*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Seriously Games are becoming more conservative

Postby Netherrealmer » 11 Oct 2018, 16:57

Growing up as a kid, Many of the female videogame characters I grew up with are sexy women like Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, Chun-li, Cammy and many more. There are no complaints about sexy female video game characters.

Now Characters who are originally sexy are now covering up. When a new female character is made sexy the game developers are being bullied by feminist groups, religious groups and moms.

The 3rd person casual shooter game, fornite released a new female character named Calamity Cowgirl.

Look how sexy she is.... Well Some feminist groups, religious groups, Angry mom and social justice warriors complained on her existence because her chest area is bouncy. :crazy:

Back in the 90's I remember Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury and King of Fighter games have Bouncy chest too but there are no complaints.

They made a petition to fix the character. Now her chest is smaller and it doesn't bounce anymore.

Moms, religious groups and Feminists don't even play video games, Why do they stop female characters from being sexy.

On the bright side, at least they didn't make her wear long sleeves and pants. If these conservative groups kept controlling gaming. All female characters will be wearing hijabs and turtle necks.

Cammy from Street fighter is now a Guest character in Fortnite, they decided to make her wear leggings to hide her skin.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 1,530

Re: Seriously Games are becoming more conservative

Postby mrki444 » 11 Oct 2018, 23:20

I don't know where this will lead. Developers should get some Protection, otherwise everything can be shut down because there is always who don't like it.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 638

Postby Netherrealmer » 11 Oct 2018, 23:33

mrki444 wrote:ey didn't make her wear long sleeves and pants. If these conservative groups kept controlling gaming. A

They made the complain because kids play this game. So it is okay for them for kids to see people killing each other on a game as long as the women are not dressing sexy and doesn't have jiggle physics. Wrestling is a Kid's show and many female wrestlers have jiggle Physics.

I think developers should just do their vision and do not let these groups dictate how characters should be designed.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby cmoneyspinner » 12 Oct 2018, 00:35

You will never please everybody. I see 2 different things going on and the lines get blurred when different groups of people start yelling and screaming. But there's no reason for the blur.

The first thing is:
Kids games should be tailored to the age of the kids. There is no discussion and it's not that hard to do. Quit yapping about it. Just do it and make money selling the kid-friendly games.

The second thing is:
I am sort of detached from the gaming industry but I've just heard there are “rumblings” about women being discriminated against and being mistreated in the industry. It's work-related sexism and sexual harassment, they say. But I say … that happens everywhere! No surprise if it's happening in the gaming industry too. But I also say that if a person has a talent or a skill, why can't they work and make money using their gifts and not be harassed just because they're female? How hard can that be?

By the way if you ask me I think the video game artists kind of exaggerate male and female body parts. :lol: :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,867

Postby Netherrealmer » 12 Oct 2018, 08:53

Then they should complain about the treatment of the women of the industry instead of a fanservice fictional female character as they are not real women. They are pixels.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Netherrealmer » 13 Dec 2018, 17:39

I think characters with revealing outfits are more embraced in Japan. Now you can't make such characters in the US anymore.

Last edited by Netherrealmer on 14 Dec 2018, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby MysticMoons » 13 Dec 2018, 17:56

Feminists are pretty silly! they make me laugh. Also Chun Li and cammy are awesome!
And they better leave them alone especially cammy.
But yes I do remember some people complaining that Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat was not feminime enough!
they thought her breasts were to small lol. Now they say to big.

want to make big money playing games and chilling onlie then check out the link to learn how! https://vocal.media/gamers/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games-from-homework from home playing games
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 771

Postby fistsworn » 13 Dec 2018, 18:09

US is weird on these things...

Violence no problem.
Some nudity god forbid!!

I don't get it.

Also, why do you allow religious groups such power in a secular nation?
That's also weird... I am not saying pull a Lenin, just do as europe does don't consider them, they'll loose power once they see they can't pull the "persecution card" on no one especially in one of the most free countries in the world.

fistsworn

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 53

Postby cmoneyspinner » 13 Dec 2018, 23:00

fistsworn wrote:Also, why do you allow religious groups such power in a secular nation?

It's not about power. Unless you mean "will power".

I can't speak for other religions but Christianity has one mission and one mission only. Preach the gospel. Those who believe the gospel message make the decision to become a disciple. It's a free choice. It's your choice. If you choose that lifestyle, then all the decisions you make – political, business, health choices, food and drink, etc. - is all based on your beliefs, i.e. your religious convictions and principles.

Now with regards to politics … in a free country, people with zealous religious fervor have just as much right to speak up and speak out as the people who do not share the same points of view.

In the end, the will of the people prevails. What do I mean by that? I mean:
~ the people who make life decisions based on their religious convictions will either continue to do so OR they will have a change a heart and decide on something else.
~ the people who DO NOT make life decisions based on their religious convictions will either continue to do so OR they will have a change a heart and decide maybe the religious conviction is the way to go.

As long as it's a free country, EVERYBODY can make as much “noise” as they want to!

Sometimes when the noise is over, changes have been made.
Sometimes the noise is just noise and nothing happens!

cmoneyspinner

Postby Netherrealmer » 15 Dec 2018, 17:27

MysticMoons wrote:Feminists are pretty silly! they make me laugh. Also Chun Li and cammy are awesome!
And they better leave them alone especially cammy.
But yes I do remember some people complaining that Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat was not feminime enough!
they thought her breasts were to small lol. Now they say to big.

They love complaining about sexy female characters who are not even real women as they are only pixels. If they are all about women's rights, why dont they fund the education of girls in the middle east who are badly discriminated or help those women forced in arrange marriage to escape. Why don't they help rape victims instead of complaining about Kasumi's boobs and Bayonetta's long legs.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby skysnap » 15 Dec 2018, 17:45

Say thanks to feminism. Things are going to get damaged like that.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby Netherrealmer » 17 Dec 2018, 11:15

I can see the future of all female videogame characters now. Everyone will be wearing long sleeves and pants. Goodbye legs and arm skins. Cleavage will be gone too.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby cmoneyspinner » 18 Dec 2018, 01:34

fergus1234 wrote:I can see the future of all female videogame characters now. Everyone will be wearing long sleeves and pants. Goodbye legs and arm skins. Cleavage will be gone too.

LOL. :lol: :lol: Oh my! You don't have to make it sound all doom and gloom. I come from the generation of Gloria Steinem, noted feminist. She didn't exactly destroy the world. She didn't even destroy Playboy. :D :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Postby Netherrealmer » 20 Dec 2018, 03:24

cmoneyspinner wrote:
fergus1234 wrote:I can see the future of all female videogame characters now. Everyone will be wearing long sleeves and pants. Goodbye legs and arm skins. Cleavage will be gone too.

LOL. :lol: :lol: Oh my! You don't have to make it sound all doom and gloom. I come from the generation of Gloria Steinem, noted feminist. She didn't exactly destroy the world. She didn't even destroy Playboy. :D :lol:

Well Playboy have no nudity anymore. It is now a gaming magazine with cosplayers. I am not kidding. So the feminist won.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby kiko70 » 14 Jan 2019, 15:57

thanks for this information

kiko70
Banned

ForumCoin: 19

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology