*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Plug your link, website, blog post, social media profile, YouTube video, etc. Win ForumCoin!

Anhedonia

Postby Allius » 10 Apr 2017, 19:48

Do you know what anhedonia is? In this little video we explain what that symptom is :)
(The audio is in portuguese, but the video has english subtitles)

Allius

ForumCoin: 155

Banner Ad

Re: Anhedonia

Postby mildredtabitha » 22 Oct 2017, 10:33

I will watch the video when I access a computer but I know it is inability to feel pleasure when doing activities that people consider to be pleasurable.

I don't know if people are born with it or if anyone can experience Anhedonia at any stage of their life. But I think it will be hard to know if you have it because I think the person will feel like they are normal.

mildredtabitha

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 2

Postby talkerbee » 22 Oct 2017, 11:26

Due to the poor signal internet connection, I am unable to view the video. First time to encounter that word. But according to Mildredtabitha's post,
mildredtabitha wrote:I will watch the video when I access a computer but I know it is inability to feel pleasure when doing activities that people consider to be pleasurable.

I don't know if people are born with it or if anyone can experience Anhedonia at any stage of their life. But I think it will be hard to know if you have it because I think the person will feel like they are normal.

Is it a kind of mental disorder? Or some types of depression?

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 34

Postby KloeRinz » 22 Oct 2017, 11:37

Nah it's not a type of depression or a mental disorder. Anhedonia is simply a symptom in which a person stops feeling pleasure from activities that he used to enjoy and others normally delight in.

KloeRinz

ForumCoin: 46

Postby talkerbee » 22 Oct 2017, 12:35

KloeRinz wrote:Nah it's not a type of depression or a mental disorder. Anhedonia is simply a symptom in which a person stops feeling pleasure from activities that he used to enjoy and others normally delight in.

Thanks for answering my question. A rare case! Can people really experience on it? As far as I know, each one of us has standard of what pleasure is. In some other situation, you may found unpleasure but for others it was pleasurable.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 34

Postby mildredtabitha » 23 Oct 2017, 15:14

talkerbee wrote:Due to the poor signal internet connection, I am unable to view the video. First time to encounter that word. But according to Mildredtabitha's post,
mildredtabitha wrote:I will watch the video when I access a computer but I know it is inability to feel pleasure when doing activities that people consider to be pleasurable.

I think it is. Maybe if I compare it to Apathy where you have lost interest in something you used to do or like. But people can recover from Apathy.

I think Anhedonia is serious and people rarely talk about it because we might assume they are just bored or not interested.

mildredtabitha

Postby mimi » 23 Oct 2017, 15:58

mildredtabitha wrote:
talkerbee wrote:Due to the poor signal internet connection, I am unable to view the video. First time to encounter that word. But according to Mildredtabitha's post,

I think it is. Maybe if I compare it to Apathy where you have lost interest in something you used to do or like. But people can recover from Apathy.

I think Anhedonia is serious and people rarely talk about it because we might assume they are just bored or not interested.
I believe that anhedonia is an emotional illness, And the people who suffer it need help from their loved ones and also from their son efforts.

mimi

ForumCoin: 51

Postby mildredtabitha » 24 Oct 2017, 04:37

@mimi I believe you are right but I also think it would be difficult to know who has the condition. This type of illness is not widely known but I am sure some of us have come across people with Anhedonia and we might have also assumed they are not interested.

I also think people with the condition feel normal because they are used to being like that

mildredtabitha

Your Ad Here.

Return to Link & Video Plugs - Win ForumCoin