ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Where Do They Get the Idea that This Might Be Acceptable?

Postby friendociate » 26 Oct 2018, 20:37

Almost everyday, I get a Facebook friend-request from another 'pROn'-profile :sick: ... and not even 'a discreet young woman who has some private pictures she'd gladly show you (in return for either your friendship or your money),' but OUT LOUD---usually two-or-three posts at the top of the profile-feed there!

And I 'report' them, everytime ... usually right before I deny the friend-request.

But why do people keep on building those kinds of profiles (especially when there's at least one other 'F-Book' specifically designed-for those types of profiles)?

I'm thinking it's because 'a lot of the users on Facebook don't mind those kinds of profiles' (I know because I :oops: used to be 'one of those users').

But I regret ever having been one of those (one of the reasons YouTube won't let me have a YouTube profile :( ), and I wish Facebook had 'kept those should-be-private pictures BARRED FROM their database!'

friendociate

ForumCoin: 197

Re: Where Do They Get the Idea that This Might Be Acceptable?

Postby Lushh » 28 Oct 2018, 01:14

Almost everyday, I get a Facebook friend-request from another 'pROn'-profile :sick: ... and not even 'a discreet young woman who has some private pictures she'd gladly show you (in return for either your friendship or your money),' but OUT LOUD---usually two-or-three posts at the top of the profile-feed there!

The issue I have with these 'pROn' profiles is that Facebook is the one who is suggesting them as friends for me. These people didn't seek me out at all. If it weren't for FB I probably wouldn't even have come across those images. You know that little notification you get 'You have a friend suggestion' :lol: that's how they found me.

But why do people keep on building those kinds of profiles (especially when there's at least one other 'F-Book' specifically designed-for those types of profiles)?

I'm thinking they are not even interested in what their images suggest. It's probably not even their own body parts. It could be a trick to extort money from people who are weak to those things. Unfortunately some have fallen for scams like these.

I wish Facebook had 'kept those should-be-private pictures BARRED FROM their database!'

I don't know what they use to determine what to bar but I've seen them doing that to some written content.

Lushh

ForumCoin: 1,576

Postby Allius » 30 Oct 2018, 19:24

[Moving topic to appropriate forum section!]

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 353

Postby friendociate » 30 Oct 2018, 23:25

Allius wrote:[Moving topic to appropriate forum section!]

I dunno; I guess I felt it was something more about 'the disintegration of morality in society' than 'the technology' ... although we could talk about 'strengthening auto-censors to make them block the inappropriate stuff a little faster' :ugeek:

friendociate

Postby suny » 31 Oct 2018, 02:03

friendociate wrote:
Allius wrote:[Moving topic to appropriate forum section!]

I dunno; I guess I felt it was something more about 'the disintegration of morality in society' than 'the technology' ... although we could talk about 'strengthening auto-censors to make them block the inappropriate stuff a little faster' :ugeek:

I am not aware about the other FBook with that kind of profiles but one of the key-words in your post (this post) redirected me to this site... :D
https://www.mgid.com/ghits/2955866/i/95 ... &tt=Direct

suny

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 504

Postby friendociate » 31 Oct 2018, 14:16

suny wrote:I am not aware about the other FBook with that kind of profiles

good ... one of those 'if you don't know what it is, you don't need to know'-things (like when grown-ups S-P-E-L-L words around kids)

but one of the key-words in your post (this post) redirected me

So you're saying 'a good guess would be that somebody PAID for the pR0n to be there,' no?

friendociate

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology