*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: owning a website is becoming a thing of the past

Postby Netherrealmer » 20 Apr 2019, 18:45

Yup TV stations are the ones who are neglecting websites the most. They have more activity with their social media. So their forums are abandoned.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Postby Yugocean » 12 Jun 2019, 04:56

Social media is strong place, people do not need to create different logins too. However MMO still need websites.

Yugocean

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 3,958

Postby TimeRider » 12 Jun 2019, 11:20

It's sad to see this news. Because you have people on social networks and apps doesn't mean you have to abandon a website. Seems like Social networks and apps are taking over and the use of websites is rare these days.

TimeRider

ForumCoin: 7

Postby Joseph83 » 02 Jul 2019, 21:53

I don't really blame companies on this. They get traffic more in social networks

Joseph83

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 203

Postby Netherrealmer » 03 Jul 2019, 03:01

Another TV Network got rid of their website. when I go to their website all I see are links to social media and their app.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Abigael » 06 Jul 2019, 02:46

fergus1234 wrote:Recently a tv station in my country gets rid of their official website and all of their online activities can now only be see their social media pages. some companies on the other hand replace their official website with an app. a social network page and a YouTube channel consumes less data than an official website. many huge companies don't even bother having an official website. majority of internet users these days are using mobile instead of pc. Most mobile internet users are dealing with data capping

I think apps are great for such big companies. Websites are expensive yet many people cannot have access to them as easily as the app.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

Postby Netherrealmer » 06 Jul 2019, 08:22

Yes mobile users dont like going to websites due to data cap. Its the reason why fake news became dominant in many countries. Social networks dont consume much data but websites does. Videogame companies are abandoning their websites too. Many videogame companies have not updated their websites despite of their new games.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby ptrikha21 » 06 Jul 2019, 12:57

fergus1234 wrote:Recently a tv station in my country gets rid of their official website and all of their online activities ... with data capping

Yes Apps and Social Media Links are the rage these days. However, I saw a Fashion Site which stopped its website in between, just to have an App, but later revived its site too due to customer demands.

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 897

Postby Bravosi » 07 Jul 2019, 18:31

Some companies get a website to be more "legit" and official. But yeah, you're right.

Bravosi

ForumCoin: 130

Postby cmoneyspinner » 11 Jul 2019, 03:39

No matter what anybody says, it's better to have your own website. Your website is like your piece of real estate on the Internet. OK! So you don't have a huge mansion. But it's still your house.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby ceci » 11 Jul 2019, 11:18

So true, I stop to host my company website but move the content to a Facebook page.
However, it's still advisable to have a website for storing the company info, according to a business analyst to me.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby cmoneyspinner » 11 Jul 2019, 15:28

ceci wrote:So true, I stop to host my company website but move the content to a Facebook page.
However, it's still advisable to have a website for storing the company info, according to a business analyst to me.

Yes. It is likely that Facebook will be around forever. But you have more control over your own website than you do over Facebook. About a month ago Facebook wiped all my posts from my profile clean. I kept submitting reports asking why or what happened. Then one day I opened my account and everything was back to normal. No explanation. No apology. They acted like nothing had ever happened. So I acted like nothing happened and didn't say "Thank You" for fixing the problem. Hey! They didn't acknowledge the problem existed. Just sayin'. Would it have been too hard to extend me a little professional courtesy?

Anyway! I still got a free FB account and my network is growing. For allowing me to have a free profile and free business pages, Facebook deserves applause and a thumbs up. :clap: :thumbup: Zuckerberg doesn't have to offer the service free. Just sayin'.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby Netherrealmer » 11 Jul 2019, 16:02

Some tv shows have snapchat accounts and instagram accounts now.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby jasmin » 12 Jul 2019, 02:25

I don't think owning a website is becoming a thing of the past, if that was true why would we see the rise of various domain names, rise of web hosting companies etc.

jasmin
Banned

ForumCoin: 42

Postby Joseph83 » 29 Aug 2019, 16:21

Joseph83 wrote:I don't really blame companies on this. They get traffic more in social networks

Also it is cheaper to use social networks than maintaining a website.

Joseph83

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 203

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News