New: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Bank for Students In Schools!

Postby Alexandoy » 12 May 2019, 13:59

SUPERSINGH wrote:I think this still helps because teachers and parents can guide and motivate kids to save and deposit in bank

Learning to save early is one good campaign that some banks do. But it looks like children nowadays are not encouraged to open a bank account. I wonder why.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 1,031

Postby Happyland » 12 May 2019, 16:51

I did not have a bank in my school. It sounds like it could be a good idea if it is run correctly. Many people think money is the root of all evil but the better educated we are on money then hopefully will have a better mental approach.

Happyland

ForumCoin: 705

Postby Angie10 » 12 May 2019, 17:27

Oh wow ok, that sounds like a fantastic idea! We never had that in any of the schools I attended in my country and as far as I know, no such thing exists today.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 1,011

Postby A K Rao » 12 May 2019, 17:43

Angie10 wrote:Oh wow ok, that sounds like a fantastic idea! We never had that in any of the schools I attended in my country and as far as I know, no such thing exists today.

I personally feel that this helps the kids to develop the habit of saving right from their childhood ! At least in my case I learnt what is meant by savings from the bank which we had in our school!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,032

Postby ptrikha21 » 12 May 2019, 17:47

A K Rao wrote:When we were kids and were studying in school (Secondary school) we used to have a Bank run y Government of India in our School by name 'Sanchayiti'. I think that was a scheme initiated by the Government to inculcate the habit of savings in the life of students at the early age!

I don't know if such banks are still functioning in schools or not! Did you have any Bank in your school? Have you opened an account there?

This is a good concept. We did not had anything in our school, but may be some schools could be having this concept in their campus these days.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 275

Postby A K Rao » 16 May 2019, 07:47

ptrikha21 wrote:This is a good concept. We did not had anything in our school, but may be some schools could be having this concept in their campus these days.

This was in fact the project started by the Government then, which I doubt is still in existence or not!

In fact I was pleasantly surprised that there is an organization with the name School Saving which is having such schemes in schools and is approved by US Department of Education!

Link: http://ww2.schoolsavings.com/

A K Rao

Postby rakski » 16 May 2019, 08:45

Oh nice. We do not have anything like that. But some banks offer junior savings account for kids and teenagers.

rakski

ForumCoin: 730

Postby ahmedo24 » 17 May 2019, 04:57

This kids account is almost everywhere and it a very helpful cos you are directly saving for the child's future.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 83

Postby Vehlijanta » 17 May 2019, 15:32

Banks have this option to open bank account on the name of minors but kids should be taught the value of savings.

Vehlijanta

ForumCoin: 331

Postby Angie10 » 17 May 2019, 17:55

A K Rao wrote:
Angie10 wrote:Oh wow ok, that sounds like a fantastic idea! We never had that in any of the schools I attended in my country and as far as I know, no such thing exists today.

I personally feel that this helps the kids to develop the habit of saving right from their childhood ! At least in my case I learnt what is meant by savings from the bank which we had in our school!

Oh, it does! And I hope you don't think I was against the idea because your comment seems to suggest that! I wish that were the case everywhere.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 1,011

Postby arunima » 18 May 2019, 06:36

We did not have one. That would be great idea and I think it should be brought back to inculcate the habit of savings in youths. Also they would come to know of their saving potential and other benefits like interests etc.
We had a very popular culture of piggy banks in our time and even that is dying now.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 424

Postby JASPREET » 18 May 2019, 07:28

These days even grown ups and adults don't give a thought to save money and like to spend all the money they earn or have.

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 360

Postby A K Rao » 18 May 2019, 07:33

arunima wrote:We did not have one. That would be great idea and I think it should be brought back to inculcate the habit of savings in youths. Also they would come to know of their saving potential and other benefits like interests etc.
We had a very popular culture of piggy banks in our time and even that is dying now.

In fact when I have done some research on the net I found that there are many countries in the World who are taking interest in this type of projects to encourage the students to save! Here is another link I am giving how the projects are handled !

Link: https://www.sefcu.com/school-banking-program

A K Rao

Postby A K Rao » 20 May 2019, 07:56

JASPREET wrote:These days even grown ups and adults don't give a thought to save money and like to spend all the money they earn or have.

That is OK for the people who have post retirement benefits in the form of regular pension either from the Government or from the Organization where they worked! In India people working in the private sector or into the business or into any other traits undoubtedly need to have savings for their old age! In India we are looked after by the Government like in many Western Countries after the age of 60!

A K Rao

Postby arunima » 20 May 2019, 07:57

A K Rao wrote:
arunima wrote:We did not have one. That would be great idea and I think it should be brought back to inculcate the habit of savings in youths. Also they would come to know of their saving potential and other benefits like interests etc.

In fact when I have done some research on the net I found that there are many countries in the World who are taking interest in this type of projects to encourage the students to save! Here is another link I am giving how the projects are handled !

Link: https://www.sefcu.com/school-banking-program

Thank You so much for sharing this link. I think it's a great initiative. As an educator when I study about teenage, one very significant thing of this age is their urge to handle finance and have some say in money matters. They like to have pocket money and be finacially independent. This the the right stage to let them learn about their financial matters and handle it. So such banks would be good to use this developmental stage and inculcate financial sense.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 424

PreviousNext

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum