*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Laptop versus desktop

Postby Gifted » 05 Aug 2017, 16:46

Hello friends, let us deliberate on which one you prefer, destop or laptop;
In my opinion both are good and useful depending on where you want to use it. But I prefer laptop because its portable, you can carry it along and perform your task anywhere anytime unlike destop , infact you can use it on laps while watching the television. Now let us know the one you can comfortably work with.

Gifted

ForumCoin: 15

Banner Ad

Re: Laptop versus desktop

Postby cmoneyspinner » 05 Aug 2017, 19:00

* * There was once a time when desktop was my preference. But then my kids gave me a laptop with a wireless connection. I like it much better. I can move all over the house with it. If my husband wants to get rest, I can go downstairs to work. If we want to watch the TV together, I can go back upstairs to our room, work on my laptop and be entertained. The laptop get two thumbs up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Still can't do mobile or Kindle though. It strains my eyes.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby morgoodie » 05 Aug 2017, 19:53

I like both and have both but I use my laptop more now than my desktop. My kids use the desktop now since they aren't allowed to use my laptop. I like that I can sit on my couch or chair and work on my laptop while I am watching TV or just being with my kids. It is much more convenient. Plus, if we go anywhere and stay over then I can bring my laptop with me.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby purple19 » 05 Aug 2017, 21:12

I prefer laptop as i can carry it wherever i go and is also lightweight and i don't have desktop in my home so i only use laptop

purple19

ForumCoin: 348

Postby Daniel » 06 Aug 2017, 02:20

I've enjoyed this laptop that I have for the basic uses that I have been using it for...however when it comes to tasks that require much more computing power I tend to lean more on the side of a PC because even if you get a laptop with equivalent power...which typically you won't...then you will have battery issues and will end up plugged in most of the time anyway. However, it still stands that you would still be able to take it anywhere....with a power outlet.

Daniel

ForumCoin: 1

Postby rubikz » 06 Aug 2017, 19:14

I prefer laptop because of its portability and space saving. But I plan on getting a PC someday for more heavy tasks.

rubikz

ForumCoin: 17

Postby Happyland » 07 Aug 2017, 15:17

Laptops have grown in popularity over the years. They have gotten more powerful and allow you to be mobile. Even tablet sales have risen sharply since they were first introduced. What are some reasons to draw people to a desktop?

Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Postby Caleb » 07 Aug 2017, 17:00

Previously, it had been desktop, but recently, laptops have taken over. I'll go for laptops anytime and anyday over the desktop. As someone who loves watching movies, the laptop gives me the opportunity to watch any movie I want to watch anywhere I feel like watching it. I can even move with the laptop to the restroom if I want to.

Also, in this era of video calls, laptops have made things very easy. One can call his wife and watch her as she cooks in the kitchen, this way both couples feel the presence of the other while being involved in other activities. All these wouldn't have been possible with a desktop, because it isn't as portable as a laptop.

Caleb

ForumCoin: 5

Postby joehue » 07 Aug 2017, 23:30

I need them both. laptop to carry around whenever I go, it's also easier to reach all the functionalities.
I need a Desktop though for the heavy work, like leaving it on for days, downloading something, or treating it like a guinea pig for a new experiment.

joehue

ForumCoin: 8

Postby castbound » 08 Aug 2017, 05:14

Desktops all the way . Laptops are way more expensive ( a good lap top ) and can have heating issues unless you buy from a good brand such as AlienWare or ASUS gaming laptops. I do plan to buy a laptop though because of my work that I want to do.

castbound

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 4

Postby augusta » 17 Aug 2017, 12:26

Laptop all the way,it portable,can move around with,rechargeable and can be used everywhere.

augusta

ForumCoin: 8

Postby iyanpol12 » 18 Aug 2017, 15:45

I would love both. Though, desktop works best with regards to softwares. But you have to buy other hardwares, unlike laptops which has it all. Laptop is also good for portability and mobility.

iyanpol12

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 251

Postby ahmedo24 » 22 Aug 2017, 05:27

Both are very important, it advisable you have both especially when you've got kids to learn the use of computer, it advisable to make them learn with desktop. It also depends on your nature of job

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby chikitta » 22 Aug 2017, 06:13

Just like you gifted I would also prefer laptops to desktops all because of the convenience. I can carry it wherever I go without feeling burdened.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby peachpurple » 22 Aug 2017, 09:02

In the past, I used desktop because it gives a wider screen, visibility is clear and precise with the LLED screen. However, it took up space and dust. So, I changed to a 2nd hand laptop which I had been using for the past 8 years, blogging to earn money. I do not use it to play online game because it will overheat the laptop and slow down the speed.

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 331

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology