ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Skype problem: can't call or receive calls....How to solve this?

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Jan 2019, 01:49

I recently experience this problem and it put me through hell whenever I am using skype so I decided to share this so people won't experience all the hurdles and conflicts I experienced. Many people had encountered this, They updated their skype and after the update they can't make calls anymore and they can't receive calls anymore. So what causes this conflict?

I am an online English teacher and using Skype on a daily basis is very important to me. It is what brings home the bacon and food to the table for me. Without Skype I won't be able to do my job. I decided to share all I know before someone else fell on the same situation that causes me a lot of time. We known time is money and we do not want to waste it for some glitch that can actually be solved.

Skype have issues with your ISP I still remember my internet connection is fast. It is 8 mbps which is more than good enough to make calls for skype. Despite of that awesome and decent speed I cannot make calls and receive calls. As an online English teacher it is important for me to make sure I can make calls. To solve this, you need to call the hotline of your ISP and make a report on your case. After making a call my conflict with skype was solved in 24 hours. So go ahead and try to find the 24 hour open customer support of your ISP>

Disable or Uninstall your Antivirus-
Yup some anti-virus blocks skype which makes doing calls and receiving calls impossible. Sometimes it can be solved by simple disabling it. If all else fails your only choice is to uninstall it completely. The Antivirus that is known to be friendly with Skype is Windows defender which is most likely already installed with your computer. By trial and error try different brands of Antivirus out there and check which will not mess with your connection.

Uninstall Skype and reinstall it-
The latest update may not be compatible with your operating system. Recently an update made skype incompatible to Windows 7 users because the latest update is compatible for Windows 10. So uninstall skype and install an older version that works for you. I can recommend to avoid updating if you are using Windows 7 instead of 10.

Try the browser version of skype!- If the software version won't work to you. Try using the browser version of skype. The Website: https://preview.web.skype.com/ gives you an access to this browser version which always works to me.

Let a Skype agent remote test your PC- Go to the official website of Skype and contact the chat support where you can meet an agent. Tell your agent the problem and they will give you simple instructions that are easy to follow. They will remote text your pc and try fixing your Skype problem in no time. It is a bit creepy seeing your mouse work alone as another person is fixing it but it solved my problem in few hours.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 343

Re: Skype problem: can't call or receive calls....How to solve this?

Postby katkat » 14 Jan 2019, 07:03

Thank you for this wonderful article. When I logged in in my skype they always tell me to update but I never did. Was actually worried if what is the right thing to do to update or not. But I know that when you update some software or program sometimes it is not working well. So now, as long as it is still working I will not update it.

katkat

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 679

Postby fergus1234 » 17 Jan 2019, 16:04

All Windows 7 users should not update no matter what. Leave that to Windows 10 users. It gave me a lot of headache.

fergus1234

Postby ptrikha21 » 17 Jan 2019, 17:12

Thanks for the information. Sometimes, O/S and Software Upgrades do have some compatibility issues. Often remote support does helps in such cases.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 654

Postby katkat » 18 Jan 2019, 05:20

That's the problem when they are always asking to update. So does it mean that if you have Windows 10 then it is okay to update? Well the truth as long as i can still use the program or apps then I won't bother to update at all.

katkat

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 679

Postby ladyninja » 18 Jan 2019, 07:15

My Skype is working perfectly fine. Used it just yesterday..

ladyninja

ForumCoin: 109

Postby fergus1234 » 18 Jan 2019, 17:05

katkat wrote:That's the problem when they are always asking to update. So does it mean that if you have Windows 10 then it is okay to update? Well the truth as long as i can still use the program or apps then I won't bother to update at all.

Yeah we should be wary about updates if we are using a dated system.

fergus1234

Postby MABEL » Yesterday, 11:41

There are times really skype is like making you crazy. I just do uninstall and reinstall procedure. As of now my skype is working good

MABEL

ForumCoin: 43

Return to Articles & Tutorials