*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Have you ever bought discounted food items?

Postby sashenka » 19 Dec 2018, 17:43

Hi guys, here when some food items are closer to their expiry date, stores are making quite some discounts. Is it the same in your country? If so, have you ever bought these type of items? Were you pleased with the quality and was it worth it?

sashenka

ForumCoin: 12

Banner Ad

Re: Have you ever bought discounted food items?

Postby A K Rao » 19 Dec 2018, 18:18

Some bakeries near by my place give discounts on the cakes after 8.00 pm and I have purchased cakest few times those cakes and didn't find any difference in the quality. they possibly want to keep that big refrigerators shut during the night times so I think they dispose these cakes at discounted rates!

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Postby darkthorn » 19 Dec 2018, 18:27

Oh yes so many times, even today, especially if is something to eat in the same day. This is a nice way for the sellers to make some money and do not throw food away and this way we can also save some money.

darkthorn

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 342

Postby Streamguy69 » 19 Dec 2018, 20:23

I am always looking for deals and when I see something for a good price, I will buy it unless it does not look too good. If I see meat with a different color, I will not buy it and they really should not sell it. I also look for dented cans in a marked down section. canned goods never go bad .

Streamguy69

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 437

Postby OldGuy » 19 Dec 2018, 22:59

Most of our local supermarkets mark down a variety of items when they come close to their expiration date. I always look for those and buy them when out shopping. Even further, there is a local discount store that has some kind of arrangement where they take the expired goods from many of the local supermarkets and continue to offer them at even deeper discounts. I have made purchases there as well.

I have gone through my own pantry and found canned goods items that expired 1, 2 or even 3 years ago. I have still been able to use them without finding them bad.

The expiration date from the producer is only a recommendation. It is not necessarily the date the product will go bad. If it still looks good, feels good, smells good, etc., it is still perfectly fine to cook, eat and consume. Besides, a few extra worms that might show up just add some protein to the meal when you cook it. (Only kidding. Just wanted to see if you are actually reading this stuff.)

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby Alexandoy » 19 Dec 2018, 23:14

French Baker is a high end bakeshop that sells their bread at 50% discount one hour before closing time, that's 9 pm. But you have to be in line by 8 pm because if the line gets too long then there will be no more goods to buy when it is your turn.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 17

Postby skysnap » 20 Dec 2018, 08:38

I used to buy discounted items but not anymore these days.The reason being the hygiene. And also some of the time expiry date nearing products are not safe.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby sofs » 20 Dec 2018, 10:33

Yes some products not the ones that already have a long shelf life and have crossed that.

sofs

ForumCoin: 259

Postby A K Rao » 20 Dec 2018, 14:33

OldGuy wrote:The expiration date from the producer is only a recommendation. It is not necessarily the date the product will go bad. If it still looks good, feels good, smells good, etc., it is still perfectly fine to cook, eat and consume.

In fact in some countries it is a mandatory to mention about the expiry date and generally to be on safer side the manufacturers they give much earlier date as the expiry date, so the food products approaching the expiry date are normally fresh! Funnily because of this law even the honey is also marketed with expiry date on, which can be stored for centuries!

A K Rao

Postby ceci » 12 Jan 2019, 08:56

I do, the bread offered at 30% discount after 8.30pm in the supermarket here, so we grab it when we are there, but not going purposely.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby kataomoi » 12 Jan 2019, 09:16

Yes, I've bought discounted food items before and it's no problem. It helps saves a lot of money. Sometimes items will be on 90% discount in my country... it's practically free food.

But I know some places that refuse to put items on discount because they don't want people to only come in during that period... they'd rather throw out the food and waste it. Really despicable.

kataomoi

ForumCoin: 576

Postby riddy09 » 12 Jan 2019, 10:32

No, I haven't. There are many supermarkets near my home so, it's not hard to buy foods. However, if foods like only good available in other countries and not locally then, that's the time to purchase it online and to look for discounts.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 445

Postby skysnap » 12 Jan 2019, 10:43

Paytm here in india offer a lot of cashbacks and the discounts. And it can be pretty good to have such discount too.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby JASPREET » 12 Jan 2019, 11:02

I have done this multiple number of times and now we can pay with any app like Paytm and Phone pay for coupons and discounts on food

JASPREET

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 97

Postby A K Rao » 12 Jan 2019, 19:37

JASPREET wrote:I have done this multiple number of times and now we can pay with any app like Paytm and Phone pay for coupons and discounts on food

That is very true! We definitely have many such discounts on the food items when we are getting them online in India! Some how I never availed such facility so far! Yes my son ad daughter in law are utilizing these facilities as they often order food online as both are working!

A K Rao

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum