ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Which Is Better A Government Job Or A Private Job?

Postby A K Rao » 17 Apr 2019, 07:39

In India as one of our friend @Sunny said that people are crazy about getting the Government job as they feel secured with the job and have many facilities to avail !

But in my opinion a talented and skilled person must join a Private firm as his/her skills get recognized by the Organization soon and he/she will be given a responsible position with very good benefits!

What is your opinion about this?

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 726

Re: Which Is Better A Government Job Or A Private Job?

Postby suny » 17 Apr 2019, 07:56

Thanks for mentioning me here :thumbup: But being a private sector worker, I feel that most Indians consider a government job as the only job that comes under "employment". It probably gives them a guarantee of no work and best salary (gone are the days when private corporate sector jobs were considered high pay jobs). Now government employees getting better salaries and after retirement benefits and add to this, lesser hours of work and of course job guarantee, work or no work. Unless this mentality is changed India will not develop whatever the local government does.

Last edited by suny on 17 Apr 2019, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 590

Postby katkat » 17 Apr 2019, 07:56

Agree with you on this. Being in the goverment means security of tenure. But if you want your talent and skilla be developed, I go for private companies. More rooms for improvement career wise. In the government especially in the local government, if you don't have political eligibility you can't be promoted even if you are qualified. That's the sad part of it. Of course it varies from country to another.

katkat

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 130

Postby JASPREET » 17 Apr 2019, 08:54

We all think differently and If given an option will go with a Government Job and am sure you know why :lol:

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 912

Postby grecy0905 » 17 Apr 2019, 14:46

Depends on the situation of the country. In our country, i think it is balance between private and government. It has good benefit in private, but the same goes with government.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 47

Postby Vehlijanta » 17 Apr 2019, 15:44

Private jobs are better due to reason mentioned above as growth opportunities are more.

Vehlijanta

ForumCoin: 292

Postby A K Rao » 17 Apr 2019, 17:33

Vehlijanta wrote:Private jobs are better due to reason mentioned above as growth opportunities are more.

That is true, but as said by our friend Suny today after the implementation of the Sixth pay commission the Government employees are earning very good salaries and some posts are getting much more salary than the Private sector people working at the same level! Plus they are not worried about their job security as they know that no body can remove them from the job easily like in Private firms!

A K Rao

Postby cmoneyspinner » 17 Apr 2019, 21:20

A government job is better unless you own the private business. In that case a private job is better. ;)

But consider this. If all the really smart people work in the private sector and the unintelligent, incompetent people work for the government, sooner or later the government may become corrupted and the private business owners will have to move with their business and go live in another country.

Any country needs qualified capable citizens in both public and private sectors. :thumbup:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 308

Postby tusziget » 18 Apr 2019, 03:45

I think a government job is better than a private job.It has many benefits, such as higher salary, more free days off etc.Just that is not that easy to grab such a job :D

tusziget

ForumCoin: 843

Postby Alexandoy » 18 Apr 2019, 05:15

In the US it is better to be employed by the government because of good salaries. But over here in the Philippines, a private employer is much better than the government.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 846

Postby skysnap » 18 Apr 2019, 07:11

Govt jobs are mostly full of people who are into breaking rules, being lazy and just for those who want to earn from side deals. If you live your life with honesty then govt jobs are not for you. In case private jobs would be lot better. Private jobs are not reliable and something we can't rely on for long term.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,635

Postby mrki444 » 18 Apr 2019, 07:40

So far goverment job is better for me since it's stabile and salary is good but maybe one day I start my own business.

Join my site and earn 23 FC coins playing lottery and forum games. Good luck.

Currently we have technical issues. We are coming back soon.
mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 911

Postby A K Rao » 18 Apr 2019, 07:49

skysnap wrote:Govt jobs are mostly full of people who are into breaking rules, being lazy and just for those who want to earn from side deals. If you live your life with honesty then govt jobs are not for you. In case private jobs would be lot better. Private jobs are not reliable and something we can't rely on for long term.

That is the reason I have not joined Government job though it was very easily available to me! Today I am in a private job and enjoy the work as I face a new challenge every day and most of the time I successfully tackle it with the help of my ever ready willing team, which gives me immense satisfaction!

A K Rao

Postby JASPREET » 18 Apr 2019, 09:17

There is no job security in private jobs although am in a private job but Government job is preferred due to many benefits.

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 912

Postby cinderella » 18 Apr 2019, 09:18

I work in the government. When it comes to salary and benefits, I can say that working in the government can be a good option. That is why many people are aiming to enter government service. But getting the job in the government is not easy. You need to pass civil service examination and or teacher's board for teachers. Even if they are saying that we have more days off, we are on-call. Meaning, even if it is a holiday of you are on leave, the government can recall you in the exigency of service. You are a public servant 24/7.

Visit IDEAL CAREER IDEAS for new online earning ideas!
DATA ENTRY SITES THAT YOU CAN JOIN IN 2019
cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 260

Next

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum