*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Laptop versus desktop

Postby thisnthat » 22 Aug 2017, 14:26

I love my PC, but I wouldn't mind having a laptop as well. I'm saving up for a good one for my daughter now, so she'll have it when she goes off to college. After that, maybe I'll save up for one for me.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Banner Ad

Postby Angie10 » 22 Aug 2017, 14:53

I'm most accustomed to working on a laptop although sometimes I work on my husband's desktop. I don't think I have a preference because it's not as if I ever take my laptop anywhere. If we had extra money, I'd probably want to have a desktop, a laptop as well as a tablet.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby thisnthat » 22 Aug 2017, 15:03

Angie10 wrote:I'm most accustomed to working on a laptop although sometimes I work on my husband's desktop. I don't think I have a preference because it's not as if I ever take my laptop anywhere. If we had extra money, I'd probably want to have a desktop, a laptop as well as a tablet.

I'll take one of each, please. :D

I can't do a thing on my phone, since the screen is too small. It's much too straining for my eyes. Maybe I should consider a tablet.

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 383

Postby Zebis » 27 Aug 2017, 09:39

There was a time I preferred desktop over laptop. But as time goes on I seem to understand why laptop was invented and it's numerous benefits like carrying it about wherever u go. Charging it and using it without power supply for up to 5 hours. So I prefer laptop over desktop

Zebis

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1

Postby palvis » 28 Aug 2017, 07:02

I choose laptop.

-- 28 Aug 2017, 07:03 --

Zebis wrote:There was a time I preferred desktop over laptop. But as time goes on I seem to understand why laptop was invented and it's numerous benefits like carrying it about wherever u go. Charging it and using it without power supply for up to 5 hours. So I prefer laptop over desktop

That's a fact.

palvis
Banned

ForumCoin: 20

Postby Judas2018 » 29 Aug 2017, 01:50

I still prefer desktops over laptops. I might get a laptop one day but the tiny keyboard, lack of maneuverability without a mouse, and battery issues are all things I worry about.

Judas2018

ForumCoin: 20

Postby sommax » 29 Aug 2017, 17:37

I prefer laptop. It's portable and more convenient for me.

sommax

ForumCoin: 70

Postby chekdn » 31 Aug 2017, 20:37

For me, the portability of laptop as compared to desktop is something I really like. Though I do not completely hate desktop, however I would always prefer laptop.

chekdn

ForumCoin: 406

Postby Rock1987 » 01 Sep 2017, 09:10

Laptop and desktop have their own significance. For me if I want mobility, then it is laptop otherwise for heavy games and applications it is desktop. Laptop is expensive and less durable compared to desktop, but you can take it everywhere.

Rock1987

ForumCoin: 189

Postby Shailabh » 02 Sep 2017, 04:46

I think a laptop is a good option because Laptop is portable. The advantage of using Laptop is battery option and I can carry my laptop anywhere but this option is not for Desktop. Recently I saw a portable desktop just like a tablet. The only difference is that a size was bigger than a tablet. It's also a good option because we can use as a both Desktop and Laptop.

Shailabh

ForumCoin: 413

Postby raaman » 02 Sep 2017, 13:00

Gifted wrote:which one you prefer, desktop or laptop;

I prefer both. Reason? Each has its own utility.

raaman

ForumCoin: 2,973

Postby Heatman » 02 Sep 2017, 19:10

Personally, I prefer laptops over desktop for the obvious reason of its portability and mobility. I am the kind of person who finds it very difficult of being confined in one work station because I simply cannot move the desktop.

Laptops gives me the liberty to move freely and also the opportunity to work from any place of my choice. It might be my home, school, office, bank, or even on an outing with friends.

Heatman

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2

Postby Silvermist » 02 Sep 2017, 20:27

Though I have both Desktop and Laptop, these days I prefer desktop , except when I am traveling.But,I think both
have their plus points.I do not think I can give up use of either one of them.

Silvermist

ForumCoin: 983

Postby rz3300 » 03 Sep 2017, 00:51

I am still glad that I at least have access to a desktop these days. I could easily do without one, but for whatever reason Iend to get more done when I sit in front of a desktop.

rz3300

ForumCoin: 110

Postby mildredtabitha » 03 Sep 2017, 02:54

I have a laptop but mine is heavy and I cannot carry it around comfortably. I think a laptop would be good when using it at home especially if you have no enough space to accommodate a desktop.

When I go to school, library or even the workplace, I find desktops to be more useful because I can access them there.

mildredtabitha

ForumCoin: 2

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology