ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Explaining the Youtube Adpocalypse

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Jul 2018, 11:22

Many people are asking why is it harder to earn on Youtube now. Well this small discussion is going to explain everything and who are the devils to blame. You know what is sad the people who caused this are not really punished and are still making money. So other people got punished from their actions.

Popular Youtuber Pewdiepie decided to make a video of him having fun with Fiverr. He is making people do things for a small 5 dollars. On Fiverr there are these Indian guys who dance in Tarzan costumes holding a sign while they dance and laugh weirdly. You can pay them money to write any message on those signs.

Pewdiepie decided to make those guys write "Death to all Jews" on their signs as a Joke.

That caused a media frenzy with Wallstreet Journal accusing him of being racist. Things got worst when while he was streaming Twitch and while playing a game he said the N word.

Then Wallstreet Journal made some article about how Youtube channels of Jihadist and White supremacists are getting ads.

That caused many sponsors to pull out from Youtube.

Then there is the Paul Brothers. Logan Paul and Jake Paul, these brothers are originally Vine stars but when Vine closed down they transferred to Youtube. They have a huge fanbase from teenage girls who thinks their cute and they love their bad boy persona.

Jake Paul the younger brother made became nuisance to his neighbors because of the stunts he made to his peaceful suburb neighborhood.

The Older Paul Brother, Logan Paul on the other hand made a controversial blog on Japan. he visited Japan's suicide forest, he saw a corpse of a suicide victim and made fun of it.

The uproar these jerks did made Youtube more strict with videos and many Youtubers who did nothing wrong got punished. The sad thing is these jerks are still making money.
----------------

The 2nd wave of the Adpocalypse is Elsagate.

What is Elsagate? Well There are these animators and cosplayers who uses fictional characters from Disney,Marvel and DC do inappropriate things and children are able to watch them. Parents are making their tablets baby sit their children and children are ending up seeing videos like Elsa and Spider man are married, Elsa got pregnant and she gets abortion while spiderman loses a leg. There is also those fake cartoon episodes like a fake Peppa pig episode where she is brutally murdered.

I think I will make a discussion about Elsagate later.

--------------
The victims of demonetization are smaller Youtube channels. Remember the Youtube shooters? She use to make money out of Youtube but the demonetization got her crazy she attacked the Youtube headquarters.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 203

Re: Explaining the Youtube Adpocalypse

Postby dominique » 14 Jul 2018, 23:49

I don't use youtube to make money even though I have this desire. I have never followed the people you have mentioned, however, I am aware about these incidents. I think if you have interesting videos, you can still earn from youtube.

dominique

ForumCoin: 429

Postby fergus1234 » 15 Jul 2018, 08:18

We can still earn but it is harder now thanks to these jerks. Before these jerks did their stupid action, a person with just 100 subscribers can make money from Youtube. It is sad smaller Youtubers are punished but the jerks who caused it are still make money because their dumb fans buy their merch. Many of my favorite Youtubers curses and now they have to censor their selves to be family friendly. Those who refuses to be family friendly relies of Patreon donations.

fergus1234

Postby Chameli » 17 Jul 2018, 01:07

That's true. The mistakes committed by the people who were making a lot of money made the small YouTubers difficult for making money.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 167

Postby fergus1234 » 19 Jul 2018, 11:04

I wish The Logan brothers and Pewdiepie got punished for the controversies they did because they killed the livelihoods of many Youtubers. The Youtube shooter is a victim of demonetization. Someone became murderous because she lost her source of income.

fergus1234

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News