*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

People are dying because of internet diagnosis

Postby Netherrealmer » 01 Dec 2018, 11:40

Instead of going to an actual doctor to cure whatever ailment they have, People are going to google their whatever they feel and try to cure themselves by their own. People are so afraid of going to the doctor that they trust google more on finding a cure instead of having a check up. Then they will either go for herbal medicines or buy drugs online to cure themselves. They are afraid a check up will lead to a cancer diagnosis or any other deadly disease.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Re: People are dying because of internet diagnosis

Postby ReignRenRen » 01 Dec 2018, 11:55

What you said is right. For people, sometimes they just go straight to asking google about those instead of going to doctors.
I'm also guilty of this. But that's only for mild sickness that i feel.

ReignRenRen

ForumCoin: 457

Postby Netherrealmer » 02 Dec 2018, 11:24

These self diagnosing people didn't know they are harming their self instead of helping. They can misdiagnose themselves because they are not doctors.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby friendociate » 02 Dec 2018, 15:15

fergus1234 wrote:These self diagnosing people didn't know they are harming their self instead of helping. They can misdiagnose themselves because they are not doctors.

Oh! but call someone a "doctor," and they are infallible? NO!

If you wanna hire a physician to closely monitor your health for a couple weeks, you go right ahead; until then, the best judge of your health-condition is you. Maybe most 'doctors' get into the profession "to help people stay healthy," but their 'education' trains them into becoming "drug-distributors" whose main goal is 'to keep you buying & using your prescription-drugs.'

Yes, you should consult your doctor about any illness that doesn't go away quickly enough; but you should make sure your they understand that drugs are meant as medical "crutches" (to use to support your body's systems until they can support themselves again).

Last edited by friendociate on 18 Feb 2023, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
friendociate

ForumCoin: 39

Postby Netherrealmer » 02 Jan 2019, 16:22

friendociate wrote:
fergus1234 wrote:These self diagnosing people didn't know they are harming their self instead of helping. They can misdiagnose themselves because they are not doctors.

Oh! but call someone a "doctor," and they are infallible? NO!

If you wanna hire a physician to closely monitor your health for a couple weeks, you go right ahead; until then, the best judge of your health-condition is you. Maybe most 'doctors' get into the profession "to help people stay healthy," but their 'education' trains them into becoming "drug-distributors" whose main goal is 'to keep you buying & using your prescription-drugs.'

Yes, you should consult your doctor about any illness that doesn't go away quickly enough; but you should make sure your they understand that drugs are meant as medical "crutches" (to use to support your body's systems until they can support themselves again).

Sometimes diseases are silent killers and no self diagnosis can cure that. Also how sure are you are taking the right medicine from a diagnosis from google.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby msmoneybags » 02 Jan 2019, 16:58

In some countries insurance is very expensive, so they dont always have the income to go to a doctor, so they try to help themselves with the internet. Just for an office call, without seeing the doctor yet sometimes is $150.00

msmoneybags

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 265

Postby darkthorn » 02 Jan 2019, 19:24

People are dying because we all have to die, it is our soul who decides when this experience ends. Besides our society is programming us everyday to do poor choises when we decide what to eat, junk food, lack of time to have a proper meal, stress and so many other things are killing us. Doctors, well in most cases they destroy more our health than we think, many drugs are prescribed based on the profit the doctor will have if he prescribes this or that drug. Health as everything in life has become a business.

darkthorn

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 342

Postby mrki444 » 04 Jan 2019, 08:13

People became obsessive with Internet and also reading some stuff about diagnosis people think they now more than doctors. People will start having more and more problems with other people.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 533

Postby Netherrealmer » 04 Jan 2019, 09:46

Harms internet diagnosis can do:

1.People end up taking the wrong medicine
2.People believing some fake holistic health tip from Gwyneth Paltrow's website.
3.People taking the wrong diet for their condition
4.People with no sickness ends up taking medicines

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby sofs » 06 Jan 2019, 11:54

What was happening offline over the counter medication and diagnosis with pharmacists has now moved online. This is nothing new really. I guess over the counter medication and quacks have killed more illiterate people in the third world countries, now it is catching you with educated people online. Its a sorry state of affairs but does anyone care? My friend in Canada was suffering from terrible toothache and was asked to come after a week as there were no slots for the dental appointment. What can people do in such situation?

sofs

ForumCoin: 259

Postby talkerbee » 06 Jan 2019, 13:43

Reading is not enough for me to find an answer related to health. We need personal talk from trusted persons. Most of my friends are very fan of what they read on the net. They are 100% sure on Google result. I don't know how to tell them that reading is not enough we need comprehension. We need to find first the eligibility of the sources.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 34

Postby kiko70 » 14 Jan 2019, 15:59

sure a lot of people

kiko70
Banned

ForumCoin: 19

Postby iamdahmmy » 14 Jan 2019, 19:09

Its just sad...getting information from google is not a bad thing..but depending on that information without seeing an actual doctor is just dangerous..

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 401

Postby darkthorn » 14 Jan 2019, 20:05

iamdahmmy wrote:Its just sad...getting information from google is not a bad thing..but depending on that information without seeing an actual doctor is just dangerous..

Well I do not know about doctors in your country but in mine most doctors do not care about patients, many people die at the hospital and many people need to pay private doctors because the family doctors do not care. I had so many bad experiences with doctors that I only visit them when it is extremely necessary.

darkthorn

ForumCoin: 342

Postby KyushuKris » 15 Jan 2019, 04:55

I'm in agreement with darkthorn- to be honest, as a person that teaches many physicians English, I can say that they aren't all that concerned over the patients welfare. Most of them became doctors in order to be rich and have status. I'm not saying they're bad people, but they certainly don't go out of their way to save lives. Also they're terrified of taking risks due to the liability factor, and so even when they have an inkling about how to cure someone of a condition they are unlikely to go out of their way to fix it, in case of mistakes.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 484

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology