*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Home tuitions- A good way to earn extra income

Postby swalia » 06 Dec 2018, 07:56

Home tutoring is much in demand nowadays days due to a number of factors.These days both of the parents are working and have hectic work schedules leaving them with no time to teach their children. On the other hand, the school assignments are sometimes so tough and complex that even the stay-at-home mothers are unable to comprehend it and help their kids with their homework. The result is that increasing number of parents are now opting for tuitions for their children. Mathematics and Science tutors are much in demand but there is also demand for other subjects like English, Economics and foreign languages etc.
Seeing the demand, taking home tuitions can be a good way of earning some extra income. Even college tuitions can take up home tuitions for primary kids to earn their pocket money. Now the question is ‘How much fees should home tutors charge?’
Tuition centers charge a fixed fee for their services, plus a registration fee. The rates are variable when it comes to home tutors and can be negotiated. Home tutors may charge anything between Rs. 1000/- per month to Rs. 5000/- per month depending on various factors:
• Education level and experience of the tutor is a prime factor in deciding the fee. College students aspiring to work as home tutors should charge less while a certified teacher with relevant experience is entitled to a higher tuition fee. A trained teacher for children with special care can charge even more.
• Tuition rates also depend upon the location one is residing in. In metro cities with higher cost of living and where daily commute is time consuming & expensive, home tutors charge more compared to the ones in smaller cities. Rates may differ even within a city. For instance, people living in the posh localities can afford to pay a higher fee.
• Demand for your subject is another major deciding factor. If the demand of home tuitions for your subject is more, then you may demand a higher fee but you must take into account what other tutors with similar credentials are charging.
• Difficulty of the teaching subject is another factor to determine the fee. Mathematics or Physics teachers may charge higher than an English teacher.
• Tuition fees also vary according to the age group of the student. Home tutors charge less for primary students than the ones who give tuitions to high school or college students.
• The fee can also be charged depending on the length of the teaching session and the number of days per week.
One should take into account the above factors while deciding to start home tuitions. The reputation of the teacher plays a big role in his success as a home tutor. The more sought after you are, the more you can charge and the more money you can make.

swalia

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 692

Banner Ad

Re: Home tuitions- A good way to earn extra income

Postby avi256 » 06 Dec 2018, 19:08

Very well written article with clear and precise points.
I agree that home tuitions if done with dedication can be very rewarding.

avi256

ForumCoin: 104

Postby cmoneyspinner » 06 Dec 2018, 22:59

Home tutoring is definitely a viable way to earn income, especially since many people are opting to home-school their kids. Also, tutoring via YouTube is a way to earn income without ever having to leave home. I am interested in ways to generate income while working from home. But this article is loaded with good info for someone who can embrace the opportunity of being a home tutor. Two thumb up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby swalia » 07 Dec 2018, 01:03

cmoneyspinner wrote:Home tutoring is definitely a viable way to earn income, especially since many people are opting to home-school their kids. Also, tutoring via YouTube is a way to earn income without ever having to leave home. I am interested in ways to generate income while working from home. But this article is loaded with good info for someone who can embrace the opportunity of being a home tutor. Two thumb up! :thumbup: :thumbup:
thank you dear! As you already mentioned about online tuitions, may be you can check them out. They pay quite well.

-- 08 Dec 2018, 15:30 --

avi256 wrote:Very well written article with clear and precise points.
I agree that home tuitions if done with dedication can be very rewarding.
Thank you! home tuitions are definitely a good way to earn some extra money.

swalia

Postby ceci » 17 Dec 2018, 08:08

Agree with you, tuition can good reward especially those school teachers make their double or triple extra income than main income.
But, it's not encouraged for a school teacher to have too many tuition class, if not, he/she will ignore her school teaching duty.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby swalia » 25 Dec 2018, 08:58

ceci wrote:Agree with you, tuition can good reward especially those school teachers make their double or triple extra income than main income.
But, it's not encouraged for a school teacher to have too many tuition class, if not, he/she will ignore her school teaching duty.

Yes, I believe a teacher should use tuition as a means of additional income but not primary income. Since that doesn't happen usually, most of the schools don't allow their teachers to take private tuitions. however tuitions can be a good option for housewives or college students who want to earn some money.

swalia

Postby ptrikha21 » 25 Dec 2018, 10:06

Yes, tutoring could be a good option, though as a school going student myself, I hated Tuitions and never had them, except coaching for Engg. entrance- that too in Class XII and College.
These days, Tuition is like a trend. Some people are sending even 1st and 2nd class students for Tuitions. First parents have to shell out a lot for school education and then for Tuitions!
Why not have a Education system which takes care of students needs' within school itself.
Nevertheless, tuition concept is here to stay in India and it can be a good money-minting option, whether one likes it or not!

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 897

Postby Chameli » 28 Dec 2018, 03:19

I am a teacher and I have done home tuition. Home tuition is a source of easy money.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby swalia » 01 Jan 2019, 11:00

Chameli wrote:I am a teacher and I have done home tuition. Home tuition is a source of easy money.
I agree! And this can be a good earning source for students and housewives too!

swalia

Postby ceci » 02 Jan 2019, 07:59

swalia wrote:
ceci wrote:Agree with you, tuition can good reward especially those school teachers make their double or triple extra income than main income.

Yes, I believe a teacher should use tuition as a means of additional income but not primary income. Since that doesn't happen usually, most of the schools don't allow their teachers to take private tuitions. however tuitions can be a good option for housewives or college students who want to earn some money.

The situation mentioned above happens here that made me really feel angry with the teachers. Most of the parent would like to send their kids to the teachers for tuition in order to get some tips for exam too.

ceci

ForumCoin: 26

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials