*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

This Beautiful Actress is the reason why we have Wifi now!

Postby Netherrealmer » 12 Aug 2018, 12:36

Wifi is a technology that changed our lives forever. Now we can access the internet without the need for wires and cables. We can use it to communicate with people worldwide, do some of our daily chores, and even enjoy entertainment like streaming and gaming. Portable devices like smartphones, laptops, tablets, smartwatches and smart glasses give access to the whole world right in the palm of our hands.

This beauty is Hedy Lamarr, and She is one of the most talented Hollywood actresses in the 1940s. She is gorgeous, beautiful, and seductive. I watched some of her movies to see her talent and beauty. She is stunning, and her acting is impressive.

Before she became an Actress, she was just a regular schoolgirl. A movie producer discovered her, and the rest is history.

This elegant Austrian lady is more than a pretty face. Aside from being an actress, she is also a movie producer, Philanthropist, and Scientist.

During her free time, Hedy follows her passion for Science! She is the reason why we enjoy Wifi and the internet! She has a lot of inventions under her belts, like an improved Stoplight and a tablet that turns water into soft drinks. Hedy's most important invention, though, is the Frequency-hopping spread spectrum.

That invention leads to the creation of Wifi. Her invention was originally for national security and military use. Now everyone around the world is reliant on the invention she created. Her invention is a collaboration between her and George Antheil. Her other inventions are not yet revealed to us because it still for military purposes.

Her career is acting, but her passion and hobby are Science and tinkering. She breaks the stereotype that actresses are dumb.

As a tribute to this beauty, I decided to watch some of her movies and documentaries on Netflix because we won't enjoy watching movies with our phones and tablets without her passion for Science. She is not a University graduate scientist. Everything she did was self-study. She used to hide her love for Science from the public, and her being an inventor only got revealed when she received awards. Whenever she was bored at her home, she tried to invent things and study Science.

Imagine if she didn't decide to pursue acting in America and decided to stay in Austria instead. Imagine if an American producer didn't discover her as an actress. We wouldn't have Wifi if it didn't happen. Her acting career funded her passion for Science and technology. If she didn't become an actress, We wouldn't have Wifi. We might still be using wired landline telephones until now, and the internet might still be dial-up.

She might have other inventions that we enjoy today but not yet revealed because most people remember her more as an actress than a self-studied inventor. Thanks to this remarkable woman because we have Wifi now because of her.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,557

Banner Ad

Re: This Beautiful Actress is the reason why we have Wifi now!

Postby cmoneyspinner » 15 Aug 2018, 03:03

I recently became familiar with this story about Hedy Lamar and her scientific contributions. I loved to watch her in the movies when I was a kid. She was very beautiful and talented. Many people don't get full credit for the creature comforts we enjoy today. She is on a long list with many others; especially many other women. :)

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby Netherrealmer » 17 Aug 2018, 12:21

I decided to write this article because there is going to be an upcoming movie about her. The movie will focus more about her being a scientist than an actress.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby cmoneyspinner » 17 Aug 2018, 20:40

I did not know that. I'll be on the look out for the movie. The stars from back in the day have interesting stories. Many worked quietly behind the scenes accomplishing great things.

cmoneyspinner

Postby Netherrealmer » 16 Mar 2019, 17:27

cmoneyspinner wrote:I did not know that. I'll be on the look out for the movie. The stars from back in the day have interesting stories. Many worked quietly behind the scenes accomplishing great things.

While waiting for her biopic, here is a short documentary about her achievements for technology.

All of us are dependent on Wifi and she wont be enjoying wifi had she not existed.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby grecy0905 » 02 Apr 2019, 15:10

this is a steady reminder that if you are passionate of something, you need to try and prove something because the result will work wonders. Right now, I am grateful that she stepped up and create something as we are now benefiting from it.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 526

Postby Netherrealmer » 02 Apr 2019, 15:29

When she was alive, she sad people only remembers her as a pretty actress and her inventions are seen as irrelevant. Now everyone cant live without it.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Angie10 » 02 Apr 2019, 17:41

Wow, who knew! Thanks for sharing, fergus. Gosh, she was a woman of many talents and was more than just a pretty face. Yet we never hear anything about all her achievements. She probably isn't even credited for any of her inventions!

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby ptrikha21 » 07 Apr 2019, 10:45

That is something great to know! Good that you discovered this and shared here.
It is amazing that some people have some great ideas which lead to amazing scientific breakthrough.

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 897

Postby Netherrealmer » 07 Apr 2019, 13:21

ptrikha21 wrote:That is something great to know! Good that you discovered this and shared here.
It is amazing that some people have some great ideas which lead to amazing scientific breakthrough.

and its from a person we least expected. An actress. Who would have thought she is secretly a scientist and people only see her as a pretty face.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby ptrikha21 » 07 Apr 2019, 15:41

fergus1234 wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:That is something great to know! Good that you discovered this and shared here.

and its from a person we least expected. An actress. Who would have thought she is secretly a scientist and people only see her as a pretty face.

Yes we never know what surprises are there in reality!

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 897

Postby ceci » 09 Apr 2019, 03:42

Oh, thanks for the information, I didn't know that before this. She is beautiful and made such good invention for us! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ceci

ForumCoin: 26

Postby MABEL » 09 Apr 2019, 12:14

Thank you for sharing this. There are really some facts that sometimes we missed like asking who are behind the wifi which we are all enjoying now. I will do some more reading about her.

MABEL

ForumCoin: 449

Postby Netherrealmer » 03 May 2019, 17:30

I find it fascinating that she invented frequency hopping for war purposes and to defend the USA from the Nazis and Japan and now all of us are using it for everything from entertainment to jobs. I wonder how she would have felt how far her invention reached.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby cmoneyspinner » 28 Sep 2020, 15:31

I came across some information about this lady the other day. It seems she came up with an invention that was used by the US military and obtained a patent for it. It was used successful, the military acknowledged he contribution, but she never received any money.

cmoneyspinner

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials