ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Google's grammar check can recognize celebrity names now.

Postby fergus1234 » 15 Mar 2019, 07:29

I remember few years ago, If you Type Katy Perry, Your grammar check will not recognize the name Katy because it is not on the dictionary. Well now Google chrome grammar check can recognize name of celebrities and they will correct you if you are wrong.

Here are some examples:

Here is another one

Mickey is a correct spelling, but not for the popular wrestler Mickie James.

Few years ago , If you typed Mickey James, Google will recognize it as the right spelling but they now correct it.

Most men named Connor uses the spelling C-O-N-N-O-R but the MMA fighter Conor Mcgregor only have one N. Well Google Chrome finally recognizes that.

Last edited by fergus1234 on 16 Mar 2019, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
fergus1234

ForumCoin: 483

Re: Google's grammar check can recognize celebrity names now.

Postby Allius » 15 Mar 2019, 18:25

Interesting...Google are improving everyday, not only in grammar, but in everything.
In my opinion that's good, but also have a bad side... they use our information, data and activities to improve but, on the other hand they have lots of information about lots of people and some information could be used for not so good things and reasons...
However, Google improve ou lives everyday...

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 152

Postby mrki444 » 16 Mar 2019, 12:24

Good side lack of errors, bad side following you activity and mentions. Did you get some ads related to used names?

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 232

Postby fergus1234 » 18 Mar 2019, 05:03

They recognize popular franchises and corporate copyrighted properties too.

They corrected me when I typed Mortal Kombat with a c.

fergus1234

Postby augusta » 25 Mar 2019, 05:44

This is what we call innovations. Alot of things now have been innovated to meet the demands of everyday needs. So it isn't as poorly done as it was years back.

augusta

ForumCoin: 540

Postby riddy09 » 01 Apr 2019, 00:21

So how google recognize which ones are celebrity? It is just from Hollywood or even the ones that are not so popular? Well, I don't often use celebrity names really and it is in the browser, correct?

riddy09

ForumCoin: 138

Postby fergus1234 » 06 Apr 2019, 11:52

It seemed like Google grammar check just added Humanatic,Forumcoin and Mylot from their vocabulary. Months ago it kept correcting it as Humanity, Forum coin and Mygote

fergus1234

Postby fergus1234 » 18 Aug 2019, 10:28

riddy09 wrote:So how google recognize which ones are celebrity? It is just from Hollywood or even the ones that are not so popular? Well, I don't often use celebrity names really and it is in the browser, correct?

It recognizes non Hollywood celebrities too.

I got corrected when I typed the name of the Afghan actress Marina Golbahari, that the most obscure of all obscure.

fergus1234

Postby suny » 01 Sep 2019, 04:05

I will believe that only when Google will recognize all celebrities names' spellings. They always show a red line under almost all the names of Indian leaders and celebrities so they are still way behind in this matter for us at least.

suny

Referrals: 64
ForumCoin: 717

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology