ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts add to the discussion are are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Can Ether be considered a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin?

Postby anilmr » 14 Jan 2019, 20:39

I feel that Ether can be considered a cryptocurrency because it has value like any other cryptos and you can buy and sell it. Moreover, it also also has utility because it can power Ethereum smart contracts or applications. However, bitcoin does not have the same robust programming capabilities, hence we can call bitcoin to be a cryptocurrency, wheras Ether is both a cryptocurrency as well as an utility token.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 915

Re: Can Ether be considered a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin?

Postby Rational Mind » 14 Jan 2019, 21:34

I do not know much about blockchain technology. However, I do know that bitcoin is the prototype of every crypto currencies. Ether is both a currency as well as currency platform.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby MysticMoons » 14 Jan 2019, 21:39

I do not know about this kind of currency. But it is encrypted and hidden like Bitcoin,
then yes it is a cryptocurrency. :D :D

Get paid to post and watch videos! very easy money pays worldwide.Earn money right away for getting views and viewing videos daily! join today click the link below
https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmWGTq8gvLR5AkEbubAG6iPMzF8LFSTgkBAviZqqKo5NMX&channel=258490
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 1,853

Postby riddy09 » 15 Jan 2019, 00:14

If ether is in the market or can be traded in other cryptos then, I would consider it usable crypto. If not, it is just a token with no value like those new cryptos that don't have values.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 477

Postby diana0208 » 15 Jan 2019, 01:22

For me, yes I am considering cryptos is a bitcoin because they are the same but different of this is value of money

diana0208

ForumCoin: 155

Postby talkerbee » 15 Jan 2019, 01:40

Ether means Ethereum. Yes. It can be considered as crypto. In fact, it is now included to coins.ph wallet. It is convenient to exchange ether to our national currency.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 239

Postby tusziget » 15 Jan 2019, 04:34

The difference between them is that Bitcoin has always been in the first place as value, and Ethereum followed it on the second place.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 116

Postby Yugocean » 15 Jan 2019, 06:02

Ethereum is already a cryptocurrency, even the law and rules describing Bitcoins and other cryptocurrency also include Ethereum and other tokens.

Yugocean

ForumCoin: 513

Postby Vehlijanta » 15 Jan 2019, 14:17

I am not interested in any crypto currencies so not interested on ether.

Vehlijanta

ForumCoin: 672

Postby anilmr » 15 Jan 2019, 15:46

I think that Ether and Ethereum are not same. From what I've read Ethereum is a blockchain-based platform whereas Ether is the cryptocurrency which actually is the fuel of this blockchain based platform. But I am still confused. :?

anilmr

Postby augusta » 15 Jan 2019, 16:14

Ether can also be considered as a cyptocurrency just like Bitcoin. It also a digital money that can be traded online too.

augusta

ForumCoin: 16

Postby skysnap » 16 Jan 2019, 09:06

Ether is cryptocurrency but it has more features ERC protocol. And it helps with the smart contract and other in depth blockchain features.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 313

Postby jackchun » 18 Jan 2019, 06:41

of course ether is cryptocurrency coins that has blockchain service. Though I only believe in bitcoin

jackchun

ForumCoin: 738

Postby anilmr » 22 Jan 2019, 09:48

jackchun wrote:of course ether is cryptocurrency coins that has blockchain service. Though I only believe in bitcoin

Yes bitcoin is the most popular and widely used crypto with highest market cap. But it is highly volatile too. And, after looking at the recent trends, future doesn't appera to be too bright.

--- 22 Jan 2019, 09:52 ---

jackchun wrote:of course ether is cryptocurrency coins that has blockchain service. Though I only believe in bitcoin

Yes bitcoin is the most popular and widely used crypto with highest market cap. But it is highly volatile too. And, after looking at the recent trends, future doesn't appera to be too bright.

anilmr

Postby Happyland » 23 Jan 2019, 03:27

There are a of different coins on the market. Some have more utility than others. Many tokens are on the ethereum platform. I remember when cryptokitties game slowed down the network. It was more than just a game. It proved that more can be done on the technology than just simply sending a payment.

Happyland

ForumCoin: 629

Next

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum