ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

This Beautiful Actress is the reason why we have Wifi now!

Postby fergus1234 » 12 Aug 2018, 12:36

Wifi is a technology that changed our lives forever. Now we can access the internet without the need of wires and cables. With portable devices like smartphones, Laptops, tablets, smartwatches and smart glasses gives as an access to the whole world right on the palm of our hands. We can use it to communicate with people around the world, do some of our daily chores and even enjoy entertainment like streaming and gaming.

This beauty is Hedy Lamarr, She is one of the most talented Hollywood actresses in the 1940's. She is gorgeous, beautiful and seductive. I decided to watch some of her movies to see her talent and beauty. She is really stunning and her acting is impressive.

Before she became an Actress , she was a phone operator. A movie producer discovered her and the rest is history.

This elegant Austrian lady is more than a pretty face. Aside from being an Actress she is also a movie producer, Philanthropist and a Scientist.

She is the reason why we enjoy wifi and the internet! During her freetime, Hedy follows her passion in science! She have a lot of inventions under her belt like an improved Stop light and a tablet that turns water into soft drinks. Her most important invention though is the Frequency-hopping spread spectrum. That invention leads to the creation of wifi. Her invention is originally for national security and military use. Now everyone around the world are reliant on the invention she created. Her invention is actually a collaboration between her and George Antheil. Her inventions are not yet revealed to us because it still for military purposes.

Her career is acting but her passion and hobby is science and tinkering. She basically break the stereotype that actresses are dumb.

As a tribute to this beauty, I decided to watch some of her movies and documentary about her on Netflix because we won't be enjoying watching movies with our phones and tablets without her passion in Science. She is actually not a University graduate scientist, Everything she did is self study. She use to hide her passion in science from the public and her being an inventor only got revealed when she received awards about it. Whenever she was bored at her home she is trying to invent things and study science.

Imagine if she didn't decide to pursue acting in America and decided to stay in Austria instead. Imagine if was not discovered. We won't have wifi if it didn't happen. Her acting career actually funded her passion in science and technology. If she didn't become an actress, We won't have wifi. We might be still using wired landline telephones until now and internet might be still dial up.

She might have other inventions that we enjoy today but not yet revealed because most people remember her more as an actress than a self studied inventor. Thanks to this remarkable woman because we have Wifi now because of her.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 324

Re: This Beautiful Actress is the reason why we have Wifi now!

Postby cmoneyspinner » 15 Aug 2018, 03:03

I recently became familiar with this story about Hedy Lamar and her scientific contributions. I loved to watch her in the movies when I was a kid. She was very beautiful and talented. Many people don't get full credit for the creature comforts we enjoy today. She is on a long list with many others; especially many other women. :)

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 52

Postby fergus1234 » 17 Aug 2018, 12:21

I decided to write this article because there is going to be an upcoming movie about her. The movie will focus more about her being a scientist than an actress.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 324

Postby cmoneyspinner » 17 Aug 2018, 20:40

I did not know that. I'll be on the look out for the movie. The stars from back in the day have interesting stories. Many worked quietly behind the scenes accomplishing great things.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 52

Return to Articles & Tutorials