*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Thanks to internet some kids are now fans of older songs

Postby Netherrealmer » 04 Mar 2019, 19:07

I just saw a kid who is a fan of Beatles and Queen, I am an online English teacher and one of my students is an 11 year old girl who prefers music from the 60's to early 80's over music of her generation. I asked her if she is influenced by her parents and she said no because her mom is more into Britney Spears and Backstreet boys while her dad is more into Linkin Park.

She discovered songs older than her parents via internet. It is amazing that because of the internet some kids are discovering classics by their own. MY nephew refuses to watch older movies and will only listen to an older song if it's covered but it is nice to see kids from this generation who discovers the rabbit hole of good music and movies from the internet.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,557

Banner Ad

Re: Thanks to internet some kids are now fans of older songs

Postby sabtra » 04 Mar 2019, 23:23

I got to like several old songs thanks to TV commercials, but the internet still helped me find the song titles and artists involved. Old songs also find their way with memes, I came to know about The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel through funny viral videos. :D

sabtra

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 213

Postby OldGuy » 05 Mar 2019, 05:10

It is not just kids who find whole new genres via the internet.

Although I am on the far end of the age spectrum, I search the internet for different music from other countries around the globe. I just search youtube for "music from [country]" and insert different country names to find a whole range of content I have never heard before.

I often find content I do not understand, but the variation brings me a world of different sounds, melodies and instruments that I find fascinating.

I shared something I found from India with a guy I met here who was from India. He stared at me and told me it was ancient stuff from his grandparents' era! There is much more online than anyone can imagine. It is all still there, and the list grows bigger every day with new downloads!

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy

ForumCoin: 1,656

Postby arunima » 05 Mar 2019, 06:29

I totally agree with this. Internet has helped to keep some of the old good music alive among the young generation. In India, more and more old numbers are being remixed. Well some like it but I feel they kill the spirit of the old golden numbers.

arunima

ForumCoin: 617

Postby MysticMoons » 06 Mar 2019, 01:09

Yes thanks to the net
But also cool moives like X men. My little cousins found good old music
from those soundtracks.

want to make big money playing games and chilling onlie then check out the link to learn how! https://vocal.media/gamers/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games-from-homework from home playing games
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 751

Postby cmoneyspinner » 06 Mar 2019, 04:59

My kids like The Beatles, Queen, Jimmie Hendrix and on and on. I am always surprised when I heard them singing the words to songs that are like 30 and 40 years old.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby Netherrealmer » 07 Mar 2019, 12:40

cmoneyspinner wrote:My kids like The Beatles, Queen, Jimmie Hendrix and on and on. I am always surprised when I heard them singing the words to songs that are like 30 and 40 years old.

I just saw a kid who is a fan of Rudy Valley, A singer from the 1930's!!! I can say this is a positive side of the internet because some kids got saved from listening to songs about butts which is trendy in this generation.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby mrki444 » 08 Mar 2019, 10:49

Internet is "place" where you can find excellent and it has make people better many times. To bad most of attention goes on bad sides.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 528

Postby Netherrealmer » 08 Mar 2019, 15:17

MysticMoons wrote:Yes thanks to the net
But also cool moives like X men. My little cousins found good old music
from those soundtracks.

Some old movies and tv shows can be also found in the internet, it is the ultimate rabbit hole of treasures.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby A K Rao » 14 Mar 2019, 06:54

In India most of the children who learn music are big fans of Old Indian songs and they render these old songs in various competitions that is being shown on TV. Old songs have their own Charisma and Charm and they remain ever green! I am also a big fan of old songs!

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Postby ceci » 14 Mar 2019, 09:37

Internet can do some goods sometimes, if not misuse it. I allows my kids go for internet if they use it for good.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby Netherrealmer » 15 Mar 2019, 07:04

Many older singers are now shocked that they meet fans who are younger than their most fans. These young fans discovered them on the internet.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby naxewp81 » 18 Mar 2019, 01:15

Hearing teens today talking about discovering Led Zeppelin, Queen, and other 70s and 80s bands are surreal sometimes. :D

naxewp81

ForumCoin: 88

Postby sofs » 19 Mar 2019, 15:26

My neighbor's granddaughter was singing a number by Neil Diamond. I was stunned, it happens that her dad is a huge fan of the singer and he listens on youtube, the little girls knows so many of the singers songs.
My son's sing songs from the 60"s. They are more popular than the latest songs they say. LOL Thanks to youtube good melodies are still alive.

sofs

ForumCoin: 259

Postby KyushuKris » 20 Mar 2019, 04:53

it's not so odd. I loved the Beatles ever since I was a child and that's before my generation.
Currently I'm in my 40's but my favourite groups are often the doowop/beach boys/surfer rock bands from the sixties.
I don't like much modern music to be honest.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 484

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology