New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

How many tabs do you have open on your desk top or laptop?

Postby sofs » 13 Jan 2019, 11:57

My laptop used to be really fast but these days it is barely pulling itself along. I am simultaneous researching, posting on sites ,writing articles and editing pictures I have so many tabs open all the time. Right now I have 22 tabs open. Do you do this ? Do you face similar problems? I am asking this because I know that most of you do similar kind of work, so how do you handle this?

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,634

Re: How many tabs do you have open on your desk top or laptop?

Postby anil02 » 13 Jan 2019, 12:17

I am also using laptop and it is new one. If I have fast internet speed than I open 5 to 6 tabs.

anil02

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 90

Postby suny » 13 Jan 2019, 12:22

I have no problems whatsoever even if I have 20-30 tabs open at the same time but normally I keep 3-4 tabs open for different reasons. Maybe your laptop will give you lesser problems or run faster if you clear your caches and cookies.

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 355

Postby KyushuKris » 13 Jan 2019, 13:03

About 8 right now, I'm trying to get some cash from cashmining.org right now, plus this one, plus a couple of youtube vids I'm getting ready to watch. Another one is a google search for ways to make money online.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 454

Postby darkthorn » 13 Jan 2019, 19:31

At the moment 10 tabs, I always have a lot of tabs open because I got used to be in a multi tasking enviroment :mrgreen:

darkthorn

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 194

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Jan 2019, 21:35

Right now I have 8 tabs open on 3 Windows on my main computer and one more running autosurf on another computer. That is a minimal amount for me, because on my main computer I often have more Windows and Tabs when I am actually working and not just doing the minimum. It helps that I have a 42 inch screen to spread them out.

Who Thinks Penny A Click Sites Don't Work?
oldbuddy

Referrals: 31
ForumCoin: 2,259

Postby leo1000 » 14 Jan 2019, 00:42

I have four tabs open right now. I usually have like 8 tabs or more open at a time.

leo1000

ForumCoin: 321

Postby Katriona_22 » 14 Jan 2019, 02:32

I'm using a very old laptop in the office and each time I open more than 10 tabs it keeps on hanging, so I limit to open 5-6 tabs only.

Katriona_22

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 532

Postby OldGuy » 14 Jan 2019, 07:48

I almost always have three internet windows open all the time and each usually have anywhere from 3 or 4 tabs to 20 tabs at a time. I usually also have a few other offline programs that I pull up as needed. I'm not sure of the total at any one time, but I have not had any slow down regardless of how many I open.

I regularly run my antivirus scan, delete cookies and downloads, close background programs I do not use and my defrag program is automated. All are run or checked daily. My backup system and windows updates are also updated automatically. It also helps a lot to actually turn the computer off every night so it refreshes at boot-up the next day.

My laptop is now 5 years old and still running fine, but it only runs on battery for about 5 hours now. I find it runs a lot faster by paying attention and getting rid of excess baggage or at least closing programs I am not using.

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy
Community Moderator

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 610

Postby mrki444 » 14 Jan 2019, 09:23

In some moments I have 3 browser open with 5-10 tabs in each.

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 118

Postby kiko70 » 14 Jan 2019, 15:59

1 browser

kiko70
Banned

ForumCoin: 19

Postby darrensurrey » 14 Jan 2019, 17:37

I just closed tabs that I'm not using. I have a 200mb connection and an ok PC but it seems unnecessary as you won't be able to find what you're looking for quickly. I normally have Yahoo Mail, Google Calendar and WhatsApp open all day, though.

In my bookmarks bar, I have a folder/dropdown with a list of my regular websites (about 8).

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 51

Postby sofs » 21 Jan 2019, 11:41

suny wrote:I have no problems whatsoever even if I have 20-30 tabs open at the same time but normally I keep 3-4 tabs open for different reasons. Maybe your laptop will give you lesser problems or run faster if you clear your caches and cookies.
OldGuy wrote:I almost always have three internet windows open all the time and each usually have anywhere from 3 or 4 tabs to 20 tabs at a time. I usually also have a few other offline programs that I pull up as needed. I'm not sure of the total at any one time, but I have not had any slow down regardless of how many I open.
I regularly run my antivirus scan, delete cookies and downloads, close background programs I do not use and my defrag program is automated. All are run or checked daily. My backup system and windows updates are also updated automatically. It also helps a lot to actually turn the computer off every night so it refreshes at boot-up the next day.

My laptop is now 5 years old and still running fine, but it only runs on battery for about 5 hours now. I find it runs a lot faster by paying attention and getting rid of excess baggage or at least closing programs I am not using.

I agree, I need clear cookies and cache. I haven't been doing this regularly these days. I also need to close tabs that I don't use, I keep forgetting to do that. I'll start doing that right away.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,634

Postby jobless dude » 21 Jan 2019, 14:17

I usually keep 30 to 50 tabs and jump another money earning site. On my phone each and every time there would be 50 tabs. I won't do logout.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 81

Next

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology