*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Do you ever forget passwords?

Postby JASPREET » 13 Nov 2017, 10:37

SUPERSINGH wrote:
mildredtabitha wrote:I can forget passwords if I don't use them for almost 2 years. Nowadays, I use passwords that are almost similar and so it is hard to forget. :D

Nice to know, even i like to have similar passwords but sometimes i forgot them and then i need to check the forgot password option and it wastes a lot of time

happens with me a lot and that's why i also try to have same password for websites

JASPREET

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 109

Banner Ad

Postby nakitakona » 13 Nov 2017, 10:41

tusziget wrote: I am keeping my passwords in a little notebook.I t is better this way,so I can be sure,if I'm foregetting,I can find them in my notebook.

I am already 66 years old. I almost forget things. I have several email addresses, Facebook account and fan pages, several websites and social media accounts. They are impossible to remember their passwords. What I did is to have a little book or a diary which has all my passwords. I always carry it. I even let my grandchildren keep it when I need them she's always ready to supply those things.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Postby malot12 » 14 Nov 2017, 15:41

As I am always forgetful unintentionally. I tend to write everything and post it to remind me of what should i be done and helps me remember important matters. With that, even password use must also be the same for me to easily remember. Aside form it, in my laptop and Cellphone, it is remembered and save for easy login and retrieval

malot12

ForumCoin: 64

Postby chekdn » 18 Nov 2017, 11:40

Sometimes i struggle to log in on some sites with the password i thought i have created. Though i do write some password in a book and hide somewhere, but when i still try to no avail, i conclude that either i have forgotten it or it is some error. And sometimes i end up changing the password to a new one.

chekdn

ForumCoin: 406

Postby anorona » 19 Nov 2017, 03:43

i used hints for every password that i used so that i will be able to remember it easily.

anorona

ForumCoin: 308

Postby Yugocean » 19 Nov 2017, 10:43

sprite1950 wrote:I lost my Steemit password which is a big no no. If you do that with them you cannot get it back so I had to start a new account with a different email. Then I realised I couldn't use the same phone no which they ask you to verify your account with so I had to use my granddaughter's phone no. to get the code they send. I hope it works and I will make sure I write it down this time :?
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this in seemit. I actually use a type of my password that I can always remember even different passwords.

Yugocean

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 3,958

Postby aecel » 27 Dec 2017, 09:46

Yes, sometimes I forgot my passwords but after recovering it I listed them in notepad so if ever I forgot again I have my notes. You can write it down on a piece of paper all of your passwords it's a big help in case you forgot your passwords.

aecel

ForumCoin: 391

Postby darrensurrey » 27 Dec 2017, 10:02

Rarely. It's only those sites who decide to be different like forcing you to have a certain password or restricting the minimum or maximum number of characters or types of characters.

A nice way of creating a unique password for each site is as follows.

Take the first two letters of a website's name eg Fo

Pick a word you will remember such as your favourite city eg Copenhagen

Pick a 5 digit number eg 12345

This creates your unique password for this site: FoCopenhagen12345

If for whatever reason you want to change it (or are forced to change it), just add 1: FoCopenhagen12346

So your Amazon password would be AmCopenhagen12345.

Easy for you to remember (or get after a couple of goes), hard for anyone to guess or any machine to hack.

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 88

Postby Yugocean » 27 Dec 2017, 12:37

I used to forget, but now I have a made up password which I do not forget and others do not remember even if I tell them.

Yugocean

ForumCoin: 3,958

Postby OldGuy » 27 Dec 2017, 20:18

I use the initials of each word in a specific sentence that relates to my life for the core of all my passwords and then add just a few initials with punctuation that are obvious for each site. The core sentence is varied and long enough by itself to be highly secure according to the password security tests. When I add in the few last key letters that relate to a specific site, they are different for each site, impossible for me to forget and almost impossible to crack by hackers since the core sentence is meaningless to anyone else.

OldGuy

ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby neuralnet » 27 Dec 2017, 21:03

I use a password manager. The manager generates random passwords, and then stores them, so I don't have to remember when logging in, I can just click a button.

neuralnet
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 10

Postby Streamguy69 » 27 Dec 2017, 21:05

Sometimes I do if I have not been on the site for a while.. I use different passwords and change them periodically . :)

Streamguy69

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 437

Postby augusta » 29 Dec 2017, 06:31

The best bet not to forget one's password is having one password for all sites but I think this can be a bit risky though

augusta

ForumCoin: 11

Postby Chameli » 27 Mar 2018, 20:02

Forgeting password is very common problem. Therefore, I save passwords in my broswer as well as save on a word file.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Kei » 29 Mar 2018, 05:32

I have a unique combination of words and numbers that I always use. Some sites have specific requirements so I just changed it up a little bit. I also use autosave so I can always go to my passwords on my Google account to recover it if I ever forget.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 229

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News