New: New Contest for August 1 to August 31, 2019 / Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby Lushh » 11 May 2019, 23:19

According to The Britannica, stalking is the crime of following another person against his or her wishes and harassing that person. It's hard to imagine that anyone enjoys being stalked, which is probably why it is classified as harassment.

Quite puzzling is that the behaviour appears to come naturally to the stalkers, who seem to see nothing immoral/unethical about their actions. I have heard stalkers 'justify' very well their stalking. How is it that everyone else finds it creepy and the ones being stalked feel fearful and uncomfortable about it?

Below is the URL to an article on the topic written by Joel Best. The article goes in detail on the History of stalking, Cyberstalking, Arguments on whether its evidence of psychological issues, Policies on stalking, etc.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/stalking-crime

Have you been the victim of stalking? Have you been the perpetrator of stalking? What are your views on stalking?
  • 0

User avatar
Lushh
 
Posts: 1,226
Reputation: 228
ForumCoin: 267

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby MABEL » 12 May 2019, 00:07

I'm always stalking victim. It's uncomfortable really. But I did one time to my ex too. It made me paranoid really. In totality it's not good to stalk someone.
  • 1

MABEL
 
Posts: 333
Reputation: 47
ForumCoin: 386

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby a_jerobon » 12 May 2019, 05:16

Lushh wrote:According to The Britannica, stalking is the crime of following another person against his or her wishes and harassing that person. It's hard to imagine that anyone enjoys being stalked, which is probably why it is classified as harassment.

Quite puzzling is that the behaviour appears to come naturally to the stalkers, who seem to see nothing immoral/unethical about their actions. I have heard stalkers 'justify' very well their stalking. How is it that everyone else finds it creepy and the ones being stalked feel fearful and uncomfortable about it?

Below is the URL to an article on the topic written by Joel Best. The article goes in detail on the History of stalking, Cyberstalking, Arguments on whether its evidence of psychological issues, Policies on stalking, etc.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/stalking-crime

Have you been the victim of stalking? Have you been the perpetrator of stalking? What are your views on stalking?

Stalking is really so bad. I have a history of stalking my exes. I had psychological issues that I had not dealt with and so used it as an excuse to harass my exes. After I did some therapy with REBT(rational emotive behaviour therapy) I was able to stop and relate well with my exe.
  • 1

a_jerobon
 
Posts: 2,632
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 101
ForumCoin: 182

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby Lushh » 12 May 2019, 14:07

a_jerobon wrote:Stalking is really so bad. I have a history of stalking my exes. I had psychological issues that I had not dealt with and so used it as an excuse to harass my exes. After I did some therapy with REBT(rational emotive behaviour therapy) I was able to stop and relate well with my exe.

I appreciate you sharing that my dear. The approach you took in addressing the matter is commendable and made all the difference. I know some individuals prefer to stay away from anything suggesting therapy but many times it's the only thing that helps.
  • 0

User avatar
Lushh
 
Posts: 1,226
Reputation: 228
ForumCoin: 267

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby mrki444 » 12 May 2019, 16:40

How we will react at online stalking? Why people are not aware about it?
  • 0

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner
 
Posts: 12,732
Reputation: 354
ForumCoin: 842

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby Lushh » 12 May 2019, 17:33

mrki444 wrote:How we will react at online stalking? Why people are not aware about it?

Are you asking how we should deal with online stalking?I'm not sure I understand what it is that you say people are not aware of.
  • 0

User avatar
Lushh
 
Posts: 1,226
Reputation: 228
ForumCoin: 267

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby mrki444 » 12 May 2019, 19:24

Lushh wrote:Are you asking how we should deal with online stalking?


Yes I do. Online stalking even more dangerous than real stalking. Should we get some tools for checking who see our profile and it is not our friend or follower?
  • 1

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner
 
Posts: 12,732
Reputation: 354
ForumCoin: 842

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby Lushh » 12 May 2019, 22:44

mrki444 wrote:
Lushh wrote:Are you asking how we should deal with online stalking?


Yes I do. Online stalking even more dangerous than real stalking. Should we get some tools for checking who see our profile and it is not our friend or follower?

True, with technological advances more people are falling victims to online stalking. All the tools I've heard about claiming to know who have checked our profiles have proven incapable of doing that. Even if they could, that still doesn't offer much protection in itself. Prevention is always the first step in minimizing any unwanted experiences. In this case we start out by taking certain privacy protection measures.

Often the personal information shared online is what gives the stalker access into different areas of your life, leading to more harassment. It is advisable then to keep personal information private. This means not publicly sharing your phone number, address, place of employment, whereabouts of your family members and avoid using your full name (as a screen name).

Check regularly the privacy policies of the sites you are registered on as they change constantly. Go into your privacy settings to see how visible your data is to the rest of the world and make necessary adjustments.

Go as far as performing an online search of yourself. See what comes up and remove anything (within your power) that you would rather not share with everyone.

If you are already being stalked, firmly tell the perpetrator to back off ONCE (and only once). From here on avoid responding to any type of contact this person may try to have with you. Be sure to document everything however. Keep records of all emails, voicemails, instant messages and whatever slanderous, demeaning things they may post anywhere online about you. If at any point you have reason to believe you are in danger immediately notify law enforcement and turn over all documentation on the stalking.

In the meantime alert others about the stalking. Tell your family, friends, colleagues, employer and anyone else who can keep a watch out for you and also serve as a support system.
  • 0

User avatar
Lushh
 
Posts: 1,226
Reputation: 228
ForumCoin: 267

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby MysticMoons » 13 May 2019, 01:51

Yes people have tried to stalk me. They stopped once They saw the swords I keep in my house. :D
  • 1

Learn how to get paid to play video games from home! Paid via paypal watch video video below
https://bittubers.com/post/e3ac5133-c4ee-4275-910a-7d5615e3b1cb
User avatar
MysticMoons
 
Posts: 3,028
Location: Cool World
Reputation: 248
ForumCoin: 528

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby Lushh » 15 May 2019, 18:20

MysticMoons wrote:Yes people have tried to stalk me. They stopped once They saw the swords I keep in my house. :D

Ok then Mystic, lol. This we wonder: What were they thinking?

--- 15 May 2019, 11:23 ---

MABEL wrote:I'm always stalking victim. It's uncomfortable really. But I did one time to my ex too. It made me paranoid really. In totality it's not good to stalk someone.

It can't be a good feeling at all, for anyone I imagine. Thanks Mabel.
  • 0

User avatar
Lushh
 
Posts: 1,226
Reputation: 228
ForumCoin: 267

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby a_jerobon » 17 May 2019, 11:18

Lushh wrote:
a_jerobon wrote:Stalking is really so bad. I have a history of stalking my exes. I had psychological issues that I had not dealt with and so used it as an excuse to harass my exes. After I did some therapy with REBT(rational emotive behaviour therapy) I was able to stop and relate well with my exe.

I appreciate you sharing that my dear. The approach you took in addressing the matter is commendable and made all the difference. I know some individuals prefer to stay away from anything suggesting therapy but many times it's the only thing that helps.

Yes, therapy is truly the only thing that helps. It really helped me and I usually encourage anyone with psychological issues to go for therapy or do some self therapy.
  • 0

a_jerobon
 
Posts: 2,632
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 101
ForumCoin: 182

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby A K Rao » 18 May 2019, 05:13

Could be quite possible! All I can say is stalking is a abnormal behaviour , which means that can be pathological too! It is definitely a psylogical problem if they are thinking to harm others!
  • 1

User avatar
A K Rao
 
Posts: 3,909
Location: India
Referrals: 3
Reputation: 494
ForumCoin: 2,149

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby iamdahmmy » 20 May 2019, 10:06

I have never been stalked before but I know its a bad thing.. People that are been stalked feel uncomfortable and unsafe..maybe stalking is an evidence of psychological issues..maybe not.. Medical professionals will be able to explain better
  • 1

iamdahmmy
 
Posts: 394
Reputation: 43
ForumCoin: 398

Re: Stalking: Evidence of Psychological Issues?

Postby a_jerobon » 20 May 2019, 13:03

iamdahmmy wrote:I have never been stalked before but I know its a bad thing.. People that are been stalked feel uncomfortable and unsafe..maybe stalking is an evidence of psychological issues..maybe not.. Medical professionals will be able to explain better

Stalking is really bad. It shows that a person has low frustration tolerance which is an essential element for each adult.
  • 1

a_jerobon
 
Posts: 2,632
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 101
ForumCoin: 182


Return to General Chat - Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Reputation System ©'