*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Free or Paid Apps

Postby raaman » 18 Sep 2017, 12:06

happycamper wrote:If you want a really good app for writing like microsoft word, google docs (you will require a gmail account) is amazing! its exactly like microsoft word except you can also take it everywhere with you because it is all stored online !

That's a good piece of info you have shared. So far I have not tried Google doc. Now I think I should. Thank you for sharing.

raaman

ForumCoin: 2,973

Banner Ad

Postby oldfriend » 18 Sep 2017, 12:36

raaman wrote:
happycamper wrote:If you want a really good app for writing like microsoft word, google docs (you will require a gmail account) is amazing! its exactly like microsoft word except you can also take it everywhere with you because it is all stored online !

That's a good piece of info you have shared. So far I have not tried Google doc. Now I think I should. Thank you for sharing.

Also you can reach Google docs from your email no matter which or who's computer you are on.

I will use them on my Ipad when I am giving a talk to a group of people. Easy to share and use.

I also use a "Calendar/Reminder program called "Evernote." It is free but I use the paid version. When I am traveling and want to keep a receipt of a purchase, I just take a picture and file it in a special folder I have created for the trip I am on.

It then, will immediately update my Iphone, Ipad, and computers so I can access the receipt from any of the devices I choose.

I am always wondering when the Post Office, Library, and other establishments are open. So, I just take a picture of their operating hours and put it in a folder. Then, when I am wondering if the library is open, I just pull up the hours on my phone.

I can also share information with some of my friends who is using Evernote too. I use it for traveling, boarding passes, and flight connections.

It has an excellent "Search" so if you forget where you put something, you only need a word or so and it will find it quickly.

Oldfriend

oldfriend

ForumCoin: 124

Postby FeedMeMore » 18 Sep 2017, 13:56

Paid apps don't have ads and good to support the developer and thanking him for his time and app :clap:

FeedMeMore

ForumCoin: 209

Postby raaman » 19 Sep 2017, 07:33

oldfriend wrote:Wordpress editor provides me with the syntax so I can write faster.

If it is so, I should also try it. So far, I was not knowing this.

raaman

Postby huggy212 » 19 Sep 2017, 08:35

I always use free apps although they have lots of ads but I can still use the app decently. It jist takes around 5 seconds to close the ad and for me it really ok. Those ads pay them and one way to support that useful application is by installing that application being showed on the ad.

huggy212

ForumCoin: 372

Postby hanutahir » 19 Sep 2017, 10:16

I use only free apps i think free apps are better than paid ones.

hanutahir

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 313

Postby SUPERSINGH » 19 Sep 2017, 13:37

I mostly install the free applications and i think they are worth. Never tried any paid applications and it may not be worth to try them out :mrgreen:

SUPERSINGH
Banned

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 2,964

Postby SHOHANA » 19 Sep 2017, 13:59

never used paid app but used free earning apps like rabadaba, baymack , bagloo etc and those were good but you need patience to be there and earn, i'm impatient so I quit honestly and some apps are no longer exist.

SHOHANA

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 251

Postby raaman » 19 Sep 2017, 14:01

oldfriend wrote:I also use a "Calendar/Reminder program called "Evernote."

Some time back, I also saw this 'evernote'. But at that time, it seemed to be a little complicated to understand and make use of it for which I don't have that much time. So I left it for a later date.

raaman

Postby anorona » 22 Sep 2017, 09:04

I always go for free apps. But in case I am in need of those paid app, then maybe I will purchase. Somehow, it confused me why some of the paid applications on appstore are more expensive than playstore.

anorona

ForumCoin: 308

Postby ruthmongare » 22 Sep 2017, 09:08

Paid apps because most people would love to be compensated for the data that's they usually use to access those apps.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 66

Postby tusziget » 22 Sep 2017, 09:52

I like to use free applications.Why to pay for something,that I can receive even free?It must be something unique an application to make me pay for it.Free things are the best in life :D

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby raaman » 22 Sep 2017, 17:50

oldfriend wrote:It has an excellent "Search"

Since you said so much about 'evernote', I am going to try it.

raaman

Postby chekdn » 25 Sep 2017, 07:50

oldfriend wrote:Depends.

I use Photoshop 6 that I bought off of Ebay for $20. Works great.

Then Paint.net is FREE and very good too.

Then I use Notepad ++ for my web sites. However, with websites like Wordpress, I am using Notepad ++ less.

So I always look for free first because usually there is a program somewhere that will do what you need to do unless you are a professional web designer.

Oldfriend
I thought adobe products were very costly. If you bought photoshop 6 on ebay for only $20 then it's good. Hope it came with the key, or you would have to purchase the key again?

chekdn

ForumCoin: 406

Postby mybarya » 25 Sep 2017, 10:34

My computing requirements are simple, and there are always free, often open source alternatives to paid apps on the market, so I tend to use them. Of course, with the caveat that I get what I pay for, there are surprisingly high-quality free apps out there, like Linux and OpenOffice. I have yet to justify purchasing an app, when there are always free alternatives, with almost the same feature set, and the same level of quality, as the paid version. Even special purpose apps like image and video editing, there are free, high-quality alternatives available.

mybarya

ForumCoin: 31

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News