*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

What's the craziest thing you ever did?

Postby Angie10 » 17 Mar 2019, 13:56

Almost 2 weeks ago, I walked out of my job even knowing I had no other job to walk straight into. Why, I hear you ask? Because The company I've been working for was making cuts and other drastic changes and I just felt I could be doing with all that. Had I stayed, I would've had to do the work of 4 people with no salary increment or incentives. So here I am; unemployed and looking for a new job but happy I left. Luckily, I have my husband's full support!

Have you ever done something that crazy? Would you leave your secure job even knowing you have no other job to replace it? Do share :)

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Banner Ad

Re: What's the craziest thing you ever did?

Postby OldGuy » 17 Mar 2019, 16:01

Back when I first entered the job market, I had no idea what I really wanted to do. It was a lot easier to find work back then. You simply walked down the street, saw a "help wanted" sign, walked in to fill out the application and ended up with a job abut 95% of the time right then.

If I was not happy with the work, the boss, other employees, etc, it was just as easy to quit, walk down the street and find a new job the same day. For the first several years out of high school, I worked at something close to 30 different places before I found something that fit. For the rest of my working career, I worked at something close to a dozen more places. Quitting was always an easy choice. I never considered that crazy. I even took a lot of time off between jobs just to enjoy life.

I think the things that people might have considered crazy were the things I tried during those time off periods. I considered them to be adventures. Ya gotta be sorta crazy to enjoy life sometimes. If it was off the wall batsht crazy, I tried it, at least once. :lol:

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby Abigael » 19 Mar 2019, 09:56

The craziest thing I have ever done in life is walking out of an exam room without answering any question in the paper. I only had not read anything that semester as I had a lot going on. I then prepared and sat for a resit the next semester.

Abigael

ForumCoin: 11

Postby Angie10 » 19 Mar 2019, 11:28

OldGuy wrote:Back when I first entered the job market, I had no idea what I really wanted to do. It was a lot easier to find work back then. You simply walked down the street, saw a "help wanted" sign, walked in to fill out the application and ended up with a job abut 95% of the time right then.

If I was not happy with the work, the boss, other employees, etc, it was just as easy to quit, walk down the street and find a new job the same day. For the first several years out of high school, I worked at something close to 30 different places before I found something that fit. For the rest of my working career, I worked at something close to a dozen more places. Quitting was always an easy choice. I never considered that crazy. I even took a lot of time off between jobs just to enjoy life.

I think the things that people might have considered crazy were the things I tried during those time off periods. I considered them to be adventures. Ya gotta be sorta crazy to enjoy life sometimes. If it was off the wall batsht crazy, I tried it, at least once. :lol:

Good for you, OldGuy... sounds to me like life was a breeze back then! Here in Botswana, it's very, very hard to land a job unless you know someone, sadly. I mean, we still send out applications on the off chance you'll be gauged on your merit, but it's an open secret that most advertised vacancies have already been filled by friends and family :(

--- 19 Mar 2019, 11:30 ---

a_jerobon wrote:The craziest thing I have ever done in life is walking out of an exam room without answering any question in the paper. I only had not read anything that semester as I had a lot going on. I then prepared and sat for a resit the next semester.

I'm glad you were able to do a re-sit in the next semester! I bet you aced it this time around? I also hope that you were able to work through the personal issues you were going through at the time.

Angie10

Postby Abigael » 20 Mar 2019, 04:40

Angie10 wrote:
OldGuy wrote:Back when I first entered the job market, I had no idea what I really wanted to do. It was a lot easier to find work back then. You simply walked down the street, saw a "help wanted" sign, walked in to fill out the application and ended up with a job abut 95% of the time right then.

Good for you, OldGuy... sounds to me like life was a breeze back then! Here in Botswana, it's very, very hard to land a job unless you know someone, sadly. I mean, we still send out applications on the off chance you'll be gauged on your merit, but it's an open secret that most advertised vacancies have already been filled by friends and family :(

--- 19 Mar 2019, 11:30 ---

a_jerobon wrote:The craziest thing I have ever done in life is walking out of an exam room without answering any question in the paper. I only had not read anything that semester as I had a lot going on. I then prepared and sat for a resit the next semester.

I'm glad you were able to do a re-sit in the next semester! I bet you aced it this time around? I also hope that you were able to work through the personal issues you were going through at the time.

Yes, I was able to deal with the issues I had. Since then, I have been doing well in my studies and I don't have any of such issues that can affect my academics.

Abigael

ForumCoin: 11

Postby iamdahmmy » 26 Mar 2019, 14:10

I have done so many crazy things...I made onslaught of rash decisions following my gut instead of common sense ,from travelling several miles to look for a lady whose address I didn't even know to walking out of a high paying job just because I was in the doldrums...
I look back and shake my head.. I guess we all make rash decisions at some points in our lives..

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 401

Postby Netherrealmer » 05 Apr 2019, 04:08

I had an affair with a married woman. I quit after founding out her husband is Military. :lol:

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby iamdahmmy » 05 Apr 2019, 16:33

fergus1234 wrote:I had an affair with a married woman. I quit after founding out her husband is Military. :lol:

Lol..I would have done the same..military men are vicious..

iamdahmmy

Postby Amaka divine » 14 Apr 2019, 16:26

Trusting someone more than necessary and got disappointed at last

Amaka divine

ForumCoin: 28

Postby ceci » 17 Apr 2019, 08:08

Invested oversea. Trapped by a good friend, almost USD40k gone, but get back half at least at the end. Never trust your good friend on business. :yawn: :yawn:

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby iamdahmmy » 17 Apr 2019, 11:53

ceci wrote:Invested oversea. Trapped by a good friend, almost USD40k gone, but get back half at least at the end. Never trust your good friend on business. :yawn: :yawn:

I had the same experience.. got robbed by a friend..I was gobsmacked when I later found out he did it..Lesson learnt "Never trust anybody"

iamdahmmy

Postby Angie10 » 17 Apr 2019, 12:10

iamdahmmy wrote:
ceci wrote:Invested oversea. Trapped by a good friend, almost USD40k gone, but get back half at least at the end. Never trust your good friend on business. :yawn: :yawn:

I had the same experience.. got robbed by a friend..I was gobsmacked when I later found out he did it..Lesson learnt "Never trust anybody"

In business, I don't anybody except my husband. We are married 'in community of property' LOL

--- 17 Apr 2019, 12:14 ---

Gosh, at least you were able to claw back some of it! With friends like that, who needs enemies right?!

Angie10

Postby naxewp81 » 23 Apr 2019, 13:33

When it comes to business, a good friend can be your worst enemy in a heartbeat :( Glad you got at least some of your money back. My brother did the same mistake.

naxewp81

ForumCoin: 88

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic