*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Site news and information.

Re: ForumCoin Daily Post Limit Changes - Updated 8 June

Postby CyberFreak » 10 Jun 2015, 15:43

Hi,

I understand the OCD concerns about the number. It would be nice to only deal with intervals of 5 or 10 posts however when there is such a low limit a few posts difference can make alot of difference to users. Increasing it to 20 will not be good for us and will probably result in a drop to 15 at some point. Dropping it to 15 now would be good for us but will limit users a bit more then we would like and as loudawg mentioned, I am sure alot of users here would prefer to be able to earn from an extra couple of posts daily.

It is a careful balance between keeping the forum financially stable and keeping the rewards for members as good as possible. Unfortunately it does sometimes mean that we have to not be so OCD in terms of numbers etc to keep an ideal balance between the 2.

If alot of users feel that the random looking numbers are annoying then in future we can try and round them up or down although it may limit users earnings somewhat.

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Banner Ad

Postby thisnthat » 10 Jun 2015, 18:49

I have two questions: First, do adblockers cause any problems? Do people need to turn it off when entering this site to help with revenue?

Secondly: Is it possible to limit new members (or posters who might be "on probation") to 10 posts until they prove themselves, and allow members in good standing to keep the 25 posts per day, or something like that? I guess it's just easier for everyone to have the same number, which does make sense. The number itself doesn't bother me. No OCD here. I just feel a little put out sometimes when I see people making bogus little posts, and they are rewarded the same (and allowed to make as many posts) as the people who are trying to do a good job...

Just some thoughts. Thanks.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby Sam » 11 Jun 2015, 01:14

thisnthat wrote:First, do adblockers cause any problems? Do people need to turn it off when entering this site to help with revenue?

It'd be great if you could turn your adblocker off as it leads to more impressions/ views on ads. While a lot of people who use adblock swear they never click ads anyway, I highly doubt that. On the sites I've whitelisted (including ForumCoin) I will sometimes find an ad that interests me and click through.

thisnthat wrote:Secondly: Is it possible to limit new members (or posters who might be "on probation") to 10 posts until they prove themselves, and allow members in good standing to keep the 25 posts per day, or something like that?

Seems like a great idea. I suggested a premium membership (where the account has to be in good standing) but any option for HQ posters to have a higher/no limit would be good.

Sam

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 179

Postby CorruptedTycho » 11 Jun 2015, 13:44

Why is it now 17 posts?

CorruptedTycho

ForumCoin: 8

Postby CyberFreak » 11 Jun 2015, 14:38

Read the last 16 or 17 posts above yours... they are about this change.

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby Mark » 12 Jun 2015, 07:12

CyberFreak wrote:Read the last 16 or 17 posts above yours... they are about this change.

I think 17 is good as well. 25 was better, however we can ´t ruin the owner and I prefer long-term board than ruin it and leave.

Mark

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 68

Postby Hugop » 12 Jun 2015, 19:06

I prefer 17posts limit and knowing that this website stays alive than 25posts and knowing that we are the could that this website dies soon.

Last edited by Hugop on 13 Jun 2015, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Hugop

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 1

Postby Masterminor » 13 Jun 2015, 10:45

I wonder, are Fergal and Cyberfreak given the same limitations? I don't think it's fair otherwise.

Masterminor

ForumCoin: 2,095

Postby CyberFreak » 13 Jun 2015, 12:57

Yes we are although I don't think we get anywhere near them though. Personally I would find it hard to even post close to 17 quality posts everyday

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby Masterminor » 13 Jun 2015, 13:16

I actually did hit the limit yesterday. Heck this post right here will be the 12th today. I think 17 is truly too restrictive, especially as new members come, which will bring new information to discuss about. meaning more posting. Most even good posting. I get there would be spam but being too restrictive punishes the people who make quality posts. I don't understand why people spam post anyways. In the long run it's so much more work with all the moderation. It's like my science teacher from freshmen year used to say, "Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing."

Masterminor

ForumCoin: 2,095

Postby Mark » 15 Jun 2015, 12:58

CyberFreak wrote:Yes we are although I don't think we get anywhere near them though. Personally I would find it hard to even post close to 17 quality posts everyday

I agree with you. All the post should be high quality and related to topic, not only "iPhone 6 is a good mobile" and continue to spam to other topic.

Mark

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 68

Postby Fergal » 17 Jun 2015, 06:50

Masterminor wrote:I think 17 is truly too restrictive

It really isn't restrictive. You are welcome to make more than 17 posts, provided that they comply with our forum rules. However, you will only get paid for your first 17 posts in any one day.

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Postby blanqard » 21 Jun 2015, 11:19

Very interesting.. If you could also filter those posts that are just possibly spamming, that would really be great. :)

blanqard

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 35

Postby redalay22 » 23 Jun 2015, 15:02

Thank you for explaining the rules ,
I think That is Good :)

redalay22

ForumCoin: 150

Postby halcyon220 » 24 Jun 2015, 12:12

Everyone complaining about the 17 post limit:

Stop. Don't be so greedy. There is a 17 post limit, which, if you post in the correct subforums, will result in at least $1.00 a day. But that's not the point. The point is to interact with others and act like a normal forum - NOT to make money. If you come here with the idea of JUST making money, you may as well leave now, because although ForumCoin is a great earner, It's about acting as a forum and community. Think of the money as a bonus :lol: and not a reason to be here!

halcyon220

ForumCoin: 207

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Guidelines and Announcements