*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

What is the true meaning of Christmas?

Postby nakitakona » 12 Dec 2018, 04:21

I have realized nowadays that Christmas has lost its real meaning due to the advent of modern technology and the overdoing of commercialization.

Is Jesus Christ's birth a good source of income especially those big business establishments?

Kids and adults welcome Christmas season for gifts, for party. Employed people are happy when Christmas is here. They are receiving 13th month pay along with their productive bonuses, among others.

In yourself, what is the true meaning of Christmas?

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Banner Ad

Re: What is the true meaning of Christmas?

Postby OldGuy » 12 Dec 2018, 05:48

The holiday known world wide is promoted as a Christian Holiday, celebrating the birth of Jesus. However, you asked about the true meaning of Christmas, and it is not what most think.

The Christian Holy Scriptures is called the Bible. It would seem this is the best source to study the true meaning of Christmas if you are going to call it a Christian Holiday. It causes many great concern and conflict from their upbringing to learn that there are seven specific God's Holy Days and true Christians are to celebrate those days that are Holy to God. The holiday known as Christmas is not one of them. Most people who call themselves Christians don't even know God's Holy days exist.

The scriptures warn true Christians to be wary of false prophets and the Great Deceiver; those who mislead with false doctrine. Most of us today have been misled. Most of our parents, grandparents and several generations before them have been misled. The winter seasonal holiday we now celebrate as Christmas is actually entirely based on pagan celebrations that were celebrated centuries before Christ. Every aspect we now call Christmas activity is based on a pagan activity, including a lighted tree, the giving of gifts, the yule log, mistletoe, feasts; every detail.

A catholic pope in the 4th century deemed it a good idea for those Christians in that era to time their own celebration season to coincide with the pagan events to hide their activities. If you study the time line given in the Scriptures, Christ could not have been born at that time of year. It is false doctrine.

Many toss all that aside, saying, “Well, we are celebrating the birth of Christ. I don't care what it was before.”

The biggest problem with that is that the Bible also warns true Christians to stay away from all forms of pagan celebrations, which are called abominations to God. If you actually open the Book and study the Word, you will find great discomfort in celebrating Christmas as a Christian holiday. Those who hold true to God's Word avoid it like the pagan holiday it truly is.

Satan takes great delight in misleading those who call themselves Christians. This “Christmas” holiday event is right at the top of his worldly successes. Don't take my word for it. If you call yourself a Christian, take time to Study God's Word to learn the entire Truth and while you are at it, learn what else you are being deceived about.

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby Netherrealmer » 12 Dec 2018, 05:55

Christmas is nothing but capitalism to make malls and online stores rich because Jesus doesnt exist.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby MysticMoons » 20 Dec 2018, 08:01

For me the meaning of Christmas is cookies and lots of Presents!
Also Christmas music and egg nog with alcohol in it. :mrgreen:

want to make big money playing games and chilling onlie then check out the link to learn how! https://vocal.media/gamers/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games-from-homework from home playing games
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 751

Postby nakitakona » 20 Dec 2018, 13:00

@oldguy well said. I am a Christian and I do read the words of God from the Bible, from the scriptures. It is our faith that leads us to believe has been written in the scriptures. It is the world that introduced Christmas, a pagan practice on Christ and the rituals or the mass held for such paganism tradition. The birth of Jesus is the manifestation of the unfeigned love of Heavenly Father to give His children who have been fallen the chance to be saved, to be redeemed from their sins by believing with His Only Begotten Son as the only Savior for them.

nakitakona

ForumCoin: 236

Postby ceci » 25 Dec 2018, 14:59

A new life, a new year ahead!
So, full of new plan and will work toward it for a more healthier and wealthier year!

ceci

ForumCoin: 26

Postby ptrikha21 » 25 Dec 2018, 16:33

nakitakona wrote:I have realized nowadays that Christmas has lost its real meaning due to the advent of modern technology and the overdoing of commercialization.

Is Jesus Christ's birth a good source of income especially those big business establishments?

Kids and adults welcome Christmas season for gifts, for party. Employed people are happy when Christmas is here. They are receiving 13th month pay along with their productive bonuses, among others.

In yourself, what is the true meaning of Christmas?

From what I have learnt, Christmas ought to have been a festival of helping Poor, Destitute, help elders and disabled in need.
Of speading the compassion and love in world within and among communities.
Yet what I see are Mega Shopping offers, enticing Holiday Packages, Commercial selling bonanzas.
The Festival looks to have been made a slave of Commercial considerations.
That is why people have become crazy about celebrating the festival so madly even in India, where the Catholics are not so large in numbers. Also, I wonder how many Indians actually know the true meaning of this festival?

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 897

Postby arunima » 26 Dec 2018, 07:59

For me Christmas or any such celebration means being good and doing good. I want to carry on the spirit throughout year.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 617

Postby ptrikha21 » 27 Dec 2018, 06:39

arunima wrote:For me Christmas or any such celebration means being good and doing good. I want to carry on the spirit throughout year.

Yes, that is the best thing that we can take forward from such an event.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 897

Postby augusta » 28 Dec 2018, 06:48

As a Christian christmas is a period where Christ birth is celebrated in christiandom. It might not be the exact date but it has been a period set aside the world over to celebrate this.

augusta

ForumCoin: 11

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic