ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: How does Pinterest work ??

Postby Kei » 14 Jul 2018, 07:02

ayoubmarka wrote:I have already read a little bit about Pinterest but till now i didn't ge it ,Is there any fees to join Pinterest ?? is it free ?? i wanna know the costs associated because i decided to use scheduling tools and other software to help me grow my account.

It is totally free. What's more, you can always get contents there, use it to drive traffic to your site as well. I think it is great.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 753

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Jul 2018, 10:49

Pinterest is more about making tutorials than advertising a business. Twitter is more useful for advertising than Pinterest.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 651

Postby dominique » 14 Jul 2018, 23:50

fergus1234 wrote:Pinterest is more about making tutorials than advertising a business. Twitter is more useful for advertising than Pinterest.

Which platform is better for advertising depends on the number of followers you have (if you are doing free advertising). I think Pinterest works for the content that are targeted towards women.

dominique

ForumCoin: 233

Postby Chameli » 14 Aug 2018, 14:15

I have a ;pinterest account for my website. I hace even pinned a couple of posts, however, I am not using pinterest in a wat that I am using facebook. I check and post on facebook page every day, however, I do not even check pintetest acclount once in a week.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 80

Postby dominique » 14 Aug 2018, 23:55

Creating a pinterest bords and pinning content alone cannot benefit you, you also need followers. When you have followers your pins will appear on his feed. This wil increase visibility of your pin and hence you will gain exposure.

--- 14 Aug 2018, 23:58 ---

Creating a pinterest bords and pinning content alone cannot benefit you, you also need followers. When you have followers your pins will appear on his feed. This wil increase visibility of your pin and hence you will gain exposure.

dominique

ForumCoin: 233

Postby cmoneyspinner » 15 Aug 2018, 00:51

I've been using Pinterest almost from the beginning.
First affiliate links were not allowed. Then they were.
You were told not to use hashtags. It was pointless. Then Pinterest said it was OK.

(Huge sigh.)

I went through the growing pains with Pinterest. In fact, Pinterest invited to convert my personal account to a business account, free of charge.

So! Where am I now?

I have over 50 pinboards, including group boards and my account is personal/business. I started out using it to promote my websites and blogs and for personal use. I try to include hashtags in my pin descriptions because supposedly it helps people find your pins. I share affiliate links now since they are allowed.

I have noticed that I am earning commissions from sales of affiliate products. But I can't give Pinterest full credit. Not sure if I can give Pinterest any credit. WHY? Because at the same time I started trying to use Pinterest for affiliate marketing, I also started using Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Tumblr and just recently, I started using Instagram, to try to make money. Since I've never done the traffic analysis, I don't know where the sales are coming from. I'm just happy to finally see money going into my account!! :lol:

According to my statistics, my pinboards receive 192k monthly viewers. I'm sort of proud of that statistic. It only took me about 5 years. But my activity on Pinterest has slowed down because Twitter and Instagram are keeping me busy.

Anyway! Sorry for rambling. The question "How does Pinterest work?" It's kind of like a bunch of bulletin boards where you keeping pinning stuff that are your "interests" (hence Pinterest), only your "stuff" is organized much better. I got everything from food boards TO sexy lingerie TO legend and myths TO movies, music and books TO home decor TO Bollywood and Korean drama and MORE!

WHY? Because Pinterest is addictive! :crazy:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 313

Postby nakitakona » 15 Aug 2018, 12:24

I have been using Pinterest as one of my social media in sharing my blogs update especially the images used in my blogs. But later, I have learned that PI is considered as a "catalogue of ideas" that inspires users to "go out and do that thing", rather than as an image-based social network, according to Wikipedia.

nakitakona

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 175

Postby Chameli » 23 Aug 2018, 15:11

I have been using Pinterest for the past few months, I get traffic from pinterest.

Chameli

Postby johnywalker » 01 Sep 2018, 13:53

I have not used Pinterest. However, I understand the power of Pinterest in driving traffic to your online contents and generating sales.

johnywalker

ForumCoin: -1

Postby Chameli » 08 Sep 2018, 08:40

fergus1234 wrote:Pinterest is more about making tutorials than advertising a business. Twitter is more useful for advertising than Pinterest.

I think Pinterest works better with crafts and designs because there are more women than men on Pinterest

Chameli

Postby cinderella » 08 Sep 2018, 10:07

Most of my Bitlanders blog posts cover graphics were designed for Pinterest sharing. Vertical images with size 735 x 1102 px are best for Pinterest sharing. Being a blogger, Pinterest is best for sharing contents to generate more traffic for the site.

cinderella

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 923

Postby a_jerobon » 09 Sep 2018, 03:02

I joined pintrest last year and it was free to join. However, I have never learnt how it works.

a_jerobon

ForumCoin: 93

Postby Jeanette2091 » 09 Sep 2018, 08:56

I really don't like this site because they are spamming my mailbox every day even when I'm not on the site anymore.

Jeanette2091

ForumCoin: 402

Postby johnywalker » 10 Sep 2018, 09:52

cinderella wrote:Most of my Bitlanders blog posts cover graphics were designed for Pinterest sharing. Vertical images with size 735 x 1102 px are best for Pinterest sharing. Being a blogger, Pinterest is best for sharing contents to generate more traffic for the site.

Pinterest is a content discovery platform. You can find great contents on pinterest. You can also share on your contents on Pinterest and gain visibility for your posts. Pinterest uses images, therefore, you must use good images.

johnywalker

ForumCoin: -1

Previous

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News