pollex4

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 124

Postby DinheiroGelada » 01 May 2015, 01:54

Hey guys. Maybe limit by points and not by posts?

I understand that if you guys start paying too much money you'll go bankrupt (and quality will decrease), but I like to post a lot in the off topic section and I was thinking that maybe I'll only be able to get 25 FC if I post there 25 times before posting anywhere else?

I'm pretty sure there should be a limit too, or maybe only some sections should reward money. I don't know, I feel like posting a lot here in FC (probably more than the allowed limit) and I just didn't want to think: "man I should do my first 25 posts at business/webmaster where they pay better per post".

I'm sorry if I've some trouble explaining, or if it comes off like a greed person. I believe something like "there is a limit to how many FCs you can get everyday" may be a good thing.

Also, someone mentioned to upper the cashout limit. I believe that first time cashout should be as low as $5 (maybe even lower?), so people could see that you guys will pay them. Second time (and so on) should have a higher minimum amount (like $10 or $25) to cashout. This way, like Sam mention, people would end up using FC for other services.

Also, you guys need to implement a system where you take a small cut from every FC (like 1% - min. 1 point). At least for services (not when people are freely giving points to each other).

I know that's not easy to implement (decision wise and technical wise) but you should discuss with the community and between you two :mrgreen:

I hope I've helped :D :mrgreen:

Hey There!

I've made around $197 in April/2015 using a few Websites + Apps:
:arrow: CashPirate's Guide $10/mo
:arrow: Clix's Tutorial $71 in less than a month

Paid to Write Make money and have fun!

PT or BR? Visit my Blog Freelance/Blogging/Money
DinheiroGelada

Referrals: 86
ForumCoin: 25

Postby Jybraek » 01 May 2015, 04:27

I think its a good move to weed out those that are only here to make low quality posts and just keep collecting forum coins. It also effects the forum's revenue in a way because it could get penalized by Google. I think Fergal should keep this for a while and see how it goes. But he should raise the ante a bit accordingly though as well for those that really do make quality posts.I know I have been guilty myself of doing some low quality posts from time to time but that was mainly because I came on here quick..read a few topics..after a period of inactivity and did what I could before running off again to hunt for a job.

Jybraek

ForumCoin: 1,301

Postby jacktheking » 01 May 2015, 04:49

Hmm.. A good idea. How about for first 25 Posts, 100% reward. The next 25 Posts 50% reward. And the rest at 5% reward. Others and me will stop posting if it give us 0% reward. So, having a five percent might be helpful.

jacktheking
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 162

Postby Fergal » 01 May 2015, 07:01

Thanks everyone for your most helpful and valuable feedback. We will take it all on board and consider it very carefully.

As a side note I would like to say that this change will not impact on the vast majority you. Most of our members, me included, post less than 25 posts in 24 hours, hence it will not reduce the amount of ForumCoin you earn.

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,988

Postby Cloudlin » 01 May 2015, 07:19

May it be possible to run more ads too?
Personally I don't mind :)

Cloudlin

ForumCoin: 37

Postby Sam » 01 May 2015, 07:24

Cloudlin wrote:May it be possible to run more ads too?
Personally I don't mind :)

Yes- definitely needed! Possibly something like http://www.viglink.com/solutions/forums/.

Sam

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 1,303

Next

Return to Guidelines and Announcements