*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

I wish I work for the company Perpetual Guardian

Postby Netherrealmer » 07 Aug 2018, 15:27

Perpetual Guardian is a company from New Zealand and they recently decided to make a trial to improve the working morale of their employees. The company will pay you a salary for 5 days a week for only 4 days. Yup you have three weekends! Their reason? They want the employees to be fully rested and energized because they will be more productive. Overworked and overstressed employees tends to make mistakes and have health problems. The trial is a success so they want to make it official. Imagine you will only work 4 days a week and you have three week end breaks but your salary is still for 5 days!

Best boss ever!!

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 1,530

Re: I wish I work for the company Perpetual Guardian

Postby rakski » 11 Aug 2018, 00:31

whoa, that is nice if all company will do that.

rakski

ForumCoin: 657

Postby morgoodie » 12 Aug 2018, 13:55

Sign me up!! LOL. It makes sense though. The company probably saves a lot of money since the employees are healthier and productivity is higher. If more companies had this mentality then there would be a lot less problems in the workforce.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby Netherrealmer » 15 Aug 2018, 13:04

@morgoodie Yeah, It is very rare to see a company that makes a lot of money while treating it's employees like humans.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby oldbuddy » 15 Aug 2018, 14:34

This is very common in the USA, but you work 10 hours a day for four days to get long weekends every week.

oldbuddy

Referrals: 38
ForumCoin: 2,407

Postby Allius » 15 Aug 2018, 16:03

Nice idea :) But, it results?
It would be an awesome case study... Some centuries ago the industry was very interesting in make some studies to maximize the productivity (they were not interested in the workers, only productivity). They made experiences with lights, temperature of the rooms, etc. We can find some interisting studies about this subject. I think they would not think about this... ;)

Allius

ForumCoin: 155

Postby Netherrealmer » 16 Aug 2018, 12:27

Allius wrote:Nice idea :) But, it results?
It would be an awesome case study... Some centuries ago the industry was very interesting in make some studies to maximize the productivity (they were not interested in the workers, only productivity). They made experiences with lights, temperature of the rooms, etc. We can find some interisting studies about this subject. I think they would not think about this... ;)

The results is said to be a success. The employees are more productive.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic