New: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Nobody is useless

Postby iamdahmmy » 05 Apr 2019, 17:01

This new guy was freshly recruited in my company. He was trying to be friendly but I always gave him a cold shoulder.I put that to the fact that I was too full of myself..I was an egotist..."He is new,I'm his boss..why should I interact with him"that was my thought.I was always walking with my nose in the air

Then one day, we both took a taxi cab from our place of work.My wallet fell into the taxi cab..Now,let me say this..my wallet is my life.It contains almost all my documents.. I got down of the cab and didn't notice my wallet had dropped. I was walking home when my phone rang.It was my colleague. He said he saw my wallet in the cab when he wanted to alight. He had to take a bike down to where I was and handed me the wallet.I was gobsmacked.What I dreaded most had happened..losing my wallet..Had it mean he didn't see the wallet,I would have lost it.

I learnt a great lesson that day..Nobody is useless..Be nice to everyone. A man that pushes your button today can save your life tomorrow..Never discount someone"s good qualities just because they made a mistake. So guys,what was that thing that someone you didn't think highly of did to save you?

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 304

Re: Nobody is useless

Postby Allius » 05 Apr 2019, 18:40

Yes, that was a big lesson. But you recognise that, so it is even bigger :)
I'm glad that you shared that story. Unfortunately people are treated by their "importance" in work. And for some people, only those who can give them something, have some value (and lose the value when they have what they want)...
Everyone is important for someone and everyone has it's own value!

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 510

Postby iamdahmmy » 05 Apr 2019, 20:33

Allius wrote:Yes, that was a big lesson. But you recognise that, so it is even bigger :)
I'm glad that you shared that story. Unfortunately people are treated by their "importance" in work. And for some people, only those who can give them something, have some value (and lose the value when they have what they want)...
Everyone is important for someone and everyone has it's own value!

I totally agree..everyone has his own value...everyone is important

iamdahmmy

Postby ceci » 10 Apr 2019, 04:18

Yes, we should not ignore everyone around us although he/she is more fresh or lower grade than us.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 950

Postby a_jerobon » 10 Apr 2019, 15:02

iamdahmmy wrote:This new guy was freshly recruited in my company. He was trying to be friendly but I always gave him a cold shoulder.I put that to the fact that I was too full of myself..I was an egotist..."He is new,I'm his boss..why should I interact with him"that was my thought.I was always walking with my nose in the air

Then one day, we both took a taxi cab from our place of work.My wallet fell into the taxi cab..Now,let me say this..my wallet is my life.It contains almost all my documents.. I got down of the cab and didn't notice my wallet had dropped. I was walking home when my phone rang.It was my colleague. He said he saw my wallet in the cab when he wanted to alight. He had to take a bike down to where I was and handed me the wallet.I was gobsmacked.What I dreaded most had happened..losing my wallet..Had it mean he didn't see the wallet,I would have lost it.

I learnt a great lesson that day..Nobody is useless..Be nice to everyone. A man that pushes your button today can save your life tomorrow..Never discount someone"s good qualities just because they made a mistake. So guys,what was that thing that someone you didn't think highly of did to save you?

This is a truly great lesson. We should learn to treat everyone equally because all of us are humans and the positions we hold in life doesn't have to make us narcissists.

a_jerobon

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 410

Postby iamdahmmy » 12 Apr 2019, 06:51

ceci wrote:Yes, we should not ignore everyone around us although he/she is more fresh or lower grade than us.

Yeah...we should not ignore everyone.. We never know when we will need their help

--- 12 Apr 2019, 06:55 ---

a_jerobon wrote:
iamdahmmy wrote:This new guy was freshly recruited in my company. He was trying to be friendly but I always gave him a cold shoulder.I put that to the fact that I was too full of myself..I was an egotist..."He is new,I'm his boss..why should I interact with him"that was my thought.I was always walking with my nose in the air

This is a truly great lesson. We should learn to treat everyone equally because all of us are humans and the positions we hold in life doesn't have to make us narcissists.

You are definitely right.their is this mantra in my neck of the woods.. I don't know wether its a popular saying in other countries too "On your way up, help those that you meet for you might meet them on your way down"..

iamdahmmy

Postby ptrikha21 » 13 Apr 2019, 12:21

Yes often we misunderstand or underestimate other people, and judge people too early but that should not be done. It is good that you shared this story.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 275

Postby grecy0905 » 13 Apr 2019, 14:51

I think on some areas and yes I think it is true, however, I know someone who is very useless and I wonder what happen to his brain , he is not using it. I am not being bully to someone, it is just my observation and no one knows this person. Sometimes being useless is something about not being a someone that can help you in times of your need and you are always there for that person.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 66

Postby iamdahmmy » 17 Apr 2019, 11:36

ptrikha21 wrote:Yes often we misunderstand or underestimate other people, and judge people too early but that should not be done. It is good that you shared this story.

Thanks a bunch for sharing your thoughts.. Its really bad to underestimate people.. that's one lesson I leanrt from that experience

--- 17 Apr 2019, 11:38 ---

grecy0905 wrote:I think on some areas and yes I think it is true, however, I know someone who is very useless and I wonder what happen to his brain , he is not using it. I am not being bully to someone, it is just my observation and no one knows this person. Sometimes being useless is something about not being a someone that can help you in times of your need and you are always there for that person.

Well,that person you call useless may be of help to you when you least expect..I am talking from experience. You may always be their for the person now but you will be surprised the day the table turns...nobody is useless my friend

iamdahmmy

Postby A K Rao » 18 May 2019, 05:28

That is very true! In good families parents teach this thing right from their childhood!That is why while making friendsi n school most of us never judge a person before making friendship from any other factors except love and dedication!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,032

Postby iamdahmmy » 22 May 2019, 06:40

A K Rao wrote:That is very true! In good families parents teach this thing right from their childhood!That is why while making friendsi n school most of us never judge a person before making friendship from any other factors except love and dedication!

Sure..we should not judge and look down on people..you never know when you will need their help..

iamdahmmy

Return to General Chat - Off Topic