ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

What The? ... Posting Error

Postby friendociate » 06 Dec 2018, 15:39

I spent 15 minutes typing a reply, clicked the "Preview"-button, and got a page telling me "no posting mode" or something.

Is my reply posted? Saved as a draft? Destroyed forever? :?: :?: :?:

friendociate

ForumCoin: 211

Re: What The? ... Posting Error

Postby sofs » 06 Dec 2018, 17:40

I have had those error messages for a few hours now and my replies got posted a few times over.. I had to edit and delete all of those..

sofs

ForumCoin: 179

Postby cmoneyspinner » 06 Dec 2018, 23:15

Not sure what happened. I've never had that sort of message. However when I did get similar messages it was because I wasn't signed in. Only a logged in member could post. Maybe it was just a glitche. Sorry I'm not helpful. :?

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 41

Postby Fergal » 09 Dec 2018, 11:13

Not sure what happened there friendociate, if you see something like that again, and hopefully you won't, please try to capture a screenshot of the error or copy and paste the error text.

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 16,375

Postby CyberFreak » 10 Dec 2018, 09:17

Hi,

A "No post mode specified" error happens usually when the url contains posting.php in the URL but doesn't include something like "mode=preview" or "mode=quote" in the URL aswell. Normally when clicking "Preview" that should automatically add the "mode=preview" to the URL. Not too sure what went wrong though or what may make it intermittent.

If that error does happens (or any other error), usually the post can be recovered by clicking "back" in your browser and it should take you back to the previous page with the text box still there. I think this is a bit browser dependant though so some browsers might just show an empty text box unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, do you know what topic it was that you were replying to at the time? Might help me see if I can replicate it.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 17
ForumCoin: 64,110

Postby nakitakona » 10 Dec 2018, 09:48

It did happen to me occasionally when my Internet connection is weak. I have to wait until the connection is normalized. I don't have to retype the post or the comment/reply what I did is press the back arrow or just press the refresh arrow or press F5. The undisplayed post is back or shown.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 727

Postby friendociate » 10 Dec 2018, 19:18

CyberFreak wrote:Out of curiosity, do you know what topic it was that you were replying to at the time? Might help me see if I can replicate it.

Don't remember ... it was one of mine though (unless you mean 'categories,' in which case ... I don't remember).

I probably 'accidentally clicked "Submit" before "Preview",' or my browser just 'timed out' while I was typing the reply.

friendociate

ForumCoin: 211

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions