*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Pop Issues of Spam in Email Marketing

Postby Chameli » 30 Dec 2018, 07:07

Recently, I joined an advertising program that allowed me to earn free credits by viewing advertisers’ site, joining advertisers’ site and participating in various offers. I could use my credits to advertise my site. I joined the program because I could earn traffic and generate revenue on my site and the best thing was I did not have to spend a dime to market.

After I joined the site, I did not start working immediately, I did not have time to earn free advertising credits on the website, therefore, I was dilly dallying to use the program. My opinion about the program turned upside down when it began to send a lot of emails. It was like 50 emails in a day. Now this was spam. I looked for unsubscribe option in the email body, there was no unsubscribe option. It said, if you want to stop these emails delete your account. By sending a lot of marketing emails, the program was build a bad name. It was spamming.

What is spam in email marketing?

Email marketing is very effective marketing method. Marketing experts say if you are doing correctly, the conversion rate is very high. I read somewhere that about 6 percent people by products through email marketing. Well, six percent conversion rate is very high considering a fact that you are not spending any money and you are not spending a lot of time. If you are using tools like mailchimp, you can send emails to thousands of people in less than a minute.

Sadly a lot of marketing emails are spam. So, what exactly is spam in email marketing? You are spamming instead of email marketing if you are…

• Sending a lot of emails frequently (like the one I mentioned in the opening paragraph)
• Sending emails to people who actually did not subscribe (a lot of people build email list by buying emails)
• Sending emails to people who are not interested in the products and services you are promoting (for example, sending parenting niche products to someone only interested in gaming)
• Promoting dubious products or services

The list does not end here. There are many.

Why spamming in email marketing is bad

If you want to build traffic to your site, generate sales for your products or services, you can start email marketing as it is one of the cheapest and also very effective marketing tool. However, spamming in email marketing is giving a bad name to email marketing. If yo are spamming, you will have no results.
If you send marketing emails to the people who are not interested in your products, your email marketing will have zero conversion.

If you send marketing emails to the people who did not subscribe to your emails, your email will land in spam box.

If you are sending emails with dubious products, services and offers, no one will click the links in your email. When there are no clicks, the conversion is zero.

How to do email marketing so that it is not viewed as spam

• Do not send a lot of emails
• Do not send marketing emails to the people who did not subscribe
• Do not send emails to people who are not interested in your niche.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Banner Ad

Re: Issues of Spam in Email Marketing

Postby ceci » 30 Dec 2018, 10:07

I think email marketing doesn't work anymore nowadays, I don't even check those spammy emails at all.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby Rational Mind » 30 Dec 2018, 20:34

Email marketing will be effective once you stop spamming. Things like sending a lot of emails, sending emails to the people who did not subscribe do not work.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby Chameli » 31 Dec 2018, 04:30

ceci wrote:I think email marketing doesn't work anymore nowadays, I don't even check those spammy emails at all.

It does work. I have subscribed to a lot of marketing emails and I do check these emails.
dominique wrote:Email marketing will be effective once you stop spamming. Things like sending a lot of emails, sending emails to the people who did not subscribe do not work.

A lot of marketers are under wrong notion that sending a lot of emails will bring profits, which is not true.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 31 Dec 2018, 23:21

marketers are not only sending a lot of emails but also sending emails to wrong people. If I receive an email about something that I am not interested in, I will immediately send to spam folder.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby johnywalker » 04 Jan 2019, 08:07

I have subscribed to a lot of emails and I always check the emails I have subscribed, however, if I receive unsolicited emails I will delete immediately without even bothering to open it.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Chameli » 05 Jan 2019, 08:22

johnywalker wrote:I have subscribed to a lot of emails and I always check the emails I have subscribed, however, if I receive unsolicited emails I will delete immediately without even bothering to open it.

I have also subscribed to a couple of emails and I always make sure I open these emails and check the contents. Unsolicited emails are spam emails.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 06 Jan 2019, 22:58

johnywalker wrote:I have subscribed to a lot of emails and I always check the emails I have subscribed, however, if I receive unsolicited emails I will delete immediately without even bothering to open it.

I ma learning SEO and digital marketing, therefore, I have subscribed to many digital marketing and SEO newsletter. I am also interested in content ideas, therefore, have also subscribed to a hand ful of authority site.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 11 Jan 2019, 04:45

dominique wrote:I ma learning SEO and digital marketing, therefore, I have subscribed to many digital marketing and SEO newsletter. I am also interested in content ideas, therefore, have also subscribed to a hand ful of authority site.

I have also subscribed to a lot of marketing emails and I regularly check the emails I have subscribed. However, I marl spam all emails that I receive from unknown sources.

Chameli
Banned

Postby johnywalker » 15 Jan 2019, 07:13

Chameli wrote:

I have also subscribed to a couple of emails and I always make sure I open these emails and check the contents. Unsolicited emails are spam emails.

One of the reasons why email marketing has gained a bad name is because of spam issue. Many marketers are spamming while doing email marketing

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Chameli » 15 Jan 2019, 13:27

johnywalker wrote:One of the reasons why email marketing has gained a bad name is because of spam issue. Many marketers are spamming while doing email marketing

That's right, spamming is very common in email marketing. The marketers are so desperate that they do not have the patience to develop their own list. Email marketing has high conversion, however, in order to happen that the email list must be genuine.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 11 Feb 2019, 00:09

recently, I created a new email for my website and the very next day I received a spam message. How is that possible when I had not shared the email id anywhere?

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby mrki444 » 11 Feb 2019, 08:09

Rational Mind wrote:recently, I created a new email for my website and the very next day I received a spam message. How is that possible when I had not shared the email id anywhere?

If it's something like support@website.com or contact@website.com than probably some body guess it. Or your hosting provider sell it somebody.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 529

Postby Rational Mind » 11 Feb 2019, 23:53

mrki444 wrote:
Rational Mind wrote:recently, I created a new email for my website and the very next day I received a spam message. How is that possible when I had not shared the email id anywhere?

If it's something like support@website.com or contact@website.com than probably some body guess it. Or your hosting provider sell it somebody.

wow, I never realized that some easy to guess email addresses, especially that are associated with a website, are more prone to spamming. Thanks for giving an explanation.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 12 Feb 2019, 01:03

mrki444 wrote:If it's something like support@website.com or contact@website.com than probably some body guess it. Or your hosting provider sell it somebody.

That's very true. I knew this from my own experience. I was using admin as the email id for my email support on my website and my inbox started getting spammed. You should always use id that cannot be easily guessed.

Chameli
Banned

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials