New: New Contest for August 1 to August 31, 2019 / Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Some forum owners intentionally keeps one troll for a reason

Postby KyushuKris » 10 Feb 2019, 11:40

Oh crap just say the word and I'll troll the hell out of this forum. I actually do troll quite a lot in other forums for fun, but not in this one because you guys seem kind of pure and just looking to make some $$$

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 470

Postby Rational Mind » 12 Feb 2019, 22:43

If you own a discussion board or a forum, sometimes you need a troll to make other members active in the discussion. Troll will go on picking debate with a lot of users which will make the site active.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby augusta » 13 Feb 2019, 01:12

Nothing is so bad if it will be done with decorum because I hate outright annoying character. If one is trolling in a positive way then there's no problems with that but whereby one is just been excessively annoying then fight is imminent.

augusta

ForumCoin: 320

Postby sofs » 13 Feb 2019, 03:52

Rational Mind wrote:If you own a discussion board or a forum, sometimes you need a troll to make other members active in the discussion. Troll will go on picking debate with a lot of users which will make the site active.

Picking a debate is fine, but picking on people is very annoying. I love a good discussion, not an annoying troll who just want to make someone miserable.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,883

Postby augusta » 13 Feb 2019, 04:21

@sofs I can really relate because there is one on Mylot it seem to be a troll but he or she does it in a very annoying way that one might be tempted to give him or her a punch on the nose. Troll but do a good job of it simple.

augusta

ForumCoin: 320

Postby MysticMoons » 13 Feb 2019, 04:22

KyushuKris wrote:Oh crap just say the word and I'll troll the hell out of this forum. I actually do troll quite a lot in other forums for fun, but not in this one because you guys seem kind of pure and just looking to make some $$$

I also enjoy trolling sites quite a bit. It just makes me laugh how angry people get.
I heard there are some gigs where you can even get paid to troll online.

Learn how to get paid to play video games from home! Paid via paypal watch video video below
https://bittubers.com/post/e3ac5133-c4ee-4275-910a-7d5615e3b1cb
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 511

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Feb 2019, 08:32

KyushuKris wrote:Oh crap just say the word and I'll troll the hell out of this forum. I actually do troll quite a lot in other forums for fun, but not in this one because you guys seem kind of pure and just looking to make some $$$

Beauty Pageant forums, Pay people to Troll Venezuelans,Colombians and Filipinos because those countries take Beauty pageants like religion just like how Americans worship American Football. :lol: They will defend their candidates to death.

Soccer forums are also like that, they will defend their teams to death.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,111

Postby verity » 14 Feb 2019, 08:39

I know what your talking about and that person in your blind item ,seems like that troll is in mylot and at the same time hes also a member here in forumcoin :lol: :lol:

verity

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 388

Postby sofs » 14 Feb 2019, 09:40

augusta wrote:@sofs I can really relate because there is one on Mylot it seem to be a troll but he or she does it in a very annoying way that one might be tempted to give him or her a punch on the nose. Troll but do a good job of it simple.

LOL That was so funny. I really like the way you put it. Yes, sometimes it does make you feel that way. But I guess the forum owners have a thing going with these creeps. I would hate to be a forum owner if I had to have one of those trolls to help me.

sofs

Postby fergus1234 » 19 Feb 2019, 11:13

That is sadly the best way to keep a forum active. If you banned all trolls the place will become a ghost town.

fergus1234

Postby ladyninja » 19 Feb 2019, 12:08

I do not agree that trolls are needed to keep a forum active. Interesting topics and intelligent committed posters are what determines the success of a forum. There was a very annoying poster on here a little while back called Little Marge. That poster got on my last nerves with her outrageous silly posts. I reported her posts and marked her negative alongside with a bunch of others until she was banned. Not nice at all.. :thumbdown: :!:

ladyninja

ForumCoin: 156

Postby sofs » 20 Feb 2019, 05:58

It's really sad that forums have to depend on bullies. Their rules often state that you should be polite and such on the forums. It's kind of double sided if they have to employ someone to keep it going. They probably don't have enough material or posts to keep their forums earning.

sofs

Postby fergus1234 » 21 Feb 2019, 14:43

ladyninja wrote:I do not agree that trolls are needed to keep a forum active. Interesting topics and intelligent committed posters are what determines the success of a forum. There was a very annoying poster on here a little while back called Little Marge. That poster got on my last nerves with her outrageous silly posts. I reported her posts and marked her negative alongside with a bunch of others until she was banned. Not nice at all.. :thumbdown: :!:

Paid forums they are not needed because money keeps members posting but that is not the case on non paying forums.

fergus1234

Postby iamdahmmy » 24 Feb 2019, 16:04

What does a forumn owner stand to gain by putting a troll on his forum..it makes no sense

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 398

Postby fergus1234 » 26 Feb 2019, 14:09

iamdahmmy wrote:What does a forumn owner stand to gain by putting a troll on his forum..it makes no sense

When people fight, it gives them back and forth discussions which advertisers desire as they see this as a sign that the forum is alive. Mylot a paying forum even encourages debates for the same reason.

fergus1234

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News