*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: China's social rating system, A scary dystopian 1984 meets Nosedive

Postby Netherrealmer » 20 Jul 2019, 19:02

Of course people with highscores loves this system. Let's see what happens if they meet at least 10 people who dislikes them. people with slow scores will be shamed on tv. People with high scores gets awards and rewards.

People around 700 points will live a blissful life like this woman.

If you are below 500 points, you won't be allowed to have internet.

Last edited by Netherrealmer on 21 Jul 2019, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Postby Lushh » 21 Jul 2019, 00:08

That's what will happen, yes. Earlier when you said they could be given bad scores if they annoy someone, I thought vengeance is coming. The ones being annoyed can also annoy others by being too easily annoyed. Or they won't know who scored them bad? In that case you could just have a feeling that it's your neighbour who did it so you return the favour to him. What madness it will be!

Lushh

ForumCoin: 256

Postby NoneMoreHip » 27 Jul 2019, 01:41

fergus1234 wrote:The government might will definitely abuse the system and give negative points to their critics.

FTFY

Instilling the crabs in a bucket mentality among the population is just the tip of the iceberg. This is a government system, they have complete control. Say something inexplicably offensive to the government on your wechat? Congratulations you just got a million negatives to your score. I bet individuals with low social credit scores become the next batch of involuntary organ donors once the communist party runs out of falun gong practitioners.

NoneMoreHip

ForumCoin: 5

Postby Netherrealmer » 30 Jul 2019, 08:37

I feel bad for people with mental disorders like ADD,Bipolar,OCD and social anxiety disorder, they will get screwed by this system.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Lushh » 10 Aug 2019, 04:35

fergus1234 wrote:I feel bad for people with mental disorders like ADD,Bipolar,OCD and social anxiety disorder, they will get screwed by this system.

I know, if they don't put in place a system to protect these persons, things could get really messed up. People don't have much patience as it is right now so imagine when they start wielding their 'authority'. You better act 'right' or else. :?

Lushh

ForumCoin: 256

Postby Netherrealmer » 15 Aug 2019, 17:17

No wonder Hong Kong wants independence now. I don't think the Hong Kees wanted to be involved with this dystopian system. Chinese internet is currently dominate by Hong Kong.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Love_to_sleep » 13 Sep 2019, 10:31

Not sure why people are mocking it, calling it dystopian etc. Government wants to discipline its citizen and since when discipline became dystopian?

The only problem as it appears from the long post is that it is prone to misuse. Agree with that. This could be a big concern. Specially, if you haven't disciplined yourself but only want someone else to rate you high OR if you rate based on certain assumptions you made.

Humans have bias and prejudice. You can't persuade them to rate someone in unbiased manner just based on current behavior. Chinese government should find a solution to that. It is logical that human intervention needs to be minimised to avoid misuse. When you have CCTV to check on everyone, why do you need humans to rate each other? Government could be focused on automation. Let a Robot observe you and rate you as per the standards.

Further, a rating could be average based. So, 100 people rate you 4 each and 1 rates 5, you get (4x100 + 5 = 405) / 101 = 4.0099 points. If someone else rates 3, your ratings drop to (4x100 + 5 + 3)/102 = 4 again. This way, few bad ratings don't send you to hell.

Those who living outside China need not react so badly to the idea. Give government some time to correct its mistakes and refine the system.

Love_to_sleep

ForumCoin: 213

Postby ptrikha21 » 13 Sep 2019, 10:44

Actually, some of the things like low score for smoking, and a few more things is good, but low ratings by others???
Well, even someone's relative or an ex-lover could give someone a low score.
And why target sweets??
Yes, a bit scary!!

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 897

Postby jackchun » 17 Oct 2019, 12:54

I haven't heard of this social rating system implemented in China that I live in Hong Kong, but I don't know if they secretly doing that

jackchun

ForumCoin: 1,504

Postby Netherrealmer » 17 Oct 2019, 13:18

jackchun wrote:I haven't heard of this social rating system implemented in China that I live in Hong Kong, but I don't know if they secretly doing that
They are already testing it in some mainland cities but not yet in Hong Kong, I mean Hong Kongers are currently protesting for their rights.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby jackchun » 17 Oct 2019, 20:55

yes, two months ago some racist in Hong Kong just destroyed one of this device to protect our city

jackchun

Postby Netherrealmer » 18 Oct 2019, 08:23

jackchun wrote:yes, two months ago some racist in Hong Kong just destroyed one of this device to protect our city
Do you think you can live a life of trying to behave good all the time scared of annoying people so you won't lose points? From What I know Hong Kong will be exempted for now.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby jackchun » 18 Oct 2019, 09:39

hk will be exempted from this until the most latest time of year 2047

jackchun

Postby MysticMoons » 18 Oct 2019, 22:50

They are evil for using this system.
China now makes everyone face scan just to get online!
that is slavery!

want to make big money playing games and chilling onlie then check out the link to learn how! https://vocal.media/gamers/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games-from-homework from home playing games
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 751

Postby jackchun » 18 Oct 2019, 23:51

so now Hong Kong has a few months of radical protests and many foreign countries support them

jackchun

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology