ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

I'm a part time English teacher AMA

Postby bujingkujing » 18 Sep 2018, 11:14

I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education major in English and currently resting after finishing my academic term in Applied Linguistics (will probably do my thesis next year). I really liked the English language not because I am good at it (I'm okay :D ) nor did i think my national language is inferior to it (NOPE!). I took English because I know a lot of literature is translated into English and I love reading.
I am doing only part time teaching because I want to give more time to my master's degree. Also, I love the feeling of being able to teach someone and see the twinkle in their eyes when they learn something. Also, teaching helps me remember things that I learned and even helped me understand grammar better.

bujingkujing

ForumCoin: 218

Re: I'm a part time English teacher AMA

Postby fergus1234 » 22 Sep 2018, 06:17

Have you tried teaching English online? It is a decent paying job you can do with your own schedule.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 302

Postby Jaydon.thomas » 25 Oct 2018, 19:47

That's nice, English is also my best subject when I was in school, I never failed English even tho I didn't read. but the only part I hate in English us the nasal sound, it's very confusing

Jaydon.thomas

ForumCoin: 30

Postby arunima » 12 Nov 2018, 07:36

It is good to have a sound knowledge of English. It opens so many avenues for us as it is an International language and is accepted globally. And I totally agree with you on the point of reading so much in English literature.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 745

Postby nakitakona » 06 Dec 2018, 12:40

English teacher? This sounds a good resource to ask about the second language but it seems it is neglected here. The creator of this thread is no longer active, I presume only. What's up?

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 721

Postby Fergal » Yesterday, 07:32

Thanks for posting your AMA bujingkujing. Who are your favorite authors of classic literature?

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 16,375

Postby ptrikha21 » Yesterday, 10:03

bujingkujing wrote:I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education major in English and currently resting after finishing my academic term in Applied Linguistics (will probably do my thesis next year). I really liked the English language not because I am good at it (I'm okay :D ) nor did i think my national language is inferior to it (NOPE!). I took English because I know a lot of literature is translated into English and I love reading. .....................

So would you try to teach in a College or University or in a school once all your courses get completed?

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 314

Postby arunima » Yesterday, 10:06

English was my favorite subject in school and I was in love with my English teacher.
So what are your plans after you complete your studies.??

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 745

Return to AMAs & Interviews