*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: What do you think is future for Netflix? How would you look upon it as an investment option?

Postby Alexandoy » 25 Jan 2019, 11:06

I am not an investor but my take on Netflix is the future that it will be the standard for watching movies.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 17

Banner Ad

Re: What do you think is future for Netflix? How would you look upon it as an investment option?

Postby skysnap » 25 Jan 2019, 11:09

I am guessing amazon prime and hulu are going to take the market of netflix considering netflix is showing poor content and they don't care.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby ruthmongare » 27 Jan 2019, 18:33

I intend to think you thinking of monetizating it like YouTube. Anyway I have no idea how but it can be a good source of income.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 66

Postby Netherrealmer » 28 Jan 2019, 08:01

If you will buy stocks...... snapchat is the best one... teens are moving to that social network to avoid their parents.

Last edited by Netherrealmer on 31 Jan 2019, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby kanchan18 » 30 Jan 2019, 15:42

I think streaming is the future of entertainment. Currently most of the TV channels are available for live streaming. Netflix can be a major player in that area. Cost of data is a prime concern.

kanchan18

ForumCoin: 1,052

Postby theresajane » 30 Jan 2019, 15:51

Netflix is super successful when it comes to popularity. But, business-wise, we see that there's something wrong. Yes, people wouldn't want a higher subscription fee, but that's the best way Netflix can gradually pay their debts. I just hope that it continues on for a very long time and in good quality.

theresajane

ForumCoin: 250

Postby anilmr » 31 Jan 2019, 09:33

fergus1234 wrote:If you will but stocks...... snapchat is the best one... teens are moving to that social network to avoid their parents.

Yes, I agree with you. Snapchat is becoming quite popular among youngsters, and from investment point of view, it may be a better bet than Netflix.

anilmr

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 2,183

Postby SUPERSINGH » 26 Feb 2019, 14:38

I like to know how we can invest in Netflix and make money? It's still not that popular in India

SUPERSINGH
Banned

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 2,964

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Mar 2019, 18:31

Not sure that this is a tit for tat conversation/thread. You 2 guys have different points of view. But which one of you is saying Netflix has a future. I think the company has a future but I'm not sure I would invest in it. I think they spend too much money on "Originals" and I have not been that impressed with the original flix. But still, the subscription is a bargain price. It's just for entertainment. The TV shows and movies are not intense enough to change my convictions about anything!

What is SJW or SWJ? :? :?

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Mar 2019, 18:43

I get that. I remember a time when the movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" wasn't considered a worthwhile investment. Hey! Some people think certain content is not a good investment. If it's your money you don't want to invest in something you don't like or you don't support.

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. This is the first time I've ever heard that expression.

cmoneyspinner

Postby Netherrealmer » 14 Mar 2019, 18:50

cmoneyspinner wrote:I get that. I remember a time when the movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" wasn't considered a worthwhile investment. Hey! Some people think certain content is not a good investment. If it's your money you don't want to invest in something you don't like or you don't support.

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. This is the first time I've ever heard that expression.

Its a term invented by some radical right wing people.
Yeah I remember how offended the white supremacists where when that movie came out but it succeed in the box office.

Netflix is far from a Social Justice content hub as they did the controversial Death Note movie where they casted white actors to play Japanese characters. Just because it has shows with female protagonist, shows with non white protagonist and shows with LGBT characters it doesnt mean its left wing.

Also there are hundreds of Netflix originals with strong male Protagonists compared to the few women centric titles.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Mar 2019, 19:41

I don't pay attention to the gender of a main character as long as they are believable and convincing. I'm watching "Travelers" right now. It's not a Netflix Original but it is keeping my attention. I was watching "Designated Survivor" but I got tired of it. I used to work in Washington, D.C. In real life, there was a lot of drama in D.C., but it wasn't nearly as "theatrical" as it is in the TV show.

I also don't pay attention to all those labels like radical right wing, etc. If a person says something that makes sense to me, I listen. If it makes no sense, I don't listen.

Eh! We need to not take ourselves so seriously. None of us make the world turn.

cmoneyspinner

Postby naxewp81 » 15 Mar 2019, 05:36

oldbuddy wrote:In my opinion YouTube Premium will pass them both up. I have been with Netflix for decades and plan to try Youtube Premium when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks with the intention of switching if I like it better.

Unfortunately, YouTube Premium is not available in my country. Is it cheaper than Netflix?

naxewp81

ForumCoin: 88

Postby cmoneyspinner » 16 Mar 2019, 01:29

naxewp81 wrote:
oldbuddy wrote:In my opinion YouTube Premium will pass them both up. I have been with Netflix for decades and plan to try Youtube Premium when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks with the intention of switching if I like it better.

Unfortunately, YouTube Premium is not available in my country. Is it cheaper than Netflix?

I can't believe you like YouTube Premium over Netflix!!!! :shock:

cmoneyspinner

Postby Netherrealmer » 16 Mar 2019, 05:50

Well Youtube red aka Youtube Premium have Cobra Kai.... the canonical sequel of the original karate kid series.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum