ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

BackLinking Tip for Your YouTube Channel

Postby cmoneyspinner » 17 Feb 2018, 22:27

"A vlog (or video blog) is a blog that contains video content. The small, but growing, segment of the blogosphere devoted to vlogs is sometimes referred to as the vlogosphere. Some bloggers have included video content for years." Quote Source: What is vlog (video blog)? - Definition from WhatIs.com

Provided the definition above in case my readers were not aware of what a vlog is. I have not as yet begun any vlogging projects. But it's on my To Do List since my YouTube channel has already been set up.

Wish this was my brilliant idea so that I could take full credit for it. But it's not. Would have never thought of it because I didn't know you could do such a thing. I read a suggestion about a strategy for building backlinks for, with, to, from (???) ... YouTube. Apologies for not being able to provide the reference. Honestly? All I remember were the words backlinks and YouTube.

Do you have a YouTube Channel?

Let me rephrase the question.

Many people may or may not know this but if they have Google Plus social account, they have a YouTube Channel linked to it automatically.

* Did you know that your Google Plus profile is (or can be) directly associated with your YouTube account or channel?

Maybe the other G-Plussers knew that, but for me it was an accidental discovery. I was editing my G+ profile and the link appeared. When I realized that I had a YouTube presence I thought I should figure out how to get some value from it.

Exploring my YouTube Channel I found that I could complete an About section on my YouTube channel and show links to my home business websites and blogs, in the hope of redirecting traffic.

What is the business value-add you may ask?

My answer is: I don't know! :?

You would have to ask someone who is knowledgeable about backlinks, YouTube, Google+, etc. But I'm certain there must be some sort of SEO value-add. Otherwise, why would the tech business folks in charge install those features? That's my flawless logic and sticking to it! :)

Additional Helpful References:

- Does Building Backlinks To A YouTube CHANNEL Help it's Videos Rank Higher? (n.d.).

- How I Got High PR Backlinks (6-9) To My New Blog For Free [REVEALED] - Trick Seek. (n.d.).

- Improve Your Site’s SEO With YouTube Backlinks. (n.d.).

So I updated my YT channel "About" Section with links to some of my Cmoneyspinner "stuff" (articles, websites, and blogs) around the web and as I was placing the link, there was a "Help Tip" on the side bar said to put a summary in the YT channel description. I did that too!

ABOUT Treathyl FOX aka Cmoneyspinner – YouTube

This is how the CHANNEL DESCRIPTION reads:

Though my profile links are for my home business projects and many of my subscriptions are also for entrepreneurial endeavors, this YT channel is mainly for my personal collection of music videos. Made a professional connection by way of social media and when viewing the person's business profile noticed there was a section for the kind of music they enjoyed. A person's musical tastes says a lot about their personality. Thought to myself: 'What a great idea!'

I do know that you can monetize your YouTube channel if you upload videos and link your Google Ad Sense. Fellow home biz entrepreneurs have recommended it, but I'm not that advanced with my knowledge of Internet technology. For now, my YouTube activity, is limited to finding music and educational or instructional videos to help me with my home business projects and enhancing my online web presence and reputation. My vlogging projects are a "To Do" item on my task list. However, implementing the vlog/backlink strategy is now checked off and on my "Done!" list. :thumbup:

So! What I've explained in this article. Is it clear as MUD? :lol:

Feel free to ask questions. I know sometimes my thought process is not so easy to follow.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 52

Re: BackLinking Tip for Your YouTube Channel

Postby raaman » 18 Feb 2018, 06:29

Very great, useful and interesting article. I have read it now...but once is not enough... so... By the way, are you aware of any good vlogs where I can get some useful information? By the way, thank you for writing and sharing this great article.

raaman

ForumCoin: 1,237

Postby Amans1234 » 18 Feb 2018, 10:44

Thanks for the helpful post. Keep up the great work!!! :thumbup:

Amans1234

ForumCoin: 582

Postby Happyland » 18 Feb 2018, 15:06

cmoneyspinner wrote:Many people may or may not know this but if they have Google Plus social account, they have a YouTube Channel linked to it automatically. * Did you know that your Google Plus profile is (or can be) directly associated with your YouTube account or channel?

That sounds similar to how if you are in your email and you go to youtube you now are signed into youtube as well. Many companies will "automatically" sign you into their companion sites. Not sure if that is good or bad, especially since we never asked for the other site in the first place. Some things are done without your explicit consent (or we just did not read all of the terms of service and privacy policy). Their subscriber numbers are magically great. More advertisers come. Revenue flows. Wall street is pleased. Never ending circle. Average individual users/consumers don't make any money from all of this.

Happyland

ForumCoin: 458

Postby raaman » 18 Feb 2018, 17:09

Happyland wrote:Average individual users/consumers don't make any money from all of this.

Why? They all are generous enough to pay us peanuts and broken peanuts for your/my time and efforts! What more can we expect? In fact, we should appreciate their generosity. In a world where 'Mother' Theresa appeared, there are people like this too! God bless them.

raaman

Postby cmoneyspinner » 19 Feb 2018, 18:17

raaman wrote:Very great, useful and interesting article. I have read it now...but once is not enough... so... By the way, are you aware of any good vlogs where I can get some useful information? By the way, thank you for writing and sharing this great article.

You might find these helpful.

Stephan Hovnanian
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5We6O ... WHmiFu5YGQ

Google Webmasters
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWf2Zl ... 9VBF_awNvA

-- 19 Feb 2018, 12:19 --

Happyland wrote:
cmoneyspinner wrote:Many people may or may not know this but if they have Google Plus social account, they have a YouTube Channel linked to it automatically. * Did you know that your Google Plus profile is (or can be) directly associated with your YouTube account or channel?

That sounds similar to how if you are in your email and you go to youtube you now are signed into youtube as well. Many companies will "automatically" sign you into their companion sites. Not sure if that is good or bad, especially since we never asked for the other site in the first place. Some things are done without your explicit consent (or we just did not read all of the terms of service and privacy policy). Their subscriber numbers are magically great. More advertisers come. Revenue flows. Wall street is pleased. Never ending circle. Average individual users/consumers don't make any money from all of this.

Google does give you the option to NOT LINK your G+ profile with your YouTube Channel. It's not mandatory. But I thought the connection would be useful.

-- 19 Feb 2018, 12:22 --

raaman wrote:
Happyland wrote:Average individual users/consumers don't make any money from all of this.

Why? They all are generous enough to pay us peanuts and broken peanuts for your/my time and efforts! What more can we expect? In fact, we should appreciate their generosity. In a world where 'Mother' Theresa appeared, there are people like this too! God bless them.

Not sure I follow your logic. :?
I'm a consumer; an average grocery store shopper. When I buy grocery from the store, I don't usually make any money. But I do derive a benefit from the products or goods. :D

cmoneyspinner

Postby raaman » 20 Feb 2018, 06:58

cmoneyspinner wrote:Not sure I follow your logic.
I'm a consumer; an average grocery store shopper. When I buy grocery from the store, I don't usually make any money. But I do derive a benefit from the products or goods.

You did not follow my logic?! Quite possible. Because, there is no logic involved in my reply. I expressed my anger, disgust and frustration in a 'sarcastic' way. We all are consumers in one way or the other in our life. I am talking about the way how online sites are paying pittance after utilizing our time and efforts. It is so pathetic or bad that you can not pay either your monthly electricity bill or telephone (internet) bill with what you earn online.

raaman

Postby cmoneyspinner » 20 Feb 2018, 18:20

raaman wrote:
cmoneyspinner wrote:Not sure I follow your logic.
I'm a consumer; an average grocery store shopper. When I buy grocery from the store, I don't usually make any money. But I do derive a benefit from the products or goods.

You did not follow my logic?! Quite possible. Because, there is no logic involved in my reply. I expressed my anger, disgust and frustration in a 'sarcastic' way. We all are consumers in one way or the other in our life. I am talking about the way how online sites are paying pittance after utilizing our time and efforts. It is so pathetic or bad that you can not pay either your monthly electricity bill or telephone (internet) bill with what you earn online.

I see. Or rather ... this is what I see.

Are you not considering that the site owners are paying all the bills and allowing you to use their site for free?

I mean I get that our time and efforts have a value. We like to believe that our work is worth more than peanuts. Especially if you, at one time, had a full time job and got a steady paycheck which was enough to pay the bills; and now you're working online, practically all day and only earning a few pennies or maybe dollars on a good day.

But I also get that I'm not paying any of the expenses for running the site; buying a domain name. paying for hosting, advertising, etc.

No. I don't follow your logic and don't get why you're so angry. The site owners don't even have to allow you at their site at all. We are allowed to be there by their good grace. Although if you're angry because your time and efforts were used and you didn't paid at all? I get it. Been there. Done that.

As for the peanuts that we get paid? Well! When we signed up at the site, we did agree to the payment terms. :?

cmoneyspinner

Return to Articles & Tutorials