*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

I Wish Stealth genre videogames are more popular

Postby Netherrealmer » 09 Jun 2019, 01:04

Most videogames these days usually have these type of protagonists

Most video game characters these days are an Army of one who can kill hundreds of soldiers or zombies with their bullets or swords. Oh their gunshot wounds or zombie bites can be simply healed by a herb or a med pack.

Well this game gave me a more realistic experience.

In the game "A Plague Tale: Innocence" One shot from the enemy you are dead.

The main character is a 15 year old girl named Amicia, she and her little brother are trying survive the Black Plague in Medieval france. She defends herself by using sling with rocks as projectiles.
The story is very heartbreaking because you will feel bad about these kids. They are not badassses, they are kids who wants to survive a very violent era in Europe. Its not historically accurate though because the black plague rats on this game have appetite for human flesh. So yes you have to seal with hordes of rats too.

She have to use a lot of stealth strategies to kill her enemy. I mean she is just a teenage girl, she cannot kill crazy murderous adults in hand to hand combat. So she have to use many stealth attacks to survive.

There are also other great Stealth games like Metal Gear Solid series and the hitman series which have the typical male badass action heroes but they still fought realistically with Stealth. Casual gamers are not into Stealth due to main characters being glass canons but its a more realistic experience over being an army of 1, fighting 100 goons on point.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Re: I Wish Stealth genre videogames are more popular

Postby mrki444 » 09 Jun 2019, 07:22

We always ask for superheroes, not for normal people. Such is in video games. Many people don't want to be small, scared girl than big soldier with guns who can kill 10 people with one bullet.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 533

Postby Netherrealmer » 09 Jun 2019, 13:22

Metal Gear Solid and Hitman have the typical badass male protagonists but they are still not mainstream enough because they are stealth and not direct action. Its just those games decided to go stealth since its the most realistic route a single person can beat an army.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby mrki444 » 09 Jun 2019, 16:11

Hitman is more like top secret agent. He kills targerts, not entire army.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 533

Postby Netherrealmer » 09 Jun 2019, 19:18

mrki444 wrote:Hitman is more like top secret agent. He kills targets, not entire army.
it is still a stealth game because he is not allowed to get caught and his job must have no witness. Very different from other stealth game with ordinary boy or girl as protagonists.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby KyushuKris » 12 Jun 2019, 01:14

well a lot of games have stealth elements. The Last of Us, for example.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 484

Postby Netherrealmer » 12 Jun 2019, 04:22

KyushuKris wrote:well a lot of games have stealth elements. The Last of Us, for example.
One of the best Stealth game out there because you have to conserve your weapons and use distractions to avoid enemies.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Sojourn » 12 Jun 2019, 05:00

The Assassins Creed series has incorporated stealth and direct fights too.In the latest rendition of the game,playing with a direct approach starts a bounty on the protagonist's head .

Sojourn

ForumCoin: 894

Postby Netherrealmer » 24 Jun 2019, 14:52

I am more into horror stealth. I just played outlast and its damn scary. The siren series from ps3 are great too.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology