*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: What's too many ads?

Postby kat82 » 12 Oct 2018, 09:50

Too many ads to me is when a site has ads clattered all over. Too many ads are known for interrupting users while navigating the site. Sites with too many ads tend to have a high bounce rate when compared with those with average ads. In the past, Google adsense for example used to limit the number of ads to 3 per page. But now, that no longer applies. Unless a page has longer content, I wouldn't recommend it to have more than 3 ads. But of course, choice depends on kind of content and what the site owner wants. 6 ads plus to me is a higher number and considered as too many ads.

kat82

Referrals: 69
ForumCoin: 1,420

Banner Ad

Postby Rational Mind » 12 Oct 2018, 23:29

Having too many ads does not mean you will earn a lot of money. Having a couple of ads in the best spots will increase your chances of generating more revenue. Try using ads from 2-3 ad networks for better results.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby Chameli » 14 Oct 2018, 00:37

I use 5 ad units on my home page and three ad units in the internal pages. I think I am using ads in moderation. Too many ads will make your website look cluttered.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Rational Mind » 01 Dec 2018, 21:44

Chameli wrote:I use 5 ad units on my home page and three ad units in the internal pages. I think I am using ads in moderation. Too many ads will make your website look cluttered.

Yes, you are using ads in moderation. I am using 7 ad units on the home page.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby kat82 » 03 Dec 2018, 06:38

I am using 2 Adsense ad units on my home page and 1 WordAds ad unit. In the past, I used to have more than that but the returns wasn't good. When I limited the number of ads, things changed and even earnings from Word Ads doubled. Three ad units on a homepage to me is best while using 3 or 4 or even 5 in content (number determined by the content length) seems to work fine.

kat82

Referrals: 69
ForumCoin: 1,420

Postby Chameli » 07 Dec 2018, 09:25

kat82 wrote:I am using 2 Adsense ad units on my home page and 1 WordAds ad unit. In the past, I used to have more than that but the returns wasn't good. When I limited the number of ads, things changed and even earnings from Word Ads doubled. Three ad units on a homepage to me is best while using 3 or 4 or even 5 in content (number determined by the content length) seems to work fine.

I am also thinking to use WordAds. How does wordads compare with adsense in terms of earning (based on your experience)?

Chameli
Banned

Postby augusta » 08 Dec 2018, 05:15

I don't sites with too much ads, it really put me off. Alot of pops up and pop under with banner ads and all what not. I don't really get all of that. Ads at least 3-4 per page is good.

augusta

ForumCoin: 11

Postby Ash » 08 Dec 2018, 21:08

I don't mind a large number of banner or sidebar advertisements. However, I will instantly click of any website that has too many pop-up advertisements that start opening up when I click around the site.

Ash

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 102

Postby Rational Mind » 08 Dec 2018, 22:12

One of my sites has 7 ad units on the home page. It does not matter how many ads you have, the thing is your ads neet to blend well with the contents.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 21 Jan 2019, 09:05

dominique wrote:One of my sites has 7 ad units on the home page. It does not matter how many ads you have, the thing is your ads neet to blend well with the contents.

Very true. The ads must blend with the contents, ads must be related to the contents and ads must not be more than then contents.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Mar 2019, 18:31

Chameli wrote:
dominique wrote:One of my sites has 7 ad units on the home page. It does not matter how many ads you have, the thing is your ads neet to blend well with the contents.

Very true. The ads must blend with the contents, ads must be related to the contents and ads must not be more than then contents.

One of the problems with using too many ad units for the same advertiser is the repetition of the ads. I use 7 units on the home page and the ads repeat.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Ash » 13 Mar 2019, 19:53

It's important to also not annoy your users. If the 7 ads aren't too intrusive then it's fine but if it includes massive banners, pop-ups etc. then it might put off some users.

Ash

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 102

Postby johnywalker » 15 Mar 2019, 00:51

As far as I am concerned, do not bother how many ads the site is using, what actually matters is whether the ads are intrusive like pop up and flashy banner ads, and whether there are more ads than the content.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby sofs » 15 Mar 2019, 01:40

Apart from the blog post itself some sites have ads on each button you click. It is really an annoying experience. When most of these ads are cheap, unsightly to look at and vulgar it gives a very poor impression about the quality of the site to the visitor. All websites depend on the traffic they get and to annoy visitors and put them off is a big no, no.

sofs

ForumCoin: 259

Postby Chameli » 16 Mar 2019, 01:31

Rational Mind wrote:One of the problems with using too many ad units for the same advertiser is the repetition of the ads. I use 7 units on the home page and the ads repeat.

That's very true. I was once using three adsense units inside the post and there would be repetation of ads very frequently. This also happended with ad hitz ads.

Chameli
Banned

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News