*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

TO LIE OR NOT TO LIE

Postby ebanreb » 04 Dec 2017, 16:54

Sometimes we are in a situation where we are confronted with so many problems which lead to a point to make a decision whether to lie or not to lie.
What if you are confronted with a problem where your father? Or your brother killed someone would you lie or not to lie during investigation? Would you cover up the actions that your father or your brother did?
To lie or not to lie?

ebanreb

ForumCoin: 89

Banner Ad

Re: TO LIE OR NOT TO LIE

Postby sprite1950 » 04 Dec 2017, 17:13

No I would not cover up a serious crime for anyone. My son has been in trouble with the police and when they questioned me I answered honestly although it wasn't a murder. I could not stand by anyone who had taken another person's life even if he/she was related to me. It wouldn't do the person who committed the crime any good and I could not live with myself to know I had lied about something so serious.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby ebanreb » 04 Dec 2017, 17:39

sprite1950 wrote:No I would not cover up a serious crime for anyone. My son has been in trouble with the police and when they questioned me I answered honestly although it wasn't a murder. I could not stand by anyone who had taken another person's life even if he/she was related to me. It wouldn't do the person who committed the crime any good and I could not live with myself to know I had lied about something so serious.

You are correct with that my friend. Truth will always prevail. Even if he or she is your relative or son or daughter you need to inform the polive about it. He or she deserve to be penalized for the actions that he or she did.

ebanreb

Postby Lexi » 04 Dec 2017, 17:48

One shouldn't have to think about whether to lie or not. Children are taught not to lie and so as adults they shouldn't. In the scenario given, to lie is actually a criminal offense by hindering a police investigation therefore, lying would be wrong as well as counterproductive.

Simple lies that aren't facts but an opinion are different, such as 'do you like my hair?' are on a different scale. You can be honest if it's bad, or just say it looks fine to make someone feel better. Lying in a legal capacity will always end badly.

Lexi

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 534

Postby cmoneyspinner » 04 Dec 2017, 19:30

A lie is willful and deliberate intent to deceive.

That's how someone explained or defined a LIE to me. They told me to use that as my guide.

Another guide that I use? Jesus called Satan the father of lies.

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” John 8:44

I don't know much, but I do know if there is deception or deceit involved in something you're doing, then it's not good.

If it's not good then it must be bad or evil. Also I don't like the idea of being one of Satan's children.

So the answer is NO.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby ebanreb » 04 Dec 2017, 21:21

Lexi wrote:One shouldn't have to think about whether to lie or not. Children are taught not to lie and so as adults they shouldn't. In the scenario given, to lie is actually a criminal offense by hindering a police investigation therefore, lying would be wrong as well as counterproductive.

Simple lies that aren't facts but an opinion are different, such as 'do you like my hair?' are on a different scale. You can be honest if it's bad, or just say it looks fine to make someone feel better. Lying in a legal capacity will always end badly.

You are correct with that. Children should not be taught to lie. Do not let them think that lying is correct. I think as parents they should teach the right manners and action.

--- 04 Dec 2017, 21:23 ---

cmoneyspinner wrote:A lie is willful and deliberate intent to deceive.

That's how someone explained or defined a LIE to me. They told me to use that as my guide.

Another guide that I use? Jesus called Satan the father of lies.

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” John 8:44

I don't know much, but I do know if there is deception or deceit involved in something you're doing, then it's not good.

If it's not good then it must be bad or evil. Also I don't like the idea of being one of Satan's children.

So the answer is NO.

This is absolutely correct. If you try to go with the side of evil you become sons and daughters of evil or satan. If you did something wrong you should be responsible enough to face the consequences. You are responsible enough to answer every penalty that your action made.

ebanreb

Postby lisasteinmetz69 » 05 Dec 2017, 00:32

Lying will not get me anywhere except in trouble. I can get into trouble on my own I don't need anyone's help getting there. lol So lying for someone would be a no.

lisasteinmetz69

ForumCoin: 251

Postby ebanreb » 05 Dec 2017, 02:05

lisasteinmetz69 wrote:Lying will not get me anywhere except in trouble. I can get into trouble on my own I don't need anyone's help getting there. lol So lying for someone would be a no.

This is absolutely correct my friend. Lying will not give you medals, lying will not give you reward. Better tell the truth and God later on will reward you not here but in his kingdom.

ebanreb

Postby Musati » 05 Dec 2017, 06:48

Doing the right thing is always important. So yes i would tell the truth even if it hurts.

Musati

ForumCoin: 109

Postby ebanreb » 06 Dec 2017, 23:21

This is true doing the right thing will never make you wrong. Unless right things are use to make evil things. People are not perfect but we want to be as good as we can be. Learn to embrace goodness because nothing will make you harm.

ebanreb

Postby verity » 08 Dec 2017, 09:04

these is a really tough discussion topics its hard when involve is your family members!

verity

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 10

Postby ebanreb » 09 Dec 2017, 01:05

Yeah it is difficult when one of your family is involved in a certain crime and you need to say the truth about it. I think for me I would prefer telling the truth. we have to accept the fact that one of our family members will be punished of what he did.

ebanreb

Postby tabzy24 » 14 Dec 2017, 06:10

its not good to lie but sometimes u need too specially if u know that someone or somebody will be in big trouble.. u need to tell a white lies to protect them.

tabzy24

ForumCoin: 32

Postby verity » 18 Dec 2017, 02:50

tabzy24 wrote:its not good to lie but sometimes u need too specially if u know that someone or somebody will be in big trouble.. u need to tell a white lies to protect them.
thats right but i choose to lie in a safety of a family members!

verity

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 10

Postby ceci » 21 Dec 2017, 14:39

I always shut my mouth instead.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic