*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Laptop versus desktop

Postby diana0208 » 22 Nov 2018, 02:55

I prefer Laptop because you can carry it anywhere and you can do anything

diana0208

ForumCoin: 155

Banner Ad

Postby asadmunib6953 » 25 Nov 2018, 06:26

My opinion is Desktop. Desktop is better than laptop because of its amazing performance and cheap price. You can also make you desktop faster by installing graphic cards, ram and hard drives. Desktop is very faster than laptops and cheaper in prices.

asadmunib6953

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 38

Postby jobless dude » 11 Dec 2018, 09:53

I prefer to use a laptop and I am very comfortable with my HP laptop. It has got various features and the speed is amazing.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 15

Postby anil02 » 11 Dec 2018, 09:57

My first computer was a desktop. 10 year ago I bought laptop. Last week I bought new laptop. I like it because I can work with it where I want.

anil02

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 599

Postby ceci » 26 Dec 2018, 08:28

diana0208 wrote:I prefer Laptop because you can carry it anywhere and you can do anything

Same as me and I can do almost everything via my mobile nowadays too but except long writing and editing work.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby JASPREET » 26 Dec 2018, 09:18

I like Desktop than a Laptop because its more powerful and cheap.

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 109

Postby sofs » 27 Dec 2018, 13:39

I carry my laptop wherever i go..I hate working on a tab or phone while i travel.. I used to travel a bit earlier.. not so much anymore.. I got rid of my desktop about 7 years ago and never looked back.

Last edited by sofs on 28 Dec 2018, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
sofs

ForumCoin: 259

Postby anil02 » 28 Dec 2018, 11:55

JASPREET wrote:I like Desktop than a Laptop because its more powerful and cheap.

In this I bought new laptop and I pay 29000 for it. I think it is not costly than a powerful desktop. It is also power full.

anil02

Postby anil02 » 30 Dec 2018, 13:42

Laptop have power back up facilities. My new laptop have 4 hours power back up. It is not possible with desk top.

anil02

Postby nakitakona » 30 Dec 2018, 13:54

Usability: both could do the job well.
Portability: laptop is better than desktop
Pricing: desktop is cheaper than laptop
Mobility: desktop has a fixed place or specific place in the office

nakitakona

ForumCoin: 236

Postby jobless dude » 30 Dec 2018, 20:45

Depending on the user it may vary. Some prefer desktop compared to laptop and vice versa

jobless dude

Postby mastermaster » 30 Dec 2018, 22:05

Well it depends on what you want to use it for if you are gamer or a bitcoin miner or you want to do something powerful then i suggest desktop,
but if you just want to watch movies on vlc or browse the net then i suggest laptop which is far more portable and lighter to walk around with so each has its reason for its usage so all you have to do is select which one you fall under hope i this helped :thumbup: .

mastermaster

Postby anil02 » 31 Dec 2018, 11:53

mastermaster wrote:Well it depends on what you want to use it for if you are gamer or a bitcoin miner or you want to do something powerful then i suggest desktop,
but if you just want to watch movies on vlc or browse the net then i suggest laptop which is far more portable and lighter to walk around with so each has its reason for its usage so all you have to do is select which one you fall under hope i this helped :thumbup: .

I am not interested in watching movie. I am using it for online jobs. These jobs are surveys and also bitcoin. I am using laptop for it. Desktop have not option of power backup. For survey job we must have power back up in our computer.

anil02

Postby ReposeButton » 09 Jan 2019, 22:02

I prefer desktops (even though laptops are what I've mainly been using for the past 12 (almost 13) years, and the computer I have now is a laptop that’s almost eight years old and still functions very well).

Like other people who’ve replied to this topic, I like laptops for their portability and their ability to be used without being plugged into an electrical outlet.

But I prefer desktops, because:
    - it's easier to keep them cool.
    - it's easier to customize, replace, and upgrade their parts.
    - they’re generally more durable.
Also, I just enjoy using desktops more.

ReposeButton

ForumCoin: 7

Postby anil02 » 11 Jan 2019, 12:11

Yes what you mention above are problem with laptop. It have problem of heating up, expensive maintainance and less durable than desktop. Power back up is its specaiality.

anil02

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology