ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Re: Would you give homeless people your leftover food?

Postby A K Rao » 18 May 2019, 05:10

In India as a rule common people they don't waste food, they either gve it to the needy or to the animals they are found around including the birds! That has been our tradition!

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,561

Postby ptrikha21 » 19 May 2019, 19:36

talkerbee wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:However, some of the Homeless and beggars are unwilling to find or do any work, and remain dependent on others.
This is the reason why I choose to whom I gave food or money. If I am spending time in the city/town, I can see beggars. Honestly speaking, not all of them have physical or mental disability.

Yes many are quite well enough physically and some look even stronger than us.

ptrikha21

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 241

Postby MABEL » 20 May 2019, 03:14

Giving leftover to homeless people is a humanistic deed. But buying food intended for them could be awesome too. It's hard to determine who are really in need but we don't question we give from our hearts.

MABEL

ForumCoin: 390

Postby a_jerobon » 20 May 2019, 13:12

kanchan18 wrote:I don't believe in left overs. i look to provide cooked food for those people

That is really great. Cooking for them is more generous than giving leftovers.

a_jerobon

ForumCoin: 440

Postby Avian » 08 Jun 2019, 20:23

Yes, I always give food. I can not imagine that someone has no basic things and that's food, I'm very sensitive about this

Avian

ForumCoin: 12

Postby Joseph83 » 09 Jun 2019, 20:34

If there is serious need for it otherwise I will give them fresh cooked food.

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 338

Postby Alaskah » 10 Jun 2019, 01:24

I would think it would depend on what it is before I give them my "leftovers" over just buying them a meal of their own. I'd feel as if it was demeaning to give them a few slices of pizza. However, if I went to McDonalds and got two sandwiches but could only eat one... I'd probably feel okay giving them the other. I'd still to prefer to buy them a meal if I could though.

Alaskah

ForumCoin: 298

Postby lisasteinmetz69 » 12 Jun 2019, 03:53

No left overs, I would buy them a full meal with left overs if possible. If they had a pet with them then I would supply them with food and water for their pet as well.

lisasteinmetz69

ForumCoin: 240

Postby iamdahmmy » 17 Jun 2019, 08:45

Alaskah wrote:I would think it would depend on what it is before I give them my "leftovers" over just buying them a meal of their own. I'd feel as if it was demeaning to give them a few slices of pizza. However, if I went to McDonalds and got two sandwiches but could only eat one... I'd probably feel okay giving them the other. I'd still to prefer to buy them a meal if I could though.

That's nice..If you have two sandwiches and can only finish one, then its okay to give the other one away..some would have thrown the other one into a garbage

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 401

Postby grecy0905 » 26 Jun 2019, 16:36

I feel bad about what happened to them but most of the beggars are not willing to work to earn money with decency. they only want to ask you money or something. I remember I gave a food to the needy, a burger , y left over. when I hand it over , she throw it back to me and she said she needs cash. :lol:

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 208

Postby Joseph83 » 26 Jun 2019, 20:21

I do better not give at all than give left over. I believe in doing what is worth doing very well.

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 338

Postby iamdahmmy » 27 Jun 2019, 19:40

grecy0905 wrote:I feel bad about what happened to them but most of the beggars are not willing to work to earn money with decency. they only want to ask you money or something. I remember I gave a food to the needy, a burger , y left over. when I hand it over , she throw it back to me and she said she needs cash. :lol:

That hilarious.. I guess some people are just too lazy to work..its sad

iamdahmmy

Postby a_jerobon » 04 Jul 2019, 14:31

I wish to build a children's home one day. My town has a lot of street children. I always feel so bad when I see them sleep on the streets or taking out thrown food out of the dustbin.

a_jerobon

ForumCoin: 440

Postby lydiac » 06 Jul 2019, 10:17

Absolutely. I give them gloves and hats when it's cold. I am terribly sorry for these people

lydiac

ForumCoin: 24

Postby iamdahmmy » 12 Jul 2019, 10:30

lydiac wrote:Absolutely. I give them gloves and hats when it's cold. I am terribly sorry for these people

This is a nice gesture.its good to be good

iamdahmmy

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat - Off Topic