*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

Christchurch (NZ) Terrorist Attack

Postby Sam » 17 Mar 2019, 05:34

It was scary. The shooter was caught a couple of streets from where I live but it was more scary that we have people like that living in New Zealand. I think most people have been in complete shock for the last couple of days. 50 people dead. Massacred and murdered by a white supremacist terrorist.

My heart goes out to all the families and friends here affected.

I hope no one thinks that the majority of New Zealanders are islamaphobic.

Sam

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 179

Re: Christchurch (NZ) Terrorist Attack

Postby A K Rao » 17 Mar 2019, 09:28

Unfortunately terrorism is becoming a Global phenomenon! The fanatics and fundamentalists are unnecessarily killing innocent people and spreading the terror all over the World. In the recent past India was again attacked by terrorist where 40 soldiers were killed when they were traveling in a truck! I strongly condemn such cowardly action by these people and pray the Almighty to bless these people with positive thoughts to create a peaceful World!

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Postby ptrikha21 » 17 Mar 2019, 13:20

Sam wrote:It was scary. The shooter was caught a couple of streets from where I live but it was more scary that we have people like that living in New Zealand. I think most people have been in complete shock for the last couple of days. 50 people dead. Massacred and murdered by a white supremacist terrorist.

Majority of people across the world are peace loving. It is a few groups and individuals, supported by a few Governments that support such acts of violence.
Another problem is the decaying social moral of the people in general, and this again is making many think of taking arms and killing others as a quick solution, or something to fulfill their distorted vision.

--- 17 Mar 2019, 18:51 ---

A K Rao wrote:Unfortunately terrorism is becoming a Global phenomenon! The fanatics and fundamentalists are unnecessarily killing innocent people and spreading the terror all over the World. In the recent past India was again attacked by terrorist where 40 soldiers were killed when they were traveling in a truck! I strongly condemn such cowardly action by these people and pray the Almighty to bless these people with positive thoughts to create a peaceful World!

Yes, and due to support from certain quarters such fundamentalism has been growing quite fast. I have been expressing strongly on this topic, and a lot on Mylot too.

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 916

Postby suny » 17 Mar 2019, 13:50

I condemn the act of terror coming from any side. After all we are the worst hit by terror attacks. By the way, I was in Christchurch for 3 days during New Year. A lovely country with beautiful landscapes.

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

Postby Angie10 » 17 Mar 2019, 14:22

I've been following this on tv and it's just sad. I was happy to learn New Zealand will be reviewing its gun laws off the back of this tragic incident. I just wish there wasn't so much hate in the world :( My prayers and thoughts go to New Zealand <3

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,450

Postby Netherrealmer » 17 Mar 2019, 15:49

The shooter is Australian. He is one of those white supremacist who thinks Muslims are threats to white people because they can have multiple wives while most white people only have 1 spouse and kids. Most Muslims outside the middle east are westernized only few practices polygamy.

I think he was influenced by those propaganda videos on youtube and facebook.

Kiwis regardless of religion don't really like having lots of kids.

I actually don't like religions but I don't hate people who are devout to their religions. The shooter is basically too bigoted to function.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 1,530

Postby ptrikha21 » 17 Mar 2019, 17:37

fergus1234 wrote:The shooter is Australian. He is one of those white supremacist who thinks Muslims are threats to white people because they can have multiple wives while most white people only have 1 spouse and kids. Most Muslims outside th......................ligions. The shooter is basically too bigoted to function.

Unfortunately at times, social media too publicizes hate speeches and other materials rapidly and this is causing unrest in many parts of the world.

--- 17 Mar 2019, 23:09 ---

suny wrote:I condemn the act of terror coming from any side. After all we are the worst hit by terror attacks. By the way, I was in Christchurch for 3 days during New Year. A lovely country with beautiful landscapes.

Fact is the way the world is changing, there is nothing like absolute safety. There can be hate incidents or terror attacks anywhere. Unfortunately, a lot of world's resources are now increasingly being spend on increased policing or securing borders, and arms race keep on continuing.
Perhaps we need a worldwide Inter-Faith dialog to find a lasting solution.

ptrikha21

Postby Netherrealmer » 17 Mar 2019, 18:01

Well I even encountered a hate speech here but thankfully it is not tolerated and got deleted. Youtube on the other hand kept those hateful comments. Many of these hate crimes are even publicly discussed in many online communities,He also live streamed his crime screaming European culture should prevail.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 1,530

Postby MABEL » 17 Mar 2019, 18:02

It is a sad fact now that terrorism is a global problem. I condemn all unnotified killings. But this is also the time that humans start to be aware and be on guard of their safety.

MABEL

ForumCoin: 449

Postby ptrikha21 » 17 Mar 2019, 18:34

MABEL wrote:It is a sad fact now that terrorism is a global problem. I condemn all unnotified killings. But this is also the time that humans start to be aware and be on guard of their safety.

Well being on guard is not always possible. All of us cannot start carrying guns, pistols or knives with us everywhere!
It is the overall social morales and education that needs to be improved, and people learn to be more tolerant of each other.

ptrikha21

Postby Allius » 17 Mar 2019, 18:40

I heard the news and I was really shocked and sad :(
I really don't understand why people has to be divided by religion, color etc, etc... at the end of the day we are all humans and live in the same place... earth... We should respect and accept each other.

Allius

ForumCoin: 155

Postby Abigael » 20 Mar 2019, 04:27

Sam wrote:It was scary. The shooter was caught a couple of streets from where I live but it was more scary that we have people like that living in New Zealand. I think most people have been in complete shock for the last couple of days. 50 people dead. Massacred and murdered by a white supremacist terrorist.

Terrorism is becoming so common. Why have people lost humanity. They kill without even caring. This is so bad. So sorry for the families who lost their loved ones.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

Postby KyushuKris » 20 Mar 2019, 04:49

it's a sad thing that terrorism is taking place across the world everywhere, and quite often too

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 484

Postby sabtra » 24 Mar 2019, 09:30

ptrikha21 wrote:Majority of people across the world are peace loving. It is a few groups and individuals, supported by a few Governments that support such acts of violence.

The terrorist seemed to act that way in order to get praise from an extremist alt-right community, but it wouldn't have been hard to believe there could have been another bigger power behind that.

People should always be reminded killing someone in the name of something never helps their cause. :roll:
I'm sorry for the innocent people and their families. :(

sabtra

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 219

Postby Fergal » 24 Mar 2019, 11:39

Thanks for sharing your perspective on this with us Sam, it really is very sad news and my thoughts are with all those affected.

Peace to all, live and let live.

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 13,521

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic