*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Site news and information.

Must Read > New way to earn Forum Coin - Referrals!

Postby CyberFreak » 25 Sep 2013, 07:17

We have today introduced a new way for you to earn Forum Coin and that is by referring users to us. All you need to do is grab your referral link here and start promoting. You will get 25 Forum Coin for every active referral that joins under you.

In order to deter cheating and fake accounts, we require referrals to achieve 20 posts before the referrer gets the 25 Forum Coin bonus. When your referral makes their 20th post, the 25 Forum Coin should be automatically added to your account.

You can see all the users you have referred on this page - ucp.php?i=referral&mode=referrals

The post requirement and the amount you earn per referral is subject to change. If you encounter any issues, feel free to post here or send either me or Fergal a PM.

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Banner Ad

Re: New way to earn Forum Coin - Referrals!

Postby jacktheking » 25 Sep 2013, 07:23

Fowler wrote:We have today introduced a new way for you to earn Forum Coin and that is by referring users to us. All you need to do is grab your referral link here and start promoting. You will get 25 Forum for every active referral that joins under you.

Typo error. Great feature! I will try to get some active member here. It would be better if you could display some referral banner in the referral page?

jacktheking
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 162

Postby TimeRider » 25 Sep 2013, 09:40

Nice feature Fowler! Now, more chances to make some ForumCoin! :)

TimeRider

ForumCoin: 7

Postby CyberFreak » 25 Sep 2013, 18:11

jacktheking wrote:
Fowler wrote:We have today introduced a new way for you to earn Forum Coin and that is by referring users to us. All you need to do is grab your referral link here and start promoting. You will get 25 Forum for every active referral that joins under you.

Typo error. Great feature! I will try to get some active member here. It would be better if you could display some referral banner in the referral page?
Thanks... It has been fixed.

Re. a referral banner, unfortunately neither me or Fergal are good when it comes to graphics so we will need to get someone to make one for us. For the time being you can either use a text link or the referral sized image we have available
affiliate.png

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby shamzblueworld » 26 Sep 2013, 03:24

Its a good initiative, but the FC amount is a little disappointing, just 25 FC?

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 274

Postby Fergal » 26 Sep 2013, 09:05

shamzblueworld wrote:Its a good initiative, but the FC amount is a little disappointing, just 25 FC?

shamzblueworld we feel that it is quite a good reward for referring someone to the forum. The issue with making the reward higher, would be that we would get members who refer people just to get the reward. When this happens, we end up with new members who make the required minimum number of posts to count as a referral and who then never show up on the forum again. In other words, setting the referral reward too high can encourage a lot of spam on the forum.

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 12,003

Postby Arpit » 04 Dec 2013, 19:30

Does we get 25fc every time our referral post 20 posts ?

Arpit

ForumCoin: 92

Postby Bananaman » 06 Dec 2013, 20:01

Arpit wrote:Does we get 25fc every time our referral post 20 posts ?

All information is in the first post.

Bananaman

ForumCoin: 215

Postby draco99 » 22 Dec 2013, 10:16

This is a good idea and a nice way to get activity. Hopefully people don't cheat and make alt-accounts. That just isn't cool. :o

draco99

ForumCoin: 14

Postby CyberFreak » 03 Jan 2014, 19:22

Any user caught trying to cheat will lose out ;)

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby yashrajkarthikey2 » 31 Dec 2014, 13:25

Thanks, I am using your suggestions on my blog

yashrajkarthikey2

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 9

Postby Jybraek » 05 Jan 2015, 09:46

Is it possible to check whether or not my referral link has been driving in traffic. I have been posting it on a few forums but don't know if anyone joined up under me or not...

Jybraek

ForumCoin: 1,308

Postby CyberFreak » 05 Jan 2015, 19:18

You can find if any users have joined up under your link here - ucp.php?i=referral&mode=referrals

It also lists the number of referrals (if greater than 1) under your post count and location under your avatar on the left of the screen in topics.

It isn't possible to track how many people have clicked your link yet though.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby Jybraek » 06 Jan 2015, 13:23

Ah alright thank you for the information Cyberfreak. So I guess noone joined my referral link. Meh wish I can see how many people visited the website using my link though.

Jybraek

ForumCoin: 1,308

Postby CyberFreak » 08 Jan 2015, 14:45

If more people start using the referral system, I will develop it further to include a counter to show the number of hits. In the mean time you could use a service like this - http://linktrack.info/

It should allow you to mask your referral link and record the number of clicks you get through their website. If you have your own webhosting, you could use YOURLS to create a "short" url and use that script to track clicks. We use YOURLS here for the random redirect. If you however over any link you will see it is a forumcoin.com/go/something url which redirects to whatever the destination site is. This allows us to track how many clicks each link gets and also allows us to show how many clicks overall.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Guidelines and Announcements