ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Are the Generation Z in your family aware of older technology?

Postby fergus1234 » 13 Jul 2018, 08:34

I know many people are complaining about the Millennial generation but I think they will complain more because of the Generation Z. They are the people who are born after the Millennials.

The Generation Z are people born from 1995 onwards. At this moment of Gen Z's are teenagers and children. Are they going to be worst than millennials?

Well Millennials at least have interest with the things Gen X and Baby Boomers have. Some Millennials at least watched a Black and white movie once in their lives and knows who the Beatles, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn is. The generation Z.... Well they will refuse to watch a movie from the 90's and think it's super old. They think they are not capable of watching something that is not HD. They will also refuse to play some old video games. They don't know what they are missing.

Are the Generetion Z's in your family able to recognize older technologies? These ones are embarrassing.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 524

Re: Are the Generation Z in your family aware of older technology?

Postby morgoodie » 13 Jul 2018, 22:42

I watched a video of a grandmother trying to get her granddaughter to use a rotary dial phone. It was hilarious. My children do know what some of the older tech is. My son has played old school video games. I took him to the local museum when they had a special exhibit for video games. They had the very first arcade games and had all the first consoles. It was great. He enjoyed them very much.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 344

Postby blair » 14 Jul 2018, 01:25

Why were they called generation Z? Is that following the naming convention from Gen X, Y then Z? How come the millennials have a different name? Yeah we have this new generation in our family and we make sure that they are always aware of what life has been even before they were born. I usually tell them stories and they fondly listen. That is how they can appreciate the past and will not resist. It is a matter of spending time with them and guiding them. We were surprised to know that some of them are beginning to prefer the music we once had. Just like us the first kind of music we learned to listen is our parent's or uncle's music right?

blair

ForumCoin: 504

Postby Margareth1993 » 14 Jul 2018, 03:06

I don't think so they are still aware, They are not interested to anything something old just like in the cartoons we used to watch before like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab they don't have much interest to have any idea what kind of cartoons we had before they think of it like corny, etc.... I also tried to show what is Brick Game and I doesn't see them any kind of interest to know what was that. Even in attitude sometimes I kinda upset what attitude Millennial's are, just like in sample riding in vehicle passenger they are so loud and talk like no tomorrow, usually also don't have built-in common sense or Manners. So if the Millennial's have this kind of attitude maybe the next gen would be worsen. I am not saying it all I just say what I observe.

Margareth1993

ForumCoin: 204

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Jul 2018, 10:47

blair wrote: the naming convention from Gen X, Y then Z? How come the millennials have a different name? Yeah we have this new generation in our
Millennials are originally called Generation Y. Some viral article is the reason why people born from 1981 to 1996 are called Millennials.

The Generation Z are starting to be called Selfie generation.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 524

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology