*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Is it possible to save money by spending money?

Postby Netherrealmer » 22 Aug 2018, 16:37

Expensive appliances tends to last longer than cheap appliances. You will save more money with expensive brands. Iphones are more durable than android phones.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Postby chikitta » 22 Aug 2018, 20:04

I think if it is something that you need and its on sale yes you will save some money, but if its not something tbat you need and you still buy then your not saving anything instead that will be impulse buying.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby Chameli » 23 Aug 2018, 00:25

If you buy durable products that can last long, you can actually save money by spending more. Let say you are buying a car that cost twice than a normal car. However, if the car you are buying consumes less amount of gas, you are ultimately saving money.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby ceci » 23 Aug 2018, 07:20

Spending is spending, those spending can bring income called investment, either for asset purchasing.

Good point that a durable goods can save money. I will agree that purchase a new, fuel saved and no need repair small car might help in saving money on struggling with an old Mercedes Benz. :P

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby chicnthin » 23 Aug 2018, 08:54

There are some apps that is giving a rewards or cashback so yeah you can save by spending money. And also to the sales on the mall.

chicnthin

ForumCoin: 220

Postby JASPREET » 23 Aug 2018, 09:59

yes we can earn cash back from apps while paying and that helps n earning from them while spending

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 104

Postby arunima » 23 Aug 2018, 11:25

Now a days whenever i pay bills through apps like Paytm, I get a cash back. So I save money while spending it. Moreover, doing more transactions using my credit card helps me earn rewards point and many a times I have cashed the reward points or got a worth gift voucher. Just last week, I bought a gold chain with those gift vouchers for a jewelry store.

arunima

ForumCoin: 617

Postby SUPERSINGH » 23 Aug 2018, 13:31

@arunima Glad you are saving some money like that, I am paying my Electricity bills through Amazon and getting 75 INR cash back everytime

SUPERSINGH
Banned

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 2,964

Postby tusziget » 24 Aug 2018, 04:38

That is awesome.I knew that there were some cash back offers,but didn't know,that it is possible via Amazon.It is good to catch those cash back offers.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby JASPREET » 24 Aug 2018, 08:54

I like to pay by bills with Paytm and its reliable and we can even buy Groceries and pay with it

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 104

Postby skysnap » 24 Aug 2018, 09:30

Couponduniya extension on firefox is a good start for saving while you shop on flipkart and amazon type websites.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby darrensurrey » 24 Aug 2018, 09:35

Happyland wrote:If something is on sale at a reduced price sometimes they advertise this as saving. When you take advantage of this kind of offer are you really saving money or are you spending money?

What if it is something that you don't really need but the reduced price influenced you to buy it anyway. Did you just save or increase your expenses? Is it possible to save by spending? Do you ever save money by spending money?

I've heard one good approach is that if you were going to buy it at full price then you've saved money. If you were never going to buy it, then you've spent money.

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 88

Postby sashenka » 24 Aug 2018, 09:42

fergus1234 wrote:Expensive appliances tends to last longer than cheap appliances. You will save more money with expensive brands. Iphones are more durable than android phones.

I agree. If you buy cheap stuff, you might get the impression that you save, but in fact, you don't... because the cheap stuff will break more easily and you will have to buy it again and again... and if you do the math, you'll realize that buying a more expensive thing would've saved you money.

sashenka

ForumCoin: 12

Postby arunima » 24 Aug 2018, 11:08

SUPERSINGH wrote:@arunima Glad you are saving some money like that, I am paying my Electricity bills through Amazon and getting 75 INR cash back everytime

Paying my phone bills by Paytm for last 4 months, I got RS 400 back as it was a part of offer that needed 4 transactions in 4 months. Also I get Rs100 back on my electricity bill. This month I have got Rs 1000 as cash back from them in different transactions. :thumbup:

arunima

ForumCoin: 617

Postby kanchan18 » 18 Feb 2019, 18:41

To answer this all I can say is to buy in large quantities. For example you need say 500 gms of detergent powder per month so instead of buying 500 gms you may choose to buy 5 kgs at a time which will certainly save money if you compare your price with 500 gms pack.

kanchan18

ForumCoin: 1,052

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum