*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

Re: AMA OldGuy

Postby OldGuy » 08 Jun 2018, 03:24

Well ... I prefer petite figures with a good personality who enjoys (or at least laughs along with) my quirky sense of humor. The hair color is not particularly important. My current flame has blue hair right now. She likes to color her hair different colors quite often so I don't even know her original hair color and it does not matter. If I recall, it was green when we first met.

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Banner Ad

Postby talkerbee » 11 Jun 2018, 06:47

Do you personally believe in souls and reincarnation?

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 34

Postby OldGuy » 11 Jun 2018, 11:54

I believe the soul is the essence of the individual. When someone says "I" did something, they are speaking of actions of the soul.

Everyone already knows this even if they may not acknowledge it. When speaking of the carcass, we speak of things like "my" hand, or "my" leg or "my" body, etc. The body is merely the vehicle we each have to travel this rock called earth. It is the body that ages and eventually fails. When the body dies, the soul moves on to the next level in God's plan. It is absolutely absurd to have any prejudice based on what color the carcass happens to be. No one is given the choice of the carcass they are given for this visit to this rock.

The soul is eternal and never ages. We start out as infants and acquire new knowledge with each experience. You remain the same person your entire life, but hopefully are a bit smarter by the time you are ready to make your exit from "your" current carcass.

According to Scripture, we are only "man" (on earth) once. I do not believe reincarnation brings us back as another. However, I strongly suspect God has many more adventures waiting for us as a different kind of creature on other planets throughout the universe with each visit as nothing more than a field trip with a special assignment to learn more. After all, eternity is longer than time can measure. How can an average of just 70 years be all there is?

OldGuy

Postby Netherrealmer » 16 Jun 2018, 00:06

My Philosophy teacher asked me this question once.

Would you rather save your drowning 90 year old grandmother or a drowning pregnant woman?

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby OldGuy » 16 Jun 2018, 02:38

I don't think this is a question that can be answered truthfully until you find yourself in a situation where this could even be possible.

Since I am not a swimmer, chances are high that if I were confronted with such a situation, I would be in the midst of saving myself first. If I was close enough to either, I might do something to help if I could, but I would not know what until I was involved in the emergency.

I think a level of instinct would push me to do whatever I could to help whichever was close enough to help as one human helping another. I don't think which one would make a difference at that point in time.

OldGuy

Postby talkerbee » 04 Jul 2018, 13:28

What if you are a doctor, which life you save first if they are both in needs - your mother or your wife?
When I was in studying, my proctor said my answer shows immaturity.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 34

Postby OldGuy » 04 Jul 2018, 14:27

There is not enough information in the question to be able to give a complete answer.

If I was a doctor and both were in need of medical help, why would it be necessary to help one and ignore the other? Is there some emergency involved? Is this a rescue mission, or some urgently required surgery? Is death imminent without aid? Am I in the same danger? Answers to these type of questions can affect the answer.

I suspect I would do whatever I could to help the one who needed it most urgently more as an act of instinct than any other factor. Without more information, I can only guess. You never truly know what you would do until faced with such an emergency.

OldGuy

Postby msmoneybags » 04 Jul 2018, 18:48

wow some of those questions are intense! :shock:

How about Dark, Milk or White Chocolate?

msmoneybags

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 265

Postby OldGuy » 04 Jul 2018, 20:54

Personally, I prefer regular milk chocolate.

One of my friends was telling me about the cost of feeding his family. One day, he came home and saw his son in the kitchen. As he watched, his son put scoop after scoop after scoop of chocolate in a cup of milk and he stopped him after the forth scoop, asking him what he thought he was doing.

Well, the kid replied that they had learned in school that dark chocolate was supposedly healthier, and it took that many scoops to make it dark. :lolno:

OldGuy

Postby msmoneybags » 05 Jul 2018, 00:46

oh my gosh!!! :lol: I think had he stirred it up he probably would have had pudding at that point

msmoneybags

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 265

Postby Netherrealmer » 09 Jul 2018, 13:48

Have you ever broken any law? I got arrested for Jaywalking before.

What is your opinion of fennec foxes.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby OldGuy » 09 Jul 2018, 15:33

I plead the 5th. :D

According to the Good Book, no one is immune from making mistakes. We all do things that we regret and in some cases, laws are broken even without intent. Only the truly criminal element with a thick hide and no conscience can ever run for political office because all their mistakes are dragged out for public view. Of course, that leaves us all with kakistrocracies for governments. Let's just say I do not want my past to come back to haunt me, even though I will have to face that at the final curtain.

As for fennec foxes, since they are mostly found in the Sahara and I have never been there, I don't have any opinion about them. I understand that some people like to have them as pets, but even that is controversial. Some enjoy their company, some say they are still a wild animal and can cause problems. I have never seen one, even in a zoo.

OldGuy

Postby Netherrealmer » 12 Jul 2018, 06:00

What is your reaction about the Thai soccer team that got stranded inside a cave for 12 days.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby OldGuy » 12 Jul 2018, 18:31

It is a relief to all concerned that they were rescued and all are now beyond the experience.

However, I wonder why they were in there in the first place?

I remember doing some pretty dumb things as a kid, and some could have brought on the final curtain. I was fortunate enough to have been able to get myself out of my own messes without costing rescuers time, money and in some cases a life or two of those who helped with the rescue mission. On the other hand, I have had my share of being the one doing the rescuing, although I was never paid for my efforts.

In my opinion, if someone gets themselves in a mess and needs to be rescued, they should be receiving the invoice for all costs involved. Sounds like the coach headed up their escapade and he probably should be paying the majority of the rescue mission expenses. Each of the kids went in for the adventure, so they each should pay part as well.

OldGuy

Postby Netherrealmer » 28 Jul 2018, 12:09

This is an ongoing debate right now. Is Kylie Jenner a self made billionaire?

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to AMAs