ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Negative rating for a newbie? how cruel...

Postby rievilla » 17 May 2018, 03:39

This is my 2nd day in this site. And i am not sure if i will still be staying. I can't imagine how a moderator can give me a negative rating for a confusion about my post. I believe that a moderator should be the one guiding us and not putting us down. I am not here for the money alone that i might earn. I am here because aside from the earning i can get different views from different topics... I know the admin or the owner of the site doesn't care at all for a one member that will be gone because people here come and go and one will not be a deduction. But i am voicing out what happened to me. I hope you guys never forget we are all humans, and there was a time in your lives that you become a newbie. Be considerate. Thank you, And thank you Sam of New Zealand/ global moderator.

rievilla

ForumCoin: 2

Re: Negative rating for a newbie? how cruel...

Postby oldbuddy » 17 May 2018, 03:49

rievilla wrote:This is my 2nd day in this site. And i am not sure if i will still be staying. I can't imagine how a moderator can give me a negative rating for a confusion about my post. I believe that a moderator should be the one guiding us and not putting us down. I am not here for the money alone that i might earn. I am here because aside from the earning i can get different views from different topics... I know the admin or the owner of the site doesn't care at all for a one member that will be gone because people here come and go and one will not be a deduction. But i am voicing out what happened to me. I hope you guys never forget we are all humans, and there was a time in your lives that you become a newbie. Be considerate. Thank you, And thank you Sam of New Zealand/ global moderator.

Any member who reads your post can give you a negative rating, so I wouldn't blame it on a moderator. It may just be some jerk and most of us won't pay attention to it, so you should reconsider and stick around.

Are you ready to learn more about Internet Marketing?
I have a new YouTube Channel to share tutorial videos for free.
Click Here to pay it a visit.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 25
ForumCoin: 793

Postby rievilla » 17 May 2018, 03:58

Well thanks so much for taking the time to reply on this. But i guess if somebody gives me a negative rating it will be okay if they are my co-members but for a moderator who supposed to be guiding each one here new or old member then it matters. I do appreciate you sir. Blessings for you. Have a good day.

rievilla

Postby Sam » 17 May 2018, 04:41

Hi @rievilla,

Negative reputation points are nothing to be too concerned about. Everyone receives them eventually but I can fully understand that, if this is your second day, receiving one would be disheartening. Check out the FAQ: faq.php#reputation.

I usually give out negative reputation point(s) with a friendly posting reminders but on some occasions I simply let the reputation point speak for itself. That is my mistake and I should be careful to send out a PM to a member if it is the first negative reputation point being received.

I shall PM you directly regarding the reputation point but you are welcome to post the response in this thread.

If you or any other members have a query about a negative reputation point, a friendly reminder or an official warning you are welcome to PM myself or another member of staff: @CyberFreak - @Fergal - @Allius.

Sam

Sam
Community Moderator

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 2,957

Postby suny » 17 May 2018, 06:42

@rievilla I think you should take it with a positive mindset. Some acts which you consider negative prove a blessing in disguise and help you in the end. I remember a negative reputation point on one of my posts in the very beginning (incidentally my only negative reputation point) always helped me and made me think twice before posting anything on any thread.

suny

Referrals: 59
ForumCoin: 1,404

Postby rievilla » 17 May 2018, 07:29

suny wrote:@rievilla I think you should take it with a positive mindset. Some acts which you consider negative prove a blessing in disguise and help you in the end. I remember a negative reputation point on one of my posts in the very beginning (incidentally my only negative reputation point) always helped me and made me think twice before posting anything on any thread.

No problem. I am disappointed and frustrated i can't stay longer. This is not a good vibes for me. I am just waiting that i can transfer whatever i have accumulated and transfer to someone. Money is not that important. Happiness is. Thank you for your reply.

rievilla

Postby Silvermist » 17 May 2018, 07:37

@rievilla wrote '' No problem. I am disappointed and frustrated i can't stay longer. This is not a good vibes for me. I am just waiting that i can transfer whatever i have accumulated and transfer to someone. Money is not that important. Happiness is. Thank you for your reply.''

I wish you would reconsider your decision and stay with us. I understand that you are feeling disheartened.Think it over and make a decision.

Silvermist

ForumCoin: 889

Postby cinderella » 17 May 2018, 07:53

I understand how you feel. Sometimes, we can encounter negative instances that might cause us to lose enthusiasm on the thing that we are into. But I would like you to consider it as a challenge. Prove yourself unworthy of that negative rating. Continue writing high-quality posts.

cinderella

ForumCoin: 212

Postby sprite1950 » 17 May 2018, 08:30

Sam, the moderator who gave you the negative rep has responded to you by pm and I hope he can put your mind at ease because it would be a shame for you to leave so soon after you got here.

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 1,355

Postby bestwriter » 17 May 2018, 09:48

For a newbie it's certainly hurting.

Here is a golden opportunity to showcase your writing prowess that guarantees good earnings. Good Luck with your efforts
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

https://www.iwriter.com/affiliate/16244
bestwriter

ForumCoin: 140

Postby rievilla » 17 May 2018, 12:05

sprite1950 wrote:Sam, the moderator who gave you the negative rep has responded to you by pm and I hope he can put your mind at ease because it would be a shame for you to leave so soon after you got here.

I tried to be polite in expressing what I felt in what I have experienced on this site but if this is how you will respond then this is my reply...Shame on you too who seems to be matured and experts and yet would use such a word... And yes shame on me if I still go on. Goodbye

rievilla

Postby thisnthat » 17 May 2018, 14:21

I think you misunderstood sprite1950's post. To me it just sounded like she would be sad to see you go (not trying to "shame" you). Some people say it's a shame, just like saying it's a sad thing.

Since you seem determined to leave though, I'll just wish you well.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 301

Postby sprite1950 » 17 May 2018, 16:24

sprite1950 wrote:Sam, the moderator who gave you the negative rep has responded to you by pm and I hope he can put your mind at ease because it would be a shame for you to leave so soon after you got here.
rievilla wrote:

I tried to be polite in expressing what I felt in what I have experienced on this site but if this is how you will respond then this is my reply...Shame on you too who seems to be matured and experts and yet would use such a word... And yes shame on me if I still go on. Goodbye

I'm not quite sure what you think I meant but I was trying to make you feel better not shame you. When I said it would be a shame for you to leave I meant it would be sad if you left so soon.

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 1,355

Postby cmoneyspinner » 17 May 2018, 18:53

Hi @rievilla! I don't know if you're still here and will be reading this but if you decided to stay Welcome!

I have read the comments of the other members. They're right. Negative rep points? It's no biggie! Not unless you get them all the time. But ... word up! If you get them all the time you'll probably get banned. You didn't get banned. The moderator has already advised and explained and apologized.

If you still want to go, just know this: Nobody is asking you to leave. We're all asking you to stay.

It's your decision. <3

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 151

Postby CyberFreak » 18 May 2018, 00:24

Hi @rievilla

As other users have mentioned, the reputation system is only there as a guide towards the general contribution of a user. Typically there is a lot more positive reputation given out than negative reputation. Reputation is given out at the user discretion based on their opinion and their interpretation of if the post is good or not and that is why all users here will get some negative points from time to time... myself and Fergal included. That is why you shouldn’t take you reputation or the reputation score if others too seriously. I understand your annoyance and it is up to you how seriously you take it and if you want to leave regarding it but at the end of the day, it is just a guide and a rating that can help motivate users to improve and continue making worthwhile contributions. It usually works well however in some cases like this it does seem to have an opposite effect but that is the side effect of any feature which allows users to rate things based on their own interpretations. There will always be some disagreement.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 16
ForumCoin: 66,888

Next

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions