ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

I just realized we don't have members from China

Postby fergus1234 » 11 Jul 2018, 07:02

Is the Forumcoin banned in China, vice versa?

I noticed other online earning sites have big population of Chinese members. But I haven't seen someone here from China. Well there is a person of Chinese descent but that person is not a Chinese citizen I think. I am asking this because I have a friend who is a factory worker in China and I am considering inviting that person here at the forumcoin.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 203

Re: I just realized we don't have members from China

Postby OldGuy » 11 Jul 2018, 07:42

Chances are very high that this site is among the thousands that are blocked in China. There are many sites that explain the Chinese government control of the Internet within their own country.

A quote from one article explains
Since May 2015, Chinese Wikipedia has been blocked in mainland China.[10][11][12][13] This was done after Wikipedia started to use HTTPS encryption which made selective censorship impossible or more difficult.

Since ForumCoin also uses this encryption, it is likely banned in China.

The article I read the above quote from is on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_ ... p_in_China

OldGuy
Community Moderator

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 678

Postby RianK » 11 Jul 2018, 09:16

now that you mention it - even though I haven't been here for a long time - I don't actually remember seening any Chinese, or Chinese sounding names.

RianK

ForumCoin: 174

Postby fergus1234 » 11 Jul 2018, 12:21

The money from Forum coin would have cost a lot in China. At least they still have Mylot. Seriously some of the sites China Block makes no sense. They just block it so they can make their own version of it.

fergus1234

Postby cmoneyspinner » 11 Jul 2018, 16:13

Is @jackchun not from China???

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 352

Postby arunima » 11 Jul 2018, 16:17

I never gave it a thought. But now I realize that I have not come across one so far. I doubt seeing anyone on MyLot too. Maybe I have not interacted with any one so far. :think:

arunima

ForumCoin: 86

Postby fergus1234 » 11 Jul 2018, 16:44

Mylot actually have lots of Chinese members. Mylot is not banned in China.

fergus1234

Postby skysnap » 11 Jul 2018, 16:48

The issue is chinese members usually less interact outside their own sphere of internet. Very few venture out on other forums. I am into MMO forums since 2017. I only came across 12 to 15 over the period of years and mind you i am very active on such forums. lol.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,371

Postby arunima » 11 Jul 2018, 16:50

fergus1234 wrote:Mylot actually have lots of Chinese members. Mylot is not banned in China.

I might have not come across one so far or interacted with them,not to my notice.

arunima

ForumCoin: 86

Postby anorona » 11 Jul 2018, 18:09

cmoneyspinner wrote:Is @jackchun not from China???

from what I remember, he is from the Philippines, that is why he can access the site.

anorona

ForumCoin: 870

Postby CyberFreak » 13 Jul 2018, 06:16

I don't think we are blocked in China or restricted in anyway. I have seen occasional registrations from China but not many stay active. I don't really know why. Maybe it is just due to how/where users advertise us or they find the site hard to understand.

cmoneyspinner wrote:Is @jackchun not from China???
He is from Hong Kong as he publicly mentioned in a few of his posts like here -
viewtopic.php?p=371653#p371653
viewtopic.php?p=381957#p381957

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 17
ForumCoin: 64,497

Postby cmoneyspinner » 13 Jul 2018, 18:20

CyberFreak wrote:He is from Hong Kong as he publicly mentioned in a few of his posts like here -

Isn't Hong Kong China's turf now? (I heard it in a James Bond movie.) That means he's from China. Right? I wish @jackchun would answer. I feel like we're talking all around a person who can speak for themselves. :lol: :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Postby suny » 13 Jul 2018, 21:21

I think Chinese do not prefer interacting in such forums but if you look at Mylot, I can see a number of Chinese members but they have a different different kind of interest while participating in discussions.

suny

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 101

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Jul 2018, 12:37

cmoneyspinner wrote:
CyberFreak wrote:He is from Hong Kong as he publicly mentioned in a few of his posts like here -

Isn't Hong Kong China's turf now? (I heard it in a James Bond movie.) That means he's from China. Right? I wish @jackchun would answer. I feel like we're talking all around a person who can speak for themselves. :lol: :lol:

Hong Kong is still it's own entity. They have their own soccer team. There is a Miss Hong Kong that competes in international Beauty pageants and Youtube is not banned there.

fergus1234

Postby cmoneyspinner » 16 Jul 2018, 20:07

fergus1234 wrote:Hong Kong is still it's own entity. They have their own soccer team. There is a Miss Hong Kong that competes in international Beauty pageants and Youtube is not banned there.

Not trying to act like all I'm smarter than you. It's not like that.
BUT! ... The James Bond movie was spot on!

Hong Kong is China's turf. But the British had their back and took care of their future. :lol:

"Is Hong Kong Part of China Today?

Yes! Hong Kong is still a special administrative region of the PRC. But under that “One Country, Two Systems” principle, Hong Kong retains a great deal of autonomy. "

* Quote Source: https://www.sporcle.com/blog/2018/04/hong-kong-explained-is-hong-kong-part-of-china/

By the way I actually came back to this thread to share a link to one of our popular discussions here at Forum Coin:

Where are you from? Where do you live?

It's a pretty cool discussion because some people don't live where they came from.

I searched it and found only 1 match for China and that person wasn't from China.

I just saw a report on Al Jazeera English which made me wonder if there is anybody here from Trinidad. Found zero matches in that discussion. But maybe they are here. They just didn't answer the question.

:thumbup: <3

cmoneyspinner

Next

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions